Archive for the ‘Tower’ Category
Friday, October 27th, 2017
Article source: Paillard architect & urban planner
“The opportunity to build apartments at La Défense remains a rare one. All the more so an apartment tower (top floor at 50 m). In fact, some thirty years have passed since the building of the last one. The district of La Défense, willed into existence by General de Gaulle to show the world of the 1960s that France was entering into the modern world of finance and business (the famous “Trente Glorieuses” or thirty-year post-war boom), is a curious above-ground urban mixture, an artificial island, veritable realm of “corporate architecture” punctuated by multitude of high-rise office towers, business centers, rather hollow official monuments, shopping centers and a few public housing complexes, the whole placed atop an immense, windswept concrete slab and irrigated from below by a labyrinth of vehicular arteries, railway tunnels among other piped networks.
Image Courtesy © Guillaume Guerin
- Architects: Paillard architect & urban planner
- Project: Skylight Tower
- Location: La Défense, Paris
- Photography: Guillaume Guerin
- Client: NEXITY Paris Val de Seine, Student housing sold to GECINA
- Project head: Nicolas Land
- General contractor: Bouygues Construction Habitat Résidentiel
- Supervising office: BTP Consultant
- Surface area: 11 475 m²
- Competition: December 2012
- Delivery: September 2017
Thursday, September 28th, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
In twenty years, the Zuidas area of Amsterdam has developed into the Netherlands main international business centre, which resulted in a reduced focus on residential interests. The development of Valley is part of the city’s ambition to correct this by transforming the area into a more liveable and complete urban quarter, welcoming large amounts of residents and additional public facilities to the area over the next decade.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Valley
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Friday, September 22nd, 2017
Article source: Proyecto Cafeína
As part of the Saint Peter District property development in the west area of San Pedro Cholula, Puebla, Ágata Tower emerges as a stylized prism that holds 7 apartments.
The building’s land use is residential and it is erected from the parking lot upwards to its 7 levels as an element whose shape results from the desired directions, both towards the volcanoes and towards the Cholula pyramid.
Image Courtesy © Proyecto Cafeína
- Architects: Proyecto Cafeína
- Project: Agatha Tower
- Location: San Pedro Cholula, Puebla
- Year: 2015
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: mvrdv
Rotterdam’s harbour basins and quays form an important historical reference for the port city’s heritage, with Wilheminapier firmly established as one of its most popular and spectacular areas. Since 2015, development partners BPD Bouwfonds Property Development, Ontwikkeling B.V. and SYNCHROON Ontwikkelaars in consultation with the municipality of Rotterdam, have been working on the development of residential buildings Philadelphia & Havana.
The Sax is a 51 floor mixed-use tower set to be the latest addition to Rotterdam’s renowned Wilhelminapier port development., Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: The Sax
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Design Team: Jacob van Rijs, Frans de Witte with Fedor Bron, Mick van Gemert, Mark van den Ouden, Luca Moscelli, Fouad Addou, Daniele Zonta, Giuseppe Campo Antico, Ronald Kam, Clementine Bory and Yassin Matni.
- Visualization: Antonio Luca Coco, Davide Calabro, Massimiliano Marzoli, Costanza Cuccato, Kirill Emelianov and Pavlos Ventouris
- Size and Programme: 82,200 m2 with 450 apartments (sale and rental), a hotel with 150 rooms, parking and commercial units
- Year: 2017+
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: AGi Architects
Wafra Vertical Housing introduces a new concept to urban living that adapts to the evolving lifestyle of 21st Century contemporary Kuwait. Considering the increasing demand for land in the city, the transformation of single family dwelling typologies becomes a must, where tenants should be able to enjoy privacy as well as benefit from vertical solution amenities and prime location.
Image Courtesy © AGi architects
- Architects: AGi Architects (Nasser B. Abulhasan, Joaquín Pérez-Goicoechea)
- Project: Wind Tower
- Location: Salmiya, Kuwait
- Client: Wafra Real Estate Co.
- Project Leaders: Stefania Rendinelli, Lulu Alawadhi
- Project Team: Georg Thesing, Juan Carlos Jimenez, Cristina Ruiz, Alfredo Carrato, Ehsan Abdulrasoul Rahimi, Ibrahim Abu Fayyad
- Engineers: Arturo Macusi, Joseph Thomas
- Area: 6,500 sqm
- Date: 2014-2017
Wednesday, August 9th, 2017
Article source: RUNDQUIST ARKITEKTER AB
As part of the development of the Northern Link in Stockholm, &Rundquist has designed two ventilation towers, located in different areas within the National City Park in Stockholm, one at Frescati and another in Värtan. Their function is to ventilate the air from Northern Link’s traffic tunnel and to reduce the emission levels at its entrances. Being placed within the National City Park, the towers’ design in relation to the park environment is very important.
Image Courtesy © Kasper Dudzik
- Architects: RUNDQUIST ARKITEKTER AB ( Rundquist Architects, Henrik Rundquist, Jonas Nyberg, Anna Undén, Peter Sundin, Johan Kronberg)
- Project: Ventilation Towers for the Northern Link
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Photography: Robert Andersson and Kasper Dudzik
- Client: Trafikverket (Swedish Transport Administration), Martin Hellgren, Magnus Enblom, Mats Broman
- Collaboration: Kungliga djursgårds förvaltningen, Gunnar Haeger, Henrik Niklasson
- Construction specifications: Ramböll, Bengt Pettersson
- Contractor: Martinsons, Daniel Wilded
- Construction contractor: Martinsons, Greger Lindgren
- Gross Area: 44,8 m2 per tower
- Project Start: 2004
- Construction Year: 2013-2015
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group has signed a management contract for a new signature hotel and branded residences to be developed in Melbourne, Australia. The project is expected to open in 2023, and is the Group’s first announced property in Australia.
The hotel and residences will be located on Collins Street, in the mixed-use 185-metre tower designed by Zaha Hadid, and will play a part in the ongoing regeneration of the city’s Central Business District. Located in the heart of Melbourne’s financial and legal district, the project is close to the Docklands and the Southbank tourist and entertainment precinct.
Image Courtesy © Visualarch
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Mandarin Oriental hotel and residences
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: Visualarch
- ZHA Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Director: Gianluca Racana
- ZHA Project Directors: Michele Pasca di Magliano and Viviana Muscettola
- ZHA Project Associates: Andres Madrid and Michele Salvi
- ZHA Project Team: Johannes Elias, Pauline Gidoin, Millie Anderson, Michael Sims, Gaganjit Singh, Natasha Gill, Yooyeon Noh, Vincent Yeung, Hee Seung Lee, Nhan Vo, Sam Mcheileh, Luca Ruggeri, Michael Rogers Juan Camilo Mogollon, Effie Kuan, Julia Hyoun Hee Na, Maria Tsironi, Ashwanth Govindaraji, Cyril Manyara, Cristina Capanna, Massimo Napoleoni, Kostantinos Psomas, Megan Burke, Veronica Erspamer, Ahmed Hassan, Marius Cernica
- Local Architect: PLUS Architecture
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Aedas-design Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II) sits in a prime area on the Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, in close proximity to the Lotus Bridge that links to Cotai, Macau. Overlooking some of the largest casino resorts across the river, the development is set to be an integrated cultural tourism-oriented complex with two high-rise Grade-A office towers and a series of retail, banquet, entertainment and leisure venues.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II)
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: MCC International Investment Development Co., Ltd.
- Directors: Andy Wen and Keith Griffiths
- Gross Floor Area: 486,257 sq m
- Completion Year: 2019
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
Foster + Partners has been appointed to design a new office tower as part of an urban precinct that is set to reinvigorate part of Sydney’s iconic Circular Quay. Located between George and Pitt streets – a stone’s throw away from the city’s famous harbour – the scheme is characterised by a network of pedestrian laneways that criss-cross the site at different levels. The laneways will be lined with shops, cafes and bars, celebrating Sydney as a unique destination.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Circular Quay Tower
- Location: Circular Quay, Sydney, Australia
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: Nita Architects
At the heart of Mediterranean, Antalya carries the trace of ancient history surrounded with a splendid natural beauty. With a prospective climatic state and an average temperature of 35°C and 300 day a year being sunshine, Antalya becomes one of the vibrant touristic city in the world.
Image Courtesy © Gürkan Akay
- Architects: Nita Architects,(Serdar Kızıltaş, Z. Melike Atay Kızıltaş)
- Project: Expo 2016 Antalya Observation Tower
- Location: Antalya, Turkey
- Photography: : Gürkan Akay
- DesignTeam: Serdar Kızıltaş, Zeynep Melike Atay Kızıltaş
- Project Team: Zeynep Hacıhanefioğlu
- Consultation: Mehmet Keresteci(Mechanical Engineer), Gökhan Güvendiksoy (Facade Consultant)
- Facade Engineering: Metal Yapı
- Mechanical Engineer: TSO
- Electrical Engineer: KEY
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 1700 m²
- Completion Year: 2016