Archive for the ‘Tower’ Category
Thursday, March 8th, 2018
Article source: L’eau Design
PLASTIC EDITOLOGY_Gradation Tower.
So far, the beauty was like that an object reproduces the sublimity of the nature or reaches to the ideal aesthetic standard like the golden ratio. However, the contemporary art seems to keep distance from the previous beauty.
Modern architect, Adolf Loos, who said that ‘the decorations are the sins’, discussed about the value of the architectural aesthetic in tune with the time. But, whenever we see high-rise buildings composing the urban concrete jungle, they just generate individual aesthetic values of the sculptures and showy images like a nightclub, they actually have no concern about the intrinsic value requested by present day.
Image Courtesy © Shin Kyungsub
- Architects: L’eau Design
- Project: ID Hospital
- Location: 142, Dosan-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Photography: Shin Kyungsub
- Client: Hansae Limited
- Construction: Reinforced concrete, Steel frame
- Exterior finishing: Blue brick, Perforated panel
- CM: CBRE Korea
- Constructor: Samil Enterprise Co., Ltd.
Wednesday, February 28th, 2018
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
The Maersk Tower is a state-of-the-art research building whose innovative architecture creates the optimum framework for world-class health research, making it a landmark in Copenhagen. It aims to contribute positively by linking the University of Copenhagen with the surrounding neighbourhoods and wider city.
The Tower is an extension of Panum, the University of Copenhagen’s Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, and contains both research and teaching facilities, as well as a conference centre with auditoriums and meeting rooms, connected to the latest technology. With its easily identifiable and dynamically curved shape, the 15 storey research tower stands as a sculptural linchpin for the University’s Faculty of Health Sciences, whilst equally forming a visible link between the city and the North Campus.
Image Courtesy © Adam Moerk
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: Maersk Tower
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Adam Moerk
- Client: The Danish Property Agency for the University of Copenhagen; supported by the A.P. Møller Foundation
- Collaborators: Aggebo&Henriksen, Cenergia, Gordon Farquharson, Innovation Lab
- Landscape Architect: SLA
- Engineer: Rambøll
- Size: 42,700 m2 (24,700m² laboratories, offices and shared facilities and 18,000 m² foyer, canteen, auditoria, classrooms, plant)
- Year: 2010-2017
Wednesday, February 21st, 2018
Article source: TAGO Architects
The Roya Nova project by Istanbul based TAGO Architects which integrates functionality with modern materials in its design and offers high quality living spaces, has been configured with a transparency that would respect the intensive urban surroundings in the region.
Designed by Tago Architects under the leadership of Architect Gökhan Aktan Aktug who undertakes projects in Europe, Middle East and Far East with their offices located in Tokyo, Bucharest, Kiev and Dubai in addition to the head office in Istanbul, the Roya Nova project, a work of Roya Yapı, rises between Umraniye and Atasehir, the living hubs on the Anatolian side and right next to the Finance Centre in Istanbul.
Image Courtesy © TAGO Architects
- Architects: TAGO Architects
- Project: Roya Nova
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Total Project Area: 28.800 sqm
Sunday, February 18th, 2018
Article source: Stefano Boeri Architetti
Studio Stefano Boeri Architetti continues its design activities in favor of sustainable architecture worldwide.
Following the Vertical Forest projects of Milan, Nanjing, Utrecht, Tirana, Lausanne, Paris – and after the global publication of the call-to-action video for Urban Forestry (https://www.stefanoboeriarchitetti.net/en/urbanforestry) c o m e s t o d a y ’ s announcement of the new Vertical Forest to be constructed in the Netherlands, in Eindhoven.
- Architects: Stefano Boeri Architetti
- Project: The first Vertical Forest social housing
- Location: Strijp-S, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Client: Sint Trudo
- General contractor: Stam + De Koning
- Partner: Stefano Boeri
- Project Director: Francesca Cesa Bianchi
Tuesday, February 6th, 2018
Article source: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
Peter Pichler Architecture won an international invited competition for the design of a new residential tower complex of 35.000m² in Maarssen, Netherlands.
The new complex consists of approx. 260 apartments, parking garages, public facilities, gym and a running track on the roof. It is located on a main axis between Amsterdam and Utrecht and should act as a social “engine” in the area, which will undergo some major developments within the next years.
Image Courtesy © PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Looping Towers
- Location: Maarssen, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Size: 35.000m²
- Developer / Client: Winter Trust BV
- Year: July 2017 1st Prize Invited International Competition, 2020 Finish Construction
Monday, February 5th, 2018
Article source: MAD Architects
MAD Architects, led by Ma Yansong, unveils “Mirage” ─ a renovation proposal for Montparnasse Tower in Paris, France. MAD’s design transforms this huge black monolithic building ─ positioned in the city center ─ into an artistic lighting installation that reflects the city upside down.
Image Courtesy © MAD Architects
- Architects: MAD Architects
- Project: “Mirage”
- Location: Paris, France
- Design Team: LI Guangchong, Jordan Kanter, Jacob Hu, Marco Gastoldi, Casey Kell, Matthew Pugh, Felix Amiss, YAN Ran, BEN Yuqiang, ZHAO Meng, Rozita Kahirtseva, Torsten Radunski, Young Kang, LI Liang
- Directors in Charge: Ma Yansong, Qun Dang, Yosuke Hayano
- Executive Architect: DGLa
- Structural Engineers: TERRELL
- Associates in Charge: Kin Li, Andrea D’Antrassi
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018
Article source: Foster + Partners
Foster + Partners has completed 3Beirut – the first of the practice’s projects in Lebanon. Responding directly to the site and culture of Beirut, the scheme creates a sustainable residential and retail development in the heart of the city. The development also strengthens Beirut’s role as a centre for tourism, commerce, retail and entertainment while providing new green spaces at ground level for the city to enjoy.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young / Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: 3Beirut
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon
- Photography: Nigel Young / Foster + Partners
Thursday, December 21st, 2017
Article source: 10 DESIGN
10 DESIGN WINS LATEST DESIGN COMPETITION FOR THE SHIZIMEN CBD IN ZHUHAI
With the recent design competition win of HUAFA INTERNATIONAL SEAFRONT GARDEN, 10 DESIGN celebrates the addition of their third major project in the Shizimen CBD, a new leading financial hub of Zhuhai, China. 10 DESIGN has contributed significantly with their projects totaling over 1 million sqm of GFA within the CBD alone and 8.8 million sqm of GFA throughout the city of Zhuhai.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Huafa International Seafront Garden
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: Huafa Group
- DESIGN TEAM
- Design Partner: Ted Givens
- Partner: Miriam Auyeung
- Director – Retail: Chin Yong Ng,
- Design Director: Peby Pratama, Yushan Wu, Ewa Koter, Hafsa Siddique, Dian Feng, Inigo Arrotegui, Kenton Sin, Mujung Kang, Sannie Yip, Violette Chen, Yan Liu, Alfred Mak, Erin Park and Ruizhao Zhang
- Site Area: 70,276 sqm
- GFA: Total – 376,258 sqm
- Office: 146,741 sqm
- Residential: 131,690 sqm
- Retail: 75,252 sqm
- Hotel: 22,575 sqm
- Height: highest tower at 190m
Friday, December 15th, 2017
Article source: v2com
HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates unveils their proposal for a wooden residential tower in downtown of Lagos; the most populated city in Africa with more than 16 million inhabitants. The design of the skyscraper of more than forty thousand square meters was directed by the Architect by Hermann Kamte, CEO and founder of HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates. The architect expresses that this architectural concept of wooden tower aims to improve the living conditions of the inhabitants of the city of Lagos.
Image Courtesy © HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Architects: HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Project: Lagos’s Wooden Tower
- Location: Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
- Gross floor area (GFA): 40,176 m²
- Gross volume (GV): 135,108 m³
- Site area: 13,000 m²
- Footprint area: 1134 m²
- Building height: 87 m
Thursday, December 14th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The Ankara Office Tower is a fourteen-story office building in Ankara, Turkey, that serves local and international high-tech companies engaging with leading universities and research institutes in the nation’s capital.
Image Courtesy © Florian Holzherr
- Architects: Anmahian Winton Architects
- Project: Ankara Office Tower
- Location: Ankara, Turkey
- Photography: Florian Holzherr
- Owner: Dolphin Overseas
- Design Structural Engineer: Richmond So Engineering
- Design MEP/FP: Buro Happold
- Architect of Record: RGGA Architects