Archive for the ‘Tower’ Category
Sunday, March 30th, 2014
Article source: Foster + Partners
Final building at More London achieves BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ rating.
Foster + Partners has completed the first office building in England to achieve the BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ accreditation. 7 More London Riverside is the final and largest building within the More London masterplan, developed by More London Development, and provides a new 10-storey, sustainable headquarters for Price water house Coopers LLP.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young_Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: More London Plot 7
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Photography: Nigel Young_Foster + Partners
- Client: More London Developments
- Area: 535,000 ft2
- Site Area: 80,000 ft2
- Capacity: 4000 Occupants
- Storeys: 11
- Foster + Partners team: Norman Foster, David Nelson, Spencer de Grey, Mike Jelliffe, Rob Hall, David Rosenberg, John McCulley, Brandon Buck, Upesh Dhanji, Francesca Venturoni, Puikie Wu, Alessandro Baccari, Paul Smith, Susanne Bauer
- Structural Engineers: Arup
- Services: Grontmij
- Landscape Architect: Robert Townshend
Sunday, March 30th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Melco Crown Entertainment, a developer and owner of casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities in Asia, has unveiled the project details and design of the fifth hotel tower at City of Dreams, the company’s flagship property in Cotai, Macau.
North Elevation, Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: City of Dreams Hotel Tower
- Location: Cotai, Macau
- Project Directors: Viviana Muscettola, Michele Pasca di, Magliano
- Facade Director: Paolo Matteuzzi
- Status: Under Construction
- Project Architects: Maria Loreto Flores, Clara Martins, Michele Salvi
- Project Team: Pierandrea Angius, Luis Miguel Samanez, Massimo Napoleoni, Bianca Cheung, Miron Mutyaba, Milind Khade, Stefano Lacopini Davide, Del Giudice Luciano, Letteriello Cyril Manyara, Alvin Triestanto, Muhammed Shameel, Goswin Rothenthal, Santiago Fernandez-Achury
- Concept Team: Viviana Muscettola, Tiago Correia, Clara Martins, Loreto Flores, Victor Orive, Danilo Arsic, Ines Fontoura Fabiano Costinanza, Rafael Gonzalez, Muhammed Shameel
- Local Architect: CAA, Macau
- Structural Engineering: Buro Happold, London/Hong Kong
- Facade Engineering: Buro Happold, Hong Kong
- Interior Designer: Remedios Studio, Long Beach CA
Sunday, March 30th, 2014
Article source: T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Sdn Bhd
Spire Edge office tower stands as an iconic landmark on a new IT park located in Manesar, Gurgaon, India.
The tower is a 21 storey building accommodating offices, auditorium, gallery and other facilities.
The key design feature of the iconic tower is a continuous green ecoinfrastructure at the north façade, ascending up the tower through green ramps from the basement, infusing it with an ecological and social terraces and garden and back down on the rear facade by a series of ramps around a meeting room.
Image Courtesy © T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Sdn Bhd
- Architects: T.R. Hamzah & Yeang Sdn Bhd
- Project: Spire Edge
- Location: Manesar, India
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: A.N Buildwell PVT. LTD
- Nos. of storeys: 20 storeys + Roof Garden
- Site Areas: 4,765 sq.m
- Proposed Development: Commercial and Offices
- Total GFA: 22,559 sq.m
- Plot Ratio: 1:4.7
- Principal-in-Charge: Ken Yeang
- Design Manager: Haytham Danoon
- Project Architect: Glen Pang
- Design Architect: Khairi Ismail
- Assistant Designer: Jermaine Chau, Shafiqa Shamshul
Saturday, March 29th, 2014
Article source: Triptyque Arquitetura
The Triptyque, renowned Franco-Brazilian firm dedicated to sustainable design brings to Brazil the first corporate building based power generation: the RB12 . Located on Rio Branco Avenue, the main commercial center of the path of Rio de Janeiro, the building will undergo a process of retrofit-green and will feature a bioclimatic façade, composed by a set of glasses with diamond sparkle zigzag, landscaping and suspended generation of energy through solar panel and fuel cell.
Image Courtesy © Triptyque Arquitetura
- Architects: Triptyque Arquitetura
- Project: RB12
- Location: Rio Branco, Brazil
- Program: Tower positive energy
- Calendar: end of 2014
- Client: NATEKKO
- Area: 4500 m²
Saturday, March 29th, 2014
Article source: Chase Communications
In a joint venture, TMG Partners, one of the San Francisco Bay Area’s largest mixed-use property developers, and Northwood Investors LLC, a leading privately-held global real estate investment firm, announced today the selection of Foster + Partners and Heller Manus Architects as architects for the approximately two million square foot mixed-use development in San Francisco.
Image Courtesy © TMG Partners & Foster+Partners
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
Article source: Kubota & Bachmann Architects
At the beginning of the 21st century, Cluj’s new control tower is the beacon and a symbol for Cluj’s architecture.
The tower is functional, alluring and green.
In our time, the reflection and integration of ecological standards seems mandatory.
Image Courtesy © Kubota & Bachmann Architects
- Architects: Kubota & Bachmann Architects
- Project: New Control Tower Airport
- Location: Cluj-Napoca, Roumania
- Client: RA Romatsa
- Type of Competition: Open Competition
- Program: Control Tower, Technical and Administrative Building
- Construction Area: 2 500m²
- Building Area: 1 000 m²
- Usable Floor Area: 1 023 m²
- Gross Floor Area: 1 426m²
- Building Hight: 42.80 m
- Result (January 2014): 6th prix
- Competition entry submission: 17th December 2013
- Change in Architects: Toshihiro KUBOTA, Francisco MARTINEZ, Ikbal BOUAITA, Pierre VOIRIN
- Local Architect: Klara L. VEER
- Translation: Cathrine Baciu, François VOIRIN
- Structure Engineer: Bollinger+Grohmann Ingenieure
- Perspectives: Jigen
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Article source: Powerhouse Company & IND [Inter.National.Design]
IND [Inter.National.Design] + Powerhouse Company in collaboration with ABT have won the Çanakkale Antenna Tower International Competition, near the city of Çanakkale in western Turkey.
For the competition, eight international teams where shortlisted to design a 100-meter tall Observation and Broadcast Tower for the historic city of Çanakkale. As stated by the competition brief, “competitors are strongly recommended to consider the technological requirements of the broadcasting tower and recreational potentials of a public entity with equal emphasis.”
Image Courtesy © Powerhouse Company, IND [Inter.National.Design]
- Architects: Powerhouse Company & IND [Inter.National.Design]
- Project: Antenna Tower
- Location: Çanakkale, Turkey
- Client: Province of Çanakkale
- Design: Arman Akdoğan, Felix Madrazo, Charles Bessard and Nanne de Ru
- Team: Alejandro Gonzalez Perez, Stijn Kemper, Albert T. Richters, Onur Can Tepe, Bibiana Paez, Bruno Barbosa, Senad Gvozden, Martin Frank Petersen, Donna van Milligen Bielke, Paul Rikken, Joanna Kułaczkowska
- Structural Engineering: ABT, Han Krijgsman, Jouke Pieter Lutgendorf
- Antenna Engineering: Hasan Yeşilova, Nizamettin Çetinyılmaz
- Aerial visualisation: MIR
Saturday, March 1st, 2014
Article source: DOMINIQUE PERRAULT ARCHITECTURE
When an architect delivers a building it is always an extremely emotional moment, marked by the end of a long process of mediation, from absolute potentiality of early sketches to fine tuning in situ of final details. An actor, for a time, in the endless development of territories, the architect exits the scene. He hands over the controls to those he has been working for. This is the moment when architecture transitions from the intellectual, conceptual state to the fundamentally physical and real.
Image Courtesy © Michael Nagl
Sunday, February 16th, 2014
Article source: Architects of Invention
The young London-Moscow-Tbilisi-based practice Architects of Invention has received 3rd Prize for Telecommunications Tower in Santiago de Chile as a part of.
The concept of this tower suggests the volcano and optical phenomena such as the halo and the sun pillar. The ideas originate with the early modernists such as Rodchenko, Tatlin, Yakov Chernikhov and Malevich.
Image Courtesy © Architects of Invention
- Architects: Architects of Invention (Nikoloz Japaridze, Anton Khmelnitskiy, Daniel Lareau, Petras Isora, Yakim Milev, Vano Ksenashvili, Dato Canava)
- Project: Halo Santiago
- Location: Providencia, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
- Award: Third Place
- Senior Team: Ignacio Hernandez, Mauricio Mandler, Alvaro Dieguez, Cesar Goldsmith, Carlos Flores, Alexander Weiss
- Structural Engineer: Engenuiti Enginieers
- Project Year: 2014
Tuesday, February 4th, 2014
Article source: REX
View of the PetronasTowers through external sun shade, Image Courtesy © REX
- Project: EQUATOR TOWER
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Photography: Luxigon, REX.
- CLIENT: Confidential
- PROGRAM: 380-meter (1,230-foot), 80-story tower comprised of offices and related amenities, including auditoria, bar, banquet halls, cafeterias, executive clubs, gift shop, meeting rooms, prayer halls, restaurants, retail, and sky terraces.
- AREA 173,000 m2 (1,860,000 sf)
- CONSTRUCTION BUDGET: Confidential
- STATUS: Limited competition, 2012; one of five winning entries, 2013
- KEY PERSONNEL: Adam Chizmar, Danny Duong, Luis Gil, Alysen Hiller, Gabriel Jewell-Vitale, Roberto Otero, Se Yoon Park, Joshua Prince-Ramus, Yuan Tiauriman, Cristina Webb
- EXECUTIVE ARCHITECT: DP
- CONSULTANTS: ARUP, Barker Mohandas, DEGW, Front, Magnusson Klemencic,Martha Schwartz Partners.