Archive for the ‘Tower’ Category
Tuesday, February 4th, 2014
Article source: REX
View of the PetronasTowers through external sun shade, Image Courtesy © REX
- Project: EQUATOR TOWER
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Photography: Luxigon, REX.
- CLIENT: Confidential
- PROGRAM: 380-meter (1,230-foot), 80-story tower comprised of offices and related amenities, including auditoria, bar, banquet halls, cafeterias, executive clubs, gift shop, meeting rooms, prayer halls, restaurants, retail, and sky terraces.
- AREA 173,000 m2 (1,860,000 sf)
- CONSTRUCTION BUDGET: Confidential
- STATUS: Limited competition, 2012; one of five winning entries, 2013
- KEY PERSONNEL: Adam Chizmar, Danny Duong, Luis Gil, Alysen Hiller, Gabriel Jewell-Vitale, Roberto Otero, Se Yoon Park, Joshua Prince-Ramus, Yuan Tiauriman, Cristina Webb
- EXECUTIVE ARCHITECT: DP
- CONSULTANTS: ARUP, Barker Mohandas, DEGW, Front, Magnusson Klemencic,Martha Schwartz Partners.
Thursday, January 30th, 2014
Article source: Richard Meier & Partners
Richard Meier & Partners is proud to announce their new project in Mexico City. The new Reforma Towers will become a dynamic mixed-use development composed of two towers with offices, a hotel, retail space, restaurants and a fitness center.
Mexico City represents one of the most important cultural and commercial centers in Latin America. As the city’s economy continues to thrive, it is Richard Meier & Partners intention to develop a project that is sensitive to the history of Mexico and its rich architectural legacy.
Image Courtesy © Richard Meier & Partners
- Architects: Richard Meier & Partners
- Project: Reforma Towers
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Design Principals: Richard Meier, Bernhard Karpf
- Project Manager: Ringo Offermann
- Project Architect: David Ricardo Davila
- Project Team: Techan Abe, Kevin Browning, Amy DeDonato, John Jourden, Aung Thu Kyaw, Chris Layda, Christopher Lewis, Ian Lotto, Sharon Oh , Giorgio Villa, Sharon Oh, Giorgio Villa.
- Associate Architect: DiametroArquitectos
- Major Materials: Aluminum curtain wall, glass, white architectural concrete, pre-cast concrete panels
- Program: Office, Hotel, Retail, Restaurant, Gym, Parking
- Building Height Office Tower: 180m
- Building Height Hotel Tower: 110m
- Floor Area: 120,000m2 total, 101,500m2 above ground, 48,500 m2 office tower (Above 9th floor), 11,500 m2 hotel tower (Above 9th floor)
Thursday, January 23rd, 2014
Article source: Lemanarc SA
1. The creation of human-scale building through the unification of architecture and landscape
Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, founded by Canadian Missionary Dr. Macklin, is located in the downtown center of Nanjing city. It is one of the most renowned hospitals in China.The earlier expansions of the hospital was driven by the development of modern medical technology as well as the increasing municipal population. Despite the remarkable scales, most of these early expansions are hardly more than simple and urgent addition and extension of existing function to meet the rapidly increasing need for medical service. As a result, the functional layout of many floors are not well organized and streamlined for the operation of the hospital as a whole. For instance, the existing outpatient department is on the east side of Zhongshan Rd, connected with the main buildings of the hospital, which is on the west side, only through a narrow underground passageway, which makes extra inconvenience to both patients and staffs.
Image Courtesy © Lemanarc SA
- Architects: Lemanarc SA
- Project: Drum Tower Nanjing Hospital
- Location: Nanjing, China
Friday, January 17th, 2014
Article source: Ateliereen Architecten
For our client in the Betuwe -Holland Evenementen Groep- Ateliereen designed an adventure tower at Beldert Beach, which is a recreational lake. The tower can be used for climbing and other group activities and there is a small kiosk included in the building. There is a viewing platform at a height of nineteen meters, which offers a view over the water, the wide area and the Holland Evenementen Groep.
Image Courtesy © Ateliereen Architecten
- Architects: Ateliereen Architecten
- Project: Adventure Tower
- Location: Beldert Beach, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ateliereen Architecten
- Client: Holland Evenementen Groep, Zoelen
- Building contractor: Van Arnhem Bouwgroep, Culemborg
- Concrete manufacturer: Mombarg Beton B.V., Doetinchem
Friday, January 10th, 2014
Article source: Laura Acker
Bringing a new dimension to South Florida’s ultra-luxury, high-end real estate market, New York/South Florida developer Dezer Development entered into a master licensing agreement with Germany-based Porsche Design Group to deliver the luxury brand’s first foray into residential real estate, Porsche Design Tower Miami.
Image Courtesy © Porsche Design Tower Miami.
- Architects: Dezer Development
- Project: Porsche Design Tower
- Location: Sunny Isles Beach, FL, U.S.A
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013
Article source: UNStudio
The Ardmore Residence at 7 Ardmore Park in Singapore is located in a prime location close to the Orchard Road luxury shopping district and enjoys both expansive views of the panoramic cityscape of Singapore City and the vast green areas of its immediate western and eastern surroundings.
Image Courtesy © UNStudio
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Ardmore Residence
- Location: Singapore
- Photography: Iwan Baan
- Interior design show suite: Terry Hunziker
- Client: Pontiac Land Group
- Building surface: 15.666 m² of apartments, plus 4.400 m² carpark
- Building site: 5.625 m²
- Programme: 36 storey residential tower
- Status: Construction completed
- UNStudio: Ben van Berkel with Wouter de Jonge andHolger Hoffmann, Imola Berczi, Christian Bergmann, Aurelie Hsiao, Juergen Heinzel,Derrick Diporedjo, Nanang Santoso, Joerg Petri, Kristin Sandner, Katrin Zauner, Arne Nielsen,
- Local architects: Architects A61, Singapore
- Structure: Webstructures, Singapore
- Mechanical & Electrical Consulting Engineers: J Roger Preston, Singapore
- Façade: Ove Arup, Singapore
Friday, December 13th, 2013
Article source: UNStudio
Canaletto, arguably London’s first truly beautiful residential high-rise development, has now launched to the public.
The marketing suite, at the site of the Canaletto development at 257 City Road, EC1, showcases the latest in luxurious waterside living.
Image Courtesy © UNStudio
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Canaletto
- Location: London
- Building height: 97.02 meters
- Design studio: UNStudio, Amsterdam
- Architect: Ben van Berkel
- Interior architecture: Johnson Naylor, des Sources and UNStudio
- Interior decoration: Martin Goddard
- Landscape architecture: Churchman Landscape Architecture
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Article source: Wiel Arets Architects
This housing project is located within a former industrial area in the city of Eindhoven that was redeveloped into a residential neighborhood named Stripe S and composed of two building blocks. The E’ Tower forms the entry to this new development, with 110 apartments dispersed across its 22 floors, while a separate auxiliary building echoing the former’s façade rises 10 stories and consists of 36 apartments.
Image Courtesy © Wiel Arets Architects
- Architects: Wiel Arets Architects
- Project: E’ Tower
- Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Program: Housing
- Size: 16.000 m2
- Date of design: 2004-2006
- Date of completion: 2013
- Project team: Wiel Arets, Bettina Kraus, Freyke Hartemink, Daniel Meyer, Mai Henriksen, Jacques van Eyck
- Collaborators: Dennis Villanueva
- Client: Stadionkwartier BV, Laurentius-Amvest
- Consultants: Nelissen BV, Tielemans BV, LBP, Brandveiligheid Erik Janse, SchreuderGroep BV, Scheldebouw BV, DHV BV
Thursday, November 14th, 2013
Article source: mnté
A high rising tower in the middle of traditional city Vienna in Europe.
It suits shopping, wellness, office and living places. All combined together.
Image Courtesy © Max Monté
- Architects: Max Monté
- Project: Fluent Tower
- Location: Vienna, Europe
- Software used: Cinema 4D, Maya, 3Ds Max
Friday, October 4th, 2013
Article source: ON-A
In Taipei City, in an area in urban transformation and making facade to Tamsui’s river, we propose a 39-storey tower.
Its facade, a big structural mesh allows a large glass surface, so that all the rooms are connected with outside. On the perimeter of each floor projecting a green strip that helps user to distance the built boundary, thus providing a greater sense of security.
Image Courtesy © ON-A
- Architects: ON-A: “ in collaboration with SUMTECT”
- Project: LUXURY TOWER
- Location: TAIPEI, Taiwan
- Software used: Autocad, Rhinoceros, 3D StudioMax and Photoshop