Archive for the ‘Tower’ Category
Friday, January 16th, 2015
Article source: RTA-Office
RTA-Office recently won 1st prize in the competition of Qingdao’s Innovation Park design. The project belongs to a greater (1 million square meters) development scheme that targets IT companies from all over Qingdao.
The winning proposal is set for construction next year.
RTA-Office’s project occupies a privileged place, at the center of the development area and is comprised of a total of six office towers: two tall buildings of 160 m, two of 100 m and two adjacent buildings of 70 m each.
Image Courtesy © RTA-Office
- Architects: RTA-Office (Santiago Parramón)
- Project: Qingdao Innovation Park
- Location: Qingdao, China
- Project: 2014
- Completion Date: 2015
- Client: Private
Thursday, January 15th, 2015
Article source: v2com
Pei Cobb Freed & Partners has unveiled its design for a glass-clad tower that will be the largest corporate headquarters in downtown Sacramento. A project of Vanir Development Company, the 26-story building is set to rise on a prime J Street site within walking distance of the new Sacramento sports arena.
Image Courtesy © Pei Cobb Freed & Partners Architects LLP
Friday, January 9th, 2015
Article source: Zeller & Moye
‘Archivo’ is a new space for Mexico City offering an exciting mixture of manifold programs, that aims to further enrich the cultural and social life of the metropolis.
Located in the heart of Mexico City, the new cultural hub is comprised of spaces for temporary exhibitions and a permanent collection of design pieces as well as room for educational and communal activities, social events and commercial use. ‘Archivo’ will attract both locals and first-time visitors, and will thus bring new life and regenerative energy into an undiscovered part of central Mexico City.
Image Courtesy © Zeller & Moye
- Architects: Zeller & Moye
- Project: ARCHIVO tower project
- Location: Mexico City
- Team: Christoph Zeller, Ingrid Moye, Directors / Omar G. Muñoz, Marielle Rivero
- COLLABORATORS: FR-EE: Fernando Romero, Director
- STATUS: In development
- SIZE (m2 and ft2): 3,000 m2 / 32,300 ft2
- DATE: 2013 – 2016
- COST: USD$ 4,000,000
Thursday, January 8th, 2015
Article source: DIALOG
The Combined Office/Control Tower project was an integral part of the Edmonton International Airport’s expansion 2012 program, responding to increasing ridership and the pressure it had placed on the existing infrastructure and buildings. As Canada’s fastest growing major airport, the expansion ensures that the airport keeps pace with the Alberta Capital Region’s economic development.
Image Courtesy © Tom Arban
- Architects: DIALOG
- Project: Edmonton Airport Combined Offices and Control Tower
- Location: Alberta, Canada
- Photography: Tom Arban
- Software used: Rhino and Revit
- Principal-in-Charge: Tom Sutherland
- Project Architect: Stephen Boyd
- Project Engineer: Jim Montgomery, Tim McGinn, Ed Pon
- Client: Edmonton Airports
Thursday, December 18th, 2014
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
The first phase of the sculptural, 18-storey landmark residential complex located on the Stockholm waterfront in Bromma, overlooking Lake Mälaren, is completed and fully occupied.
Image Courtesy © Morgan Ekner
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: Alvik Tower
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Photography: Morgan Ekner, Mattias Hamren
Tuesday, December 9th, 2014
Article source: Another Design International
HAN TOWER is located in Hangzhou, in a strategic position, in the intersection between the Shing Road and the Jiang Hui Road. The surrounding area has a large commercial clusters, banks, Hangzhou Science and Technology Museum, and many other high-end properties, leisure spaces, entertainment mall, education and medical facilities, financial buildings.
Image Courtesy © Another Design International
Friday, November 21st, 2014
Article source: Rocco Design Architects Limited
The design targets to create an urban community with a distinct architectural setting, which can enrich the cityscape as well as offer a most dynamic working environment. Three towers of different heights are positioned in each lot, with the volumetric forms effectively defining the city edge and establishing a lasting impression for the whole development.
Image Courtesy © Rocco Design Architects Limited
- Architects: Rocco Design Architects Limited
- Project: Office Development
- Location: Shekou, Shenzhen, China
- Client: China Merchants Shekou Industrial Zone Co., Ltd
- Project Team: Rocco Yim, William Tam, Yip Kit Man, Pun Hiu Ting
- Total G.F.A: 80,000 sq. m
- Site Area: 27,777sq. m
- Designed Year: 2014
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Article source: Colboc Franzen & Associés
The Hoche ecodistrict is rising from the ground on old industrial sites. It has to mediate between the scale of the Chemin-de-l’Ile park and the A14 motorway that cuts through it, and the far smaller scale of an area of detached houses dating back to the 1930s. The two plots selected for the development are a good illustration of the challenge. The housing is divided into housing blocks that are look onto public space and face the eight-storey towers between them and the motorway and a square, but in the centre of the block are houses of the same dimensions as the existing detached houses.
Image Courtesy © Cécile Septet
- Architects: Colboc Franzen & Associés
- Project: 52 COUNCIL FLATS IN NANTERRE
- Location: Hoche ecodistrict -Nanterre (92)
- Photography: Cécile Septet
- Client: ICF La Sablière 24 rue de paradis 75490 Paris cedex 10
- Project management team: Benjamin Colboc, Manuela Franzen et Arnaud Sachet
- Project managers: Floriane Bataillard, Géraud Pin-Barras
- Surfaces: Parcel area: 2 978 sqm, Net floor area: 3 800 sqm
- Budget: € 7,314,147 excluding all tax
Wednesday, November 12th, 2014
Article source: Zechner & Zechner ZTGmbH
The ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways) has decided to build their corporate headquarters in the immediate vicinity of the new Vienna main train station. The Viennese architectural firm Zechner & Zechner emerged as winners from the two-stage, EU-wide architectural planning competition in 2009.
Image Courtesy © Pierer.net
- Architects: Zechner & Zechner ZTGmbH
- Project: ÖBB headquarters building at Vienna´s Central Station
- Location: Am Hauptbahnhof 2, Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Pierer.net
- Projectmanagers: Christoph Zechner, Stefan Wecker
- Structural engineer: Thomas Lorenz ZTGmbH, Graz
- HVAC and electric engineering: Moser & Partners, Absam
- Client: BAI – Habau – Östu-Stettin
- Gross-Floor-Area: 57.800 sqm
- Usable Area: 37.600 sqm
- Levels: 24 above ground, 3 below ground
- Height: 88 m
- Design: 2009 – 2013
- Completion: October 2014
Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Article source: HWKN and Handel Architects
The team from HWKN yesterday joined Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, owners The KRE Group and National Real Estate Advisors and other local dignitaries to celebrate the groundbreaking of Journal Squared, HWKN and Handel Architects’ highly-anticipated three-tower, mixed-use development adjacent to the Journal Square PATH Station that is expected to fuel the revitalization of the massive transportation hub and serve as the centerpiece of a resurgent urban neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © HWKN and Handel Architects
- Architects: HWKN and Handel Architects
- Project: Journal Squared
- Location: Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Size: 2,300,000 sq. ft. in 3 phases. Phase 1 currently under construction, containing 540 units.
- Client: Kushner Real Estate Group, National Real Estate Advisors
- Consultants: WSP Cantor Seinuk Inc. (structure), Barone Engineering Associates (MEP), Melillo + Bauer Associates, Inc. (landscape architect), Christopher Stevens LLC (Interiors), Bruce Mau Design (Identity), Bliss Fasman Inc. (Lighting Consultant), Van Deusen & Associates (Elevator Consultant), Israel Berger & Associates (Building Envelope Consultant), Dresdner Robin (Civil Engineers), Dolan and Dean Consulting Engineers, LLC (Traffic Consultant