Archive for the ‘Tower’ Category
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
Article source: Going East
‘The renaissance of work’
Fosbury & Sons has taken up residence in the WATT-tower in Antwerp, a building by legendary modernist architect Léon Stynen. On the impressive first floor Fosbury & Sons founders Stijn Geeraets and Maarten Van Gool have launched a new and high-quality way of working, ‘the renaissance of work’, focussing on the needs of today’s generation. Fosbury & Sons is an inspiring and professional workplace where entrepreneurs, digital nomads and larger companies come together and benefit from all kinds of additional services. As a member, you will enjoy the comfort of a professional office, with the welcome warmth of your living room, the services and looks of a hotel and the fun of your free time. The impressive 3000 m² area was decorated by the Antwerp-based architects Going East.
Image Courtesy © Going East
- Architects: Going East
- Project: Fosbury & Sons Co-Work
- Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
Article source: Hermann Kamte & Associates
Lagos is the most populate city in Africa and represents a big deal for architects. City consists of 16 million inhabitants. Situated in the heart of Ikory, the most popular and the richest residential site of Nigeria, Lagos’s tower is the unique wooden structure which is designed to be a smart and sustainable building.
Image Courtesy © Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Architects: Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Project: Lagos’s Wooden Tower
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Designer: Hermann Kamte
- Status: Shortlisted (Plan B: The City Above The City)
Thursday, February 2nd, 2017
Article source: MAParchitects
The project allows access to one of Denmark’s archaeological gems, while offering and intricate spatial experience. Previously inaccessible, the visitor can enter and climb the main space of the tower, perceive the archaeological layers and view the landscape. Culture and nature, at a small and large scale, are united by this spiral access.
Image Courtesy © David A. Garcia
- Architects: MAParchitects
- Project: Kalø Tower Visitor Access
- Location: Rønde, Denmark
- Photography: David A. Garcia and Bjørn Pierri Enevoldsen
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Aedas, Gmond International Building is a representative regeneration project in the old town in Shenzhen. The project will house the headquarters for Tellus-Gmond, Grade 5A lettable office spaces and a jewellery trading centre. The well-facilitated transport hub nearby brings enormous circulation to the complex and generates excellent development potentials.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Gmond International Building
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Client: Shenzhen Gmond Investment Holdings
- Director: Andy Wen
- Gross floor area: 59,958 square metres
- Completion year: 2019
Saturday, January 28th, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
The construction of a new flagship development, Varso by international real estate developer HB Reavis, comprising three buildings including an office tower designed by Foster + Partners, has commenced with completion scheduled for 2020. It presents a unique new hotspot for businesses, residents and tourists in the heart of Warsaw city centre.
Varso Tower, at 53 stories (310 metres) will be the tallest building in Poland offering generous, flexible modern office spaces. It will also feature an observation deck, which at 230 metres will make it one of the highest in Europe. From here building users, locals and tourists alike will be able to enjoy unique and spectacular views of Warsaw’s skyline and the metropolitan area. There will be also be a restaurant on levels 46 and 47 for visitors. A wide range of facilities and services including shops, restaurants and cafés will occupy the buildings’ ground levels. In addition, vibrant covered internal streets will be open to all throughout the year.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
Friday, January 27th, 2017
Article source: Abalo Alonso Arquitectos
Connection and accessibility between the historical city center and the coast.
Ribadeo is located in the north-west of Galicia, at the border with Asturias and edging the estuary which bears its very same name. It has some nine thousand inhabitants, most of them working at the services sector. It has a protected historical quarter, a marina and a commercial port, which is strategically located in the Cantabrian coast. Within the municipality of Ribadeo lies the Catedrales beach, whose surrounding area is the second most visited place in Galicia, following Santiago de Compostela’s Cathedral. Ribadeo is a favorite summer holiday destination not just for people from the Lugo province, but also from people from every corner of Spain.
Image Courtesy © santos diez / bisimages
- Architects: Abalo Alonso Arquitectos (Elizabeth Abalo, Gonzalo Alonso)
- Project: ACCESSIBLE RIBADEO
- Location: Ribadeo, Lugo, Spain
- Photography: santos diez / bisimages
- Carlos Bóveda, arquitecto.
- Juan A. Pérez Valcárcel, Dr. Arquitecto. Cálculo de estructuras.
- Promotion: Concello de Ribadeo. Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, Medio Rural y Marino.
- Construction: Dragados. Delegado Vicente Delgado. Jefe de obra, Antón Laxe
- Materials: Concrete, steel, stone
- Date: 2005 – 2010
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017
Article source: RUR Architecture, DPC
O-14, a 22-story tall commercial tower perched on a two-story podium, officially opened in 2011, and comprises over 300,000 square feet of office space for the Dubai Business Bay. O-14 is located along the extension of Dubai Creek, occupying a prominent location on the waterfront esplanade. With O-14, the office tower typology has been turned inside out – structure and skin have flipped to offer a new economy of tectonics and of space.
Image Courtesy © Imre Solt
- Architects: RUR Architecture, DPC
- Project: O-14 Tower
- Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Photography: Imre Solt and Nelson Garrido
- Client: Creekside Development Corporation, Dubai, UAE
- General Contractor: Dubai Contracting Company (DCC), Dubai, UAE
- Principals: Jesse Reiser + Nanako Umemoto
- Design Team: Mitsuhisa Matsunaga, Michael Overby, Jason Scroggin, Cooper Mack, Kutan Ayata, Roland Snooks
- Structural Engineer: Ysrael A. Seinuk , PC, New York, NY
- Architect of Record: Erga Progress, Dubai, UAE
- Window Wall Consultant: R.A.Heintges & Associates, New York, NY
- Lighting Concept Design: L’Observatoire International, New York, NY
- Structure: Perforated Concrete Exoskeleton
- Site Area: 34,392 sqf (3,195 sqm)
- Building Area (w/ basement parking): 300,000 sqf (27,870 sqm)
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Article source: Radionica arhitekture d.o.o.
Vukovar Water Tower was heavily damaged during Croatian War of Independence and became a symbol of war suffering.
We barely touch the Water Tower… Panoramic elevator leads us to the memorial room in place of the former water tank. In the room, on the screens, we can see documentary videos from the period of the city and Water Tower suffering. A long zig-zag path leads us to the roof, to a viewpoint from which we can see the city which is renewed. And we can see the Danube.
Image Courtesy © Radionica arhitekture d.o.o.
- Architects: Radionica arhitekture d.o.o.
- Project: WATER TOWER MEMORIAL
- Location: Vukovar, Croatia
- Software used: Autocad and SketchUp
- Project team: Fani Frković, Sara Jurinčić, Tena Knežević, Dora Krušelj, Marin Mišan, Klara Nikšić, Jelena Prokop, Goran Rako, Ana
- Ranogajec, Josip Sabolić
- Area: 1.200 m2
- Designed: 2015
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Article source: ZERAFA ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
Za’abeel Park has been designed to showcase Dubai’s status as a regional center for the development of high-technology and IT industries through a unique mix of educational and recreational facilities. The development of these facilities within a large scale garden-park setting has created a multi-faceted urban space within the city center for both residents and visitors alike. This urban idea is fundamental to the “new face of Dubai” and the future development of the city within an international context. Within this spirit, the proposed “Emblem” tower for Za’abeel Park should be expressive of the confluence of these regional ideas, energy, and culture which define the modern city with an underlying emotional reference to a more universal iconography.
Image Courtesy © ZERAFA ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
- Architects: ZERAFA ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
- Project: Ambient Tower Dubai- Thyssenkrupp
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino, V-Ray
- Client: Dubai Municipality
- Joint Venture Architect: Gregory T Waugh, AIA
- Design Team: Jason Zerafa, Joaquin Boldrini, , Pablo Zamorano, Luis E. Carmona, Katherine Moya.
- Structural Consultant: Gilsanz Murray Steficek LLP.
- Structural Design Team: Ramon Gilsanz, Jessica Mandrick
- Mechanical Consultant: Consentini
- Mechanical Design Team: Mike Maybaum, David Leo.
- Size: 7238 sm.
- Status: International Competition Proposal.
Thursday, January 19th, 2017
Article source: CAZA Architects
CAZA (Carlos Arnaiz Architects), a Brooklyn-based architecture and design firm with offices in Bogotá, Colombia; Lima, Peru; and Manila, Philippines, is pleased to announce the opening of the City Center Tower located in downtown metro Manila. With construction completed this month, the 27-story-tall mixed-use building will feature three floors of commercial retail and dining space while also serving as the corporate offices for several prominent international companies.
Image Courtesy © Frank Callaghan
- Architects: CAZA Architects
- Project: City Center Tower
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Photography: Frank Callaghan