Archive for the ‘Tower’ Category
Friday, June 1st, 2012
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Set between ring road and residential area, Stone Towers avoids the monolithic repetition of static building masses – comprising higher structures, articulated through a series of ‘ripples’ to create North Edge Buildings and lower, softer ‘ribbons’ at South Edge Buildings – a central, outdoor landscape, the ‘Delta’ fusing these key elements.
Stone Towers, named for an ancient petrified tree at the heart of this new development, comprises state of the art office facilities for a rapidly expanding city, alongside a five star hotel, serviced apartments, restaurants, bars and a central landscaped area, the ‘Delta’.
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Stone Towers
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Project Director: Chris Lepine
- Project Architect: Tyen Masten
- Design Team: Celina Auterio, Alessio Costantino, Matthew Engele, Elke Frotscher, Brandon Gehrke, Evelyn Gono, Subharthi Guha, Sofia Hagen, Josias Hamid, Michael Hargens, Michael Harris, Verena Hoch, Ben Kikkawa, Kay Kulinna, Michael Mader, Sang Hoon Oh, Irene Pabustan, Chryssanthi Perpatidou, Fernando Poucell, Irena Predalic, Mahmoud Riad, Timothy Schreiber, Eva Tiedemann, Leo Wu, Michelle Wu, Anas Younes, Ceyhun Baskin, David Campos, Eren Ciraci, Inanc Eray, Jose Lemos, Daniel Norell, Azen Omar, Edgar Payan, Sofia Razzaque, Ebru Simsek, Erhan Patat
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012
Article source: Atelier d’Architecture Ramdam
The slender architecture of the water tower dominates a territory that is historically devoted to water management. The reservoir is a summit outside of the city. Enriched by a contemporary recreational programme, it becomes the symbol for the ecological issues of our time. The public space finds itself amended.
Castle in the Sky
- Architects: Atelier d’Architecture Ramdam
- Project: Castle in the Sky
- Location: Latina, Italy
- Program: Rehabilitation of a Water Tower – Water Consciousness Trail & Offices
- Client: Foundation Wilmotte & City of Latina
- Status: Concept Proposal 2009 – Third Prize
- Site size: 9300 m²
- Building area: 3000 m²
Saturday, May 12th, 2012
Article source: Saunders Architecture
The Tower Studio is dramatically situated on a stretch of rocky coastline in Shoal Bay, Fogo Island, Newfoundland. The studio’s sculptural silhouette leans both forward and backward as it twists upward. For the average visitor to the island, this windowless black tower, more often than not, provokes a quizzical response and the enviable question, “What’s that?” For the locals, they know that this structure is a project of the Fogo Island Arts Corporation – an art studio opened in June 2011. The Tower Studio’s official opening was one of the most festive and included: a roaring bonfire, flares dramatically shot from its rooftop terrace and the recorded sounds of local whales as a background score.
Image Courtesy Bent René Synnevåg
- Architects: Saunders Architecture
- Project: Tower Studio
- Location: Shoal Bay, Fogo Island, Newfoundland, Canada
- Client: Shorefast Foundation and the Fogo Island Arts Corporation
- Team architects: Attila Béres, Ryan Jørgensen, Ken Beheim-Schwarzbach, Nick Herder, Rubén Sáez López, Soizic Bernard, Colin Hertberger, Christina Mayer, Olivier Bourgeois, Pål Storsveen, Zdenek Dohnalek
- Associate Architect: Sheppard Case Architects Inc. (Long Studio)
- Structural Engineer: DBA Associates (Long Studio)
- Services Engineer: Core Engineering (Long Studio)
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Thursday, May 10th, 2012
Article source: Hackenbroich Architekten
The Golf’s Tower provides “Panorama Apartments” which embraces the view over the Lima Golf Club. The graded rooms and the multiple ways to open and enclose them allow the users to individual configure the inside-out relations.
The apartment unfolds towards the context through the plan that turns from an enclosed sequence of spaces at the south side to an open plan towards the north side. The main rooms like the living room, dinning room and master bedroom are situated at the façade, while the TV-room, study, kitchen and master bathroom are connected to these main rooms. Living, TV room, dinning, kitchen and master bedroom can be combined to one continuous space along the facade to maximize the experience of the “Panorama Apartment”.
- Architects: Hackenbroich Architekten
- Project: Golf´s Tower
- Location:Av. General Juan Antonio Pezet, 973, District of San Isidro, Lima, Peru
- Use: Apartment Building
- Site Area: 730 m2
- Building Area: 430 m2
- Total Gross Floor Area: 7.039 m2
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012
Article source: Century Properties Group, Inc.
It is with immense privilege that Century Properties is pleased to announce Trump TowerTM Manila, the Philippines’ most illustrious residential skyscraper and Manila’s definitive landmark. Bearing the name of a brand globally-renowned for the finest standards of luxury, elegance and sophistication, Trump TowerTM Manila encompasses all the outstanding qualities of a Trump address, with superior quality, detail and craftsmanship evident in both its visually-arresting architecture and its interior design.
Saturday, May 5th, 2012
Article source: François Blanciak Architect
In order to avoid the bilboquet form inherent to most observation structures of this height, the proposed building is conceived as a continuous segment whose middle part is made thicker by a knot. The resulting symbolic shape expresses the idea that the total length of the tower is in fact even longer than the regulated maximum height of 450 meters which it reaches at its summit. Alternately, the space created by the knot shape turns out to conveniently provide viewers with a three-dimensional panoramic experience of the city of Incheon, as a continuous indoor and outdoor balcony.
- Architects: François Blanciak Architect
- Project: Incheon Tower
- Location: Incheon, South Korea
- Collaborator: Janko Radojevic
- Program: observation tower + exhibition hall + leisure facilities
- Type: competition
- Date: 2008
- Area: 45000m²
Saturday, April 28th, 2012
Article source: WZMH Architects
Centennial Place: WZMH’s new ideal in tower design for Calgary
The Canadian architect creates a dynamic city landmark that majors in sustainability, connectivity, and a playful informality. Centennial Place is a new landmark for the city of Calgary, Alberta. Located at the northwest of the downtown city core, the development’s two striking towers offer a new architectural – standard on multiple levels. Centennial Place represents the very best in sustainable office design. It achieves a level of connectivity with the city not previously seen in Calgary, linking to both the existing commercial infrastructure and, eventually, – to the adjacent planned residential neighbourhoods. Centennial Place’s highly articulated design creates a beacon, an architectural focal point, amidst a city noted for its tall buildings and dense urban environment.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Tom Arban)
- Architect: WZMH Architects
- Official Name of Project: Centennial Place
- Location: 520 – 3rd Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Client: Oxford Properties Group
- Design Team: David Rich (Design Principal), Jay Bigelow (Executive Principal), Tom Schloessin (Project Architect), Roland Brunner (Design Architect) and Bill Brown (Job Captain)
- Image Credit: Tom Arban
Thursday, April 26th, 2012
Article source: ENFORMA in cooperation with AIM STUDIO
Planning and designing buildings, in areas such as Budva, are almost always driven by clear guidelines that were established during the long and rich history. The subject area has many of high-quality surroundings aspects and views, like the old town, the island Sv. Nicola and the sea horizon. Therefore, making an architectural structure, on this location, has to be directed towards these benefits with an adequate response to the overall context.
- Architect: ENFORMA in cooperation with AIM STUDIO
- Name of Project: Salt Tower
- Location: Budva, Montenegro
- Architects: ENFORMA – Nikola Novaković, Slobodan Jović, Radovan Radoman + AIM STUDIO – Ivan Milošević
- Project year: 2012.
- Total constraction gross area: 6095.24 m2
- Clients: Monterra Montenegro d.o.o. , MCG d.o.o.
Wednesday, April 25th, 2012
Article source: BIG
BIG CONTRIBUTES TO VANCOUVER SKYLINE
The 490-foot-tall Beach and Howe mixed-use tower by BIG + Westbank + Dialog + Cobalt + PFS + Buro Happold + Glotman Simpson and local architect James Cheng marks the entry point to downtown Vancouver, forming a welcoming gateway to the city, while adding another unique structure to the Vancouver skyline.
Images Courtesy BIG
- Architect: BIG
- Name of Project: Beach and Howe Mixed-Use Tower
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Client: Westbank Projects Corp.
- Size: 653,890 sf / 60,670 m2
- Image credit: BIG
- Collaborators: Dialog, Cobalt Engineering, Phillips Farevaag Smallenberg Urban Design, Buro Happold, Glotman Simpson, James KM Cheng Architects
- Partners-in-charge: Bjarke Ingels, Thomas Christoffersen
- Project Leader: Agustin Perez-Torres
- Team: Julianne Gola, Marcella Martinez, Chris Malcolm, Karol Borkowski, Michael Taylor, Alina Tamosiunaite, David Brown, Tobias Hjortdal, Alexandra Gustafson
Sunday, April 15th, 2012
Article source: C. F. Møller Architects
The tower block construction in Stockholm has been planned in connection with the extension of the City Line rail link.
The complex of 100 metres, the equivalent of approximately 30 stories, will include a hotel, offices and possibly housing. The building will be equipped with an entrance to a new station at street level directly opposite the city’s old main railway station, Centralen, and will therefore be a landmark for Stockholm’s new metro.
Image Courtesy C. F. Møller Architects
- Architects: C. F. Møller Architects
- Project: Continental Towers
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Client: FOLKSAM in co-operation with: Citybanan, Scandic Hotels, Stockholms Stadsbyggnadskontor, and Stockholms Exploateringskontor
- Landscape: C. F. Møller Architects
- Size: 20.000 m2 (including the existing hotel 30.000 m2)
- Year: 2009-
- Photography: C. F. Møller Architects