Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Friday, August 26th, 2011
Article source: Maxwan
The idea of preservation of the site is less about the buildings themselves and more about the preservation of the programs in the buildings. The spaces are designed to allow users to see first hand the work of the craftsmen and women, in terms of the actual crafts, the process of making the goods, and the application of the materials as surface materials in public space.
- Architect: Maxwan
- Name of Project: Fez Remix
- Location: Fez, Morocco
Thursday, August 25th, 2011
Article source: Wendy W Fok Architect
(RE)Configured-Assemblage is a developmental landmark proposal composed of reconfigured traces of shipping containers, through diligently reconnecting, revitalising, and humanizing the accessibility of the City of Long Beach, Long Beach Blvd and Broadway Area. Through proposing three types of innovatively reconstructed modular shipping containers, the overall construct leads to open courtyards, interlocking units, and playfully generated programs that introduce a new innovative topological design that regenerates and reconnects the community.
Render Interior 01
- Architects: Wendy W Fok Architect
- Project: (RE)Configured-Assemblage
- Location: Long Beach, CA
- Software used: Rhino 3D / Panelling Tools / Grasshopper. Renderer Vray.
Friday, August 5th, 2011
Article source: ART+COM AG
Interplay between virtual and real motion
Clearly visible from outside behind the glass facade, the grasp pendulum also provides a thematic introduction to the exhibition on human motor functions in the Medical Technology Science Center. The eight-metre high installation visualises the quality and complexity of grasping. It consists of three pendulum arms suspended in parallel, each of which carries 12 inward and outward-facing monitors. The screens show virtual hands, which interact with each other from one screen to another.
Grasp Pendulum (Images Courtesy ART+COM AG)
- Architect: ART+COM AG
- Name of Project: Grasp Pendulum
- Client: Otto Bock Healthcare GmbH
- Images credit: ART+COM AG
- Choreography and Live Tracking: The Product
- Technical Execution: MKT AG
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011
Article source: HOLDUP
After a fortuitous sky fall, SOUFFLE landed within Trésoriers de France’s courtyard. The impact between that alien object and the “exhibition space” broke the local stability and equilibrium.
Any person suited to tame the installation will be granted a privileged access to a refuge within, half way between a confessional booth and a teleportation box.
Images Courtesy Juliette "TheJudge" Vuillard
- Architect: HOLDUP
- Name of Project: Souffle
- Location: Montpellier, France
- Design Team: Guillaume Jounet + Remy Bardin
- Event: Festival des Architectures Vives
- Photographs: Juliette “TheJudge” Vuillard
Sunday, July 31st, 2011
Article source: Frederico Valsassina Arquitectos
The general operation is the modernization of Alcântara’s Domestic Wastewater Treatment Station. Because of the environmental preservation, it was indispensable the creation of a cover for this big equipment. The program had also foreseen two service buildings, to be located at the side of the Station: one to control the Station, another to serve as headquarters to the responsible public company.
Cover for Alcantara Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Architects: Frederico Valsassina/ Aires Mateus e Associados
- Project: Cover for Alcantara Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Location: Parque Alcantara, Lisboa
- Project Year: 2006
- Conclusion Year: 2011
- Site Area: 27.951m2
- Co-Workers: Jorge Silva, João Esteves, Elisa Laval, Humberto Fonseca, Inês Cordovil, Duarte Madrugo
- Landscape Architecture: Proap
Friday, July 29th, 2011
Article source: Jakob + MacFarlane
La Ville Intelligente : architecture and scenography
“In front of La Geode, an ephemeral structure as designed by the architects Jakob + MacFarlane, hellodemain presents the technologies which will be supporting our cities tomorrow. Enter and project yourself into a welcoming city that interacts with its inhabitants, via new media, communications and mouvements…”
Images Courtesy Jakob+MacFarlane - 11h45 photographer
- Architects: Jakob + MacFarlane
- Name of Project: La Ville Intelligente
- Location: Parc de la Villette, Paris, France
- Type: Exhibition architecture and scenography
- Photographer: © Jakob+MacFarlane – Nicolas Borel photographer, © Jakob+MacFarlane – 11h45 photographer, © Jakob+MacFarlane
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011
Article source: Ball-Nogues Studio
Each fall High Desert Test Sites (http://www.highdeserttestsites.com) invites artists to create experimental projects adjacent to California’s Joshua Tree National Park. This year HDTS invited Ball Nogues Studio (http://www.ball-nogues.com) to create a structure in a remote region of the Mojave Desert. This presents a unique opportunity to draw upon an unfettered landscape at a grand scale. Expanding on theories developed by earthwork artists, our project, entitled Yucca Crater (working title),will re-imagine these concepts through new methods of production linked to our cross-disciplinary artistic, architectural, design and fabrication practice.
Yucca Crater (Image Courtesy Ball-Nogues Studio)
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011
Article source: Zalewski Architecture Group
Deep wells are technical objects that comprise equipment used for extraction of water at a depth of 200 (and more) meters below the surface and provide its transmission to the water supply system. Usually they are built of ready metal or concrete containers without paying too much attention to the relation with the environment.
Wednesday, July 6th, 2011
Article source: ctrl+n arkitektur
In order to engage the youth of today with art and cultural exhibits we first have to take ourselves back to those times and understand what it was that captured our imaginations or what in fact disengaged us with our cultural surroundings and opportunities. in order to attract teenagers to art, they themselves must feel part of the creative process. We are all guilty of, at times, only half acknowledging our surroundings. self involvement with our immediate context allows our minds to absorb and expand.
Images Courtesy ctrl+n arkitektur
- Architect: ctrl+n arkitektur
- Project name: we made this
- Project status: in progress
- Image credit: ctrl+n arkitektur
- Project team: johnathon lloyd little – arkitekt, prosjektleder, erik brett Jacobsen – arkitekt, formgiver, torger wendelbo – arkitekt, tone emblemsvåg - visuell kunstner / kommunikasjonsrådgiver, maren wedøe – dansekunstner / koreograf
Friday, July 1st, 2011
Aviation Station, City Center Senior Apartments, TLofts and Unical Aviation are Winners
June was “sweeps” month for Withee Malcolm Architects as the firm garnered awards in three recognized programs — The Los Angeles Business Council Architectural Awards, the Industry Manufacturers Council Beautification Award, and the Gold Nuggets awards — for a diverse mix of projects that includes live/work lofts, industrial and office space, mixed-use, multifamily housing and affordable senior apartments.
Aviation Station TOD Wins PCBC Gold Nugget
- Architects: Withee Malcolm Architects