Archive for the ‘Tower’ Category
Saturday, January 28th, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
The construction of a new flagship development, Varso by international real estate developer HB Reavis, comprising three buildings including an office tower designed by Foster + Partners, has commenced with completion scheduled for 2020. It presents a unique new hotspot for businesses, residents and tourists in the heart of Warsaw city centre.
Varso Tower, at 53 stories (310 metres) will be the tallest building in Poland offering generous, flexible modern office spaces. It will also feature an observation deck, which at 230 metres will make it one of the highest in Europe. From here building users, locals and tourists alike will be able to enjoy unique and spectacular views of Warsaw’s skyline and the metropolitan area. There will be also be a restaurant on levels 46 and 47 for visitors. A wide range of facilities and services including shops, restaurants and cafés will occupy the buildings’ ground levels. In addition, vibrant covered internal streets will be open to all throughout the year.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
Friday, January 27th, 2017
Article source: Abalo Alonso Arquitectos
Connection and accessibility between the historical city center and the coast.
Ribadeo is located in the north-west of Galicia, at the border with Asturias and edging the estuary which bears its very same name. It has some nine thousand inhabitants, most of them working at the services sector. It has a protected historical quarter, a marina and a commercial port, which is strategically located in the Cantabrian coast. Within the municipality of Ribadeo lies the Catedrales beach, whose surrounding area is the second most visited place in Galicia, following Santiago de Compostela’s Cathedral. Ribadeo is a favorite summer holiday destination not just for people from the Lugo province, but also from people from every corner of Spain.
Image Courtesy © santos diez / bisimages
- Architects: Abalo Alonso Arquitectos (Elizabeth Abalo, Gonzalo Alonso)
- Project: ACCESSIBLE RIBADEO
- Location: Ribadeo, Lugo, Spain
- Photography: santos diez / bisimages
- Carlos Bóveda, arquitecto.
- Juan A. Pérez Valcárcel, Dr. Arquitecto. Cálculo de estructuras.
- Promotion: Concello de Ribadeo. Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, Medio Rural y Marino.
- Construction: Dragados. Delegado Vicente Delgado. Jefe de obra, Antón Laxe
- Materials: Concrete, steel, stone
- Date: 2005 – 2010
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017
Article source: RUR Architecture, DPC
O-14, a 22-story tall commercial tower perched on a two-story podium, officially opened in 2011, and comprises over 300,000 square feet of office space for the Dubai Business Bay. O-14 is located along the extension of Dubai Creek, occupying a prominent location on the waterfront esplanade. With O-14, the office tower typology has been turned inside out – structure and skin have flipped to offer a new economy of tectonics and of space.
Image Courtesy © Imre Solt
- Architects: RUR Architecture, DPC
- Project: O-14 Tower
- Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Photography: Imre Solt and Nelson Garrido
- Client: Creekside Development Corporation, Dubai, UAE
- General Contractor: Dubai Contracting Company (DCC), Dubai, UAE
- Principals: Jesse Reiser + Nanako Umemoto
- Design Team: Mitsuhisa Matsunaga, Michael Overby, Jason Scroggin, Cooper Mack, Kutan Ayata, Roland Snooks
- Structural Engineer: Ysrael A. Seinuk , PC, New York, NY
- Architect of Record: Erga Progress, Dubai, UAE
- Window Wall Consultant: R.A.Heintges & Associates, New York, NY
- Lighting Concept Design: L’Observatoire International, New York, NY
- Structure: Perforated Concrete Exoskeleton
- Site Area: 34,392 sqf (3,195 sqm)
- Building Area (w/ basement parking): 300,000 sqf (27,870 sqm)
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Article source: Radionica arhitekture d.o.o.
Vukovar Water Tower was heavily damaged during Croatian War of Independence and became a symbol of war suffering.
We barely touch the Water Tower… Panoramic elevator leads us to the memorial room in place of the former water tank. In the room, on the screens, we can see documentary videos from the period of the city and Water Tower suffering. A long zig-zag path leads us to the roof, to a viewpoint from which we can see the city which is renewed. And we can see the Danube.
Image Courtesy © Radionica arhitekture d.o.o.
- Architects: Radionica arhitekture d.o.o.
- Project: WATER TOWER MEMORIAL
- Location: Vukovar, Croatia
- Software used: Autocad and SketchUp
- Project team: Fani Frković, Sara Jurinčić, Tena Knežević, Dora Krušelj, Marin Mišan, Klara Nikšić, Jelena Prokop, Goran Rako, Ana
- Ranogajec, Josip Sabolić
- Area: 1.200 m2
- Designed: 2015
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Article source: ZERAFA ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
Za’abeel Park has been designed to showcase Dubai’s status as a regional center for the development of high-technology and IT industries through a unique mix of educational and recreational facilities. The development of these facilities within a large scale garden-park setting has created a multi-faceted urban space within the city center for both residents and visitors alike. This urban idea is fundamental to the “new face of Dubai” and the future development of the city within an international context. Within this spirit, the proposed “Emblem” tower for Za’abeel Park should be expressive of the confluence of these regional ideas, energy, and culture which define the modern city with an underlying emotional reference to a more universal iconography.
Image Courtesy © ZERAFA ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
- Architects: ZERAFA ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
- Project: Ambient Tower Dubai- Thyssenkrupp
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino, V-Ray
- Client: Dubai Municipality
- Joint Venture Architect: Gregory T Waugh, AIA
- Design Team: Jason Zerafa, Joaquin Boldrini, , Pablo Zamorano, Luis E. Carmona, Katherine Moya.
- Structural Consultant: Gilsanz Murray Steficek LLP.
- Structural Design Team: Ramon Gilsanz, Jessica Mandrick
- Mechanical Consultant: Consentini
- Mechanical Design Team: Mike Maybaum, David Leo.
- Size: 7238 sm.
- Status: International Competition Proposal.
Thursday, January 19th, 2017
Article source: CAZA Architects
CAZA (Carlos Arnaiz Architects), a Brooklyn-based architecture and design firm with offices in Bogotá, Colombia; Lima, Peru; and Manila, Philippines, is pleased to announce the opening of the City Center Tower located in downtown metro Manila. With construction completed this month, the 27-story-tall mixed-use building will feature three floors of commercial retail and dining space while also serving as the corporate offices for several prominent international companies.
Image Courtesy © Frank Callaghan
- Architects: CAZA Architects
- Project: City Center Tower
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Photography: Frank Callaghan
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Article source: Orange Architects
Orange Architects wins the closed competition for Terra Project; An exclusive residential tower at the beach in Limassol, Cyprus – commissioned by Masharii & The Land.
The design for the Terra project consists of 10 luxurious apartments, on top of a double high commercial plinth – ultimately suitable for a nice club or restaurant – on the shore line of Limassol, Cyprus. With the design Orange Architects focuses on blending in an elegant and unique tower, in a recreational beach area, close to the sea and part of the holiday entertainment zone of the city.
Image Courtesy © Orange Architects
- Architects: Orange Architects
- Project: Terra project
- Location: Limassol, Cyprus
- Software used: ArchiCAD, 3dS Max
- Client: The Land
- Project management: Masharii
- Team: Patrick Meijers, Jeroen Schipper, Gloria Caiti, Kristina Jasutiene, Erika Ruiz, Elena Staskute
- Size: 1.820 m2
- Date: November 2016<
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
The groundbreaking ceremony for Oceanwide Center was held on Thursday, 8 December, marking the start of construction on one of the most pivotal urban projects in San Francisco’s recent history. Situated in the rapidly changing Transbay Area of San Francisco, close to Market Street and the financial district, this transit-oriented development is at the core of downtown San Francisco.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners / Heller Manus Architects
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Oceanwide Center
- Location: San Francisco, United States of America
- Photography: Foster + Partners Heller Manus Architects
- Client: Oceanwide Center
- Collaborating Architect: Norman Foster, Stefan Behling, David Summerfield, Michael Wurzel, Morgan Fleming, Armstrong Yakubu, Bassem Fawwaz, Michael Powers, Tillmann Lenz Piers Heath, Nathan Millar, Jens Kaarsholm, Kadri Kaldam, Jean-Francois Lemay, Simone Martin, Liam Alsop, Ignacio Amunategui, Christos Antonopoulos, Elina Christou, Andrew Dabomprez, Eva Diu, Eleonora Rosselli, Tandorn Prakobpol, Steven Ascensao, Belen Lopez Barrera, Stefano Corsi, Umberto Guareschi, Dovydas Kunsmonas, Lulu Yang, Parul Singh Jio Fish, Jose Garcia Gallardo, Karim Anwar, Quiddale O Sullivan, Radu Ionut Boeriu, Samson Simberg, Sigita Burbulyte, Miguel Munoz, Oliver Mould
- Land Use Attorney: Reuben Junius & Rose
- Structural Engineer: Magnusson klemencic Associates
- Mechanical Engineers:
- Foster + Partners
- Taylor Engineering
- Engineering Enterprise
- Civil Engineer: BKF
- Landscape Consultant: Gustafson Guthrie Nichols
- Façade Consultant: Heintges & Associates
- Acoustic consultant: Wilson Ihrig
Friday, January 13th, 2017
Article source: Studio Gang
Studio Gang announces their design for One Hundred, a new tower at 100 North Kingshighway Boulevard in St. Louis, Missouri, for Mac Properties. The design, which will be unveiled in a public meeting in St. Louis on Monday, December 12, proposes an architecturally significant apartment tower at the northeast corner of Kingshighway Boulevard and West Pine Boulevard in the Central West End neighborhood.
“The Central West End is an extraordinary, architecturally rich neighborhood that has evolved over many decades,” said Eli Ungar, Founder of Mac Properties. “In planning a development for this exceptional site, we selected Studio Gang for their commitment to thoughtful, sustainable development and to a design that both honors the history of a community and contributes to its continued evolution.”
Image Courtesy © Studio Gang
- Architects: Studio Gang
- Project: One Hundred
- Location: 100 North Kingshighway Boulevard, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Client: Mac Properties
- Engineering Team: Structural Engineering, MKA; MEP/FP Engineering, dbHMS
- Sustainability: Targeting LEED Certification
- Residential tower: 305 apartments / 36 stories / 385 ft in height
- Size: 540,369 sf, 315,440 sf residential, 5-story podium including 882 sf retail, 6,756 sf amenity space, with 23,810 sf below-ground parking (355 parking spaces), and 8,817 sf green roof
- Status: Commissioned 2015, set to begin construction in 2017, anticipated completion 2019
Thursday, January 12th, 2017
Article source: Powerhouse Company
The Bunker in Eindhoven will be redeveloped and extended with a high-rise residential tower
The Bunker, the former student centre of Eindhoven University of Technology, will receive a full renovation and will be extended with a high-rise residential tower.
Late 2015, the development combination RED Company & Being Development, along with architectural firm Powerhouse Company, won the competition for the redevelopment of The Bunker. The winning plan has been further developed in the past year in close collaboration with the Technical University and the municipality of Eindhoven.
Image Courtesy © Powerhouse Company
- Architects: Powerhouse Company
- Project: Brutalistic icon
- Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Developers: RED Company & Being Development