Archive for the ‘Tower’ Category
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Article source: ZERAFA ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
Za’abeel Park has been designed to showcase Dubai’s status as a regional center for the development of high-technology and IT industries through a unique mix of educational and recreational facilities. The development of these facilities within a large scale garden-park setting has created a multi-faceted urban space within the city center for both residents and visitors alike. This urban idea is fundamental to the “new face of Dubai” and the future development of the city within an international context. Within this spirit, the proposed “Emblem” tower for Za’abeel Park should be expressive of the confluence of these regional ideas, energy, and culture which define the modern city with an underlying emotional reference to a more universal iconography.
Image Courtesy © ZERAFA ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
- Architects: ZERAFA ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
- Project: Ambient Tower Dubai- Thyssenkrupp
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino, V-Ray
- Client: Dubai Municipality
- Joint Venture Architect: Gregory T Waugh, AIA
- Design Team: Jason Zerafa, Joaquin Boldrini, , Pablo Zamorano, Luis E. Carmona, Katherine Moya.
- Structural Consultant: Gilsanz Murray Steficek LLP.
- Structural Design Team: Ramon Gilsanz, Jessica Mandrick
- Mechanical Consultant: Consentini
- Mechanical Design Team: Mike Maybaum, David Leo.
- Size: 7238 sm.
- Status: International Competition Proposal.
Thursday, January 19th, 2017
Article source: CAZA Architects
CAZA (Carlos Arnaiz Architects), a Brooklyn-based architecture and design firm with offices in Bogotá, Colombia; Lima, Peru; and Manila, Philippines, is pleased to announce the opening of the City Center Tower located in downtown metro Manila. With construction completed this month, the 27-story-tall mixed-use building will feature three floors of commercial retail and dining space while also serving as the corporate offices for several prominent international companies.
Image Courtesy © Frank Callaghan
- Architects: CAZA Architects
- Project: City Center Tower
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Photography: Frank Callaghan
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Article source: Orange Architects
Orange Architects wins the closed competition for Terra Project; An exclusive residential tower at the beach in Limassol, Cyprus – commissioned by Masharii & The Land.
The design for the Terra project consists of 10 luxurious apartments, on top of a double high commercial plinth – ultimately suitable for a nice club or restaurant – on the shore line of Limassol, Cyprus. With the design Orange Architects focuses on blending in an elegant and unique tower, in a recreational beach area, close to the sea and part of the holiday entertainment zone of the city.
Image Courtesy © Orange Architects
- Architects: Orange Architects
- Project: Terra project
- Location: Limassol, Cyprus
- Software used: ArchiCAD, 3dS Max
- Client: The Land
- Project management: Masharii
- Team: Patrick Meijers, Jeroen Schipper, Gloria Caiti, Kristina Jasutiene, Erika Ruiz, Elena Staskute
- Size: 1.820 m2
- Date: November 2016<
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
The groundbreaking ceremony for Oceanwide Center was held on Thursday, 8 December, marking the start of construction on one of the most pivotal urban projects in San Francisco’s recent history. Situated in the rapidly changing Transbay Area of San Francisco, close to Market Street and the financial district, this transit-oriented development is at the core of downtown San Francisco.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners / Heller Manus Architects
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Oceanwide Center
- Location: San Francisco, United States of America
- Photography: Foster + Partners Heller Manus Architects
- Client: Oceanwide Center
- Collaborating Architect: Norman Foster, Stefan Behling, David Summerfield, Michael Wurzel, Morgan Fleming, Armstrong Yakubu, Bassem Fawwaz, Michael Powers, Tillmann Lenz Piers Heath, Nathan Millar, Jens Kaarsholm, Kadri Kaldam, Jean-Francois Lemay, Simone Martin, Liam Alsop, Ignacio Amunategui, Christos Antonopoulos, Elina Christou, Andrew Dabomprez, Eva Diu, Eleonora Rosselli, Tandorn Prakobpol, Steven Ascensao, Belen Lopez Barrera, Stefano Corsi, Umberto Guareschi, Dovydas Kunsmonas, Lulu Yang, Parul Singh Jio Fish, Jose Garcia Gallardo, Karim Anwar, Quiddale O Sullivan, Radu Ionut Boeriu, Samson Simberg, Sigita Burbulyte, Miguel Munoz, Oliver Mould
- Land Use Attorney: Reuben Junius & Rose
- Structural Engineer: Magnusson klemencic Associates
- Mechanical Engineers:
- Foster + Partners
- Taylor Engineering
- Engineering Enterprise
- Civil Engineer: BKF
- Landscape Consultant: Gustafson Guthrie Nichols
- Façade Consultant: Heintges & Associates
- Acoustic consultant: Wilson Ihrig
Friday, January 13th, 2017
Article source: Studio Gang
Studio Gang announces their design for One Hundred, a new tower at 100 North Kingshighway Boulevard in St. Louis, Missouri, for Mac Properties. The design, which will be unveiled in a public meeting in St. Louis on Monday, December 12, proposes an architecturally significant apartment tower at the northeast corner of Kingshighway Boulevard and West Pine Boulevard in the Central West End neighborhood.
“The Central West End is an extraordinary, architecturally rich neighborhood that has evolved over many decades,” said Eli Ungar, Founder of Mac Properties. “In planning a development for this exceptional site, we selected Studio Gang for their commitment to thoughtful, sustainable development and to a design that both honors the history of a community and contributes to its continued evolution.”
Image Courtesy © Studio Gang
- Architects: Studio Gang
- Project: One Hundred
- Location: 100 North Kingshighway Boulevard, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Client: Mac Properties
- Engineering Team: Structural Engineering, MKA; MEP/FP Engineering, dbHMS
- Sustainability: Targeting LEED Certification
- Residential tower: 305 apartments / 36 stories / 385 ft in height
- Size: 540,369 sf, 315,440 sf residential, 5-story podium including 882 sf retail, 6,756 sf amenity space, with 23,810 sf below-ground parking (355 parking spaces), and 8,817 sf green roof
- Status: Commissioned 2015, set to begin construction in 2017, anticipated completion 2019
Thursday, January 12th, 2017
Article source: Powerhouse Company
The Bunker in Eindhoven will be redeveloped and extended with a high-rise residential tower
The Bunker, the former student centre of Eindhoven University of Technology, will receive a full renovation and will be extended with a high-rise residential tower.
Late 2015, the development combination RED Company & Being Development, along with architectural firm Powerhouse Company, won the competition for the redevelopment of The Bunker. The winning plan has been further developed in the past year in close collaboration with the Technical University and the municipality of Eindhoven.
Image Courtesy © Powerhouse Company
- Architects: Powerhouse Company
- Project: Brutalistic icon
- Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Developers: RED Company & Being Development
Thursday, January 12th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Located at the heart of the Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, China, and is just five minutes away from Macau, the project is positioned as both a tourist destination and a cultural/creative incubator for Southeast Asia. This mixed-use development features a retail ring which seamlessly links different experiences together while embracing a massive courtyard garden – the Heart of China Garden.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
Thursday, January 12th, 2017
Article source: People’s Architecture Office
In a context of emptiness, 10,000 people are housed in 600,000sqm of residential development. The River Heights Residences, approaching the size of New York City’s Rockefeller Center, are located in an undeveloped suburban plot on the outskirts of Taiyuan, China. The project is an assemblage of mini-towers that promotes urban living and achieves a ‘metropolitan’ presence in a tabula rasa environment. By privileging collective form over the individual tower, the River Heights Residences express a unified and articulated skyline of mini-towers.
Image Courtesy © People’s Architecture Office
- Architects: People’s Architecture Office
- Project: River Heights Residences
- Location: Taiyuan, China
- Client: Heights Properties Co., Ltd.
- Principals: He Zhe, James Shen, Zang Feng
- Project Architect: Zhang Minghui
- Project Team: Liu Xiujuan, Zhang Yan , Li Peiyao, Liang Shaoyi, Liu Qianqian , Lu Jing, Chen Yixuan, Wang Wei, Ren Wei, Yang Bing, Lin Tianquan, Zhang Zhen, Cai Wenxin
- Area: 600,000sqm
- Completion: 2016
Friday, December 23rd, 2016
Article source: Design Erick van Egeraat
The Erick van Egeraat office tower is part of an expressive high rise urban development, south of Amsterdam, named Zuid As. Located in the proximity of the city centre and with direct access to the urban network of public transport and highways, the project incorporates the potential of this unique location. The ambitious programming of a lively, high-density mixture of offices, housing, retail and public space, designed by nine international architects, all contribute to an exceptional development of metropolitan scale.
Image Courtesy © J Collingridge
- Architects: Design Erick van Egeraat
- Project: The Rock
- Location: Ámsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: J Collingridge, Christian Richters
Tuesday, December 20th, 2016
Article source: BOLLES+WILSON GmbH & Co. KG
The Cinnamon tower was conceived as freestanding campanile – a pin on a piazza was the concept behind the premiated competition design by BOLLES+WILSON for the existing 19th century Harbour Masters Building.
A tower was not anticipated in the competition programme, but the jury agreed that a tower anchors the public functions around the only remaining historical building to survive between the megablocks of the ‘Overseas Quarter’ master plan. The historic building would thus be more autonomous.
Image Courtesy © Christian Richters
- Architects: BOLLES+WILSON GmbH & Co. KG (Prof. Julia Bolles-Wilson, Peter L. Wilson)
- Project: Cinnamon Tower
- Location: Osakaallee 10 20457 Hamburg, Germany
- Photography: Cordelia Ewerth, Christian Richters, Mitja Schneehage and Rainer Mader
- Client: Groß & Partner
- Structural Engineering: Ingenieurbüro Abel · Gebhart GmbH & Co. KG
- Service Engineers: WINTER Beratende Ingenieure für Gebäudetechnik
- Building Physics: ITA Ingenieurgesellschaft für Technische Akustik mbH •
- Fire Protection: hhpberlin- Ingenieure für Brandschutz GmbH
- GFA: 4.250 m2
- Realisation: July 2013 – July 2015