Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Friday, October 7th, 2011
Article source: Kieran Donnellan
‘Chapel’ Student Workshop Description:
This project was built as part of the student event MEDS, Meeting of European Design Students, during a two week period in August 2011 by a team of 18 students. This team was led by tutors Kieran Donnellan, Darragh Breathnach and Paul O’Brien. The concept for the pavilion involved the exploration of spatial concepts relating to religious typologies from the Western and Eastern cultures that have shaped Istanbul. This was in response to the event theme of ‘Bridging Cultures’. The name of the project is inspired by its origins in religious typologies, but the intention was simply to create a space that offers repose.
Beach (Images Courtesy Chapel Workshop Team)
- Architect: BREATHNACH DONNELLAN O’BRIEN + MEDS
- Name of Project: Chapel Student Workshop, MEDS 2011, Istanbul
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Credits: Breathnach Donnellan O’Brien with MEDS Participants
- Year: August, 2011.
- Area: 6m2
- Photo Credits: Chapel Workshop Team – (Kieran Donnellan, Jirayr Iskenian, Lana Petrak and Paul O’Brien)
- Software used: Student edition of AutoCad and a basic elements version of Photoshop
Friday, October 7th, 2011
Article source: Sau Taller d’Arquitectura
This Train Store in Ribes de Freser (Girona, Spain), was conceived in order to solve the climatic problems of the station and to shelter the railrack trains from the vandalism. With this aim this big and diaphanous volume was realized.
Exterior View - Photo by Albert Camps Pla.
- Architect: Lluís Jordà Sala – Sau Taller d’Arquitectura
- Name of Project: Train Store in Ribes de Freser
- Location: Ribes de Freser, Girona, Spain
- Year: 2006-2009
- Surface: 1300m2
- Budget: 1.310.000 euros
- Photos: Albert Camps Pla.
Sunday, September 25th, 2011
Article source: Chris Collaris Design
Exhibition stand Rising Dragon Tech
Pool Spa Patio Expo, Las Vegas (USA), November 2011
In November 2011 the Pool Spa Patio Expo will take place in Mandalay Bay Convention Center Las Vegas, Nevada (USA). Pool Spa Patio Expo is an international leading trade exhibition for pool/spa builders/installers, retailers, service companies, designers and landscape architects. Over 400 exhibitors will participate in the trade exhibition.
- Architect: Chris Collaris Design
- Name of Project: Exhibition stand Rising Dragon Tech
- Location: Pool Spa Patio Expo, Las Vegas, USA
- Year: November 2011
- Budget: Undisclosed
- Floor area: 74 m2
- Client: Rising Dragon Tech China
Sunday, September 18th, 2011
Article source: Tom Wiscombe
This proposal is based on creating a complex visual oscillation between two and three dimensional realms. Somewhere between the disciplines of sculpture and painting, the piece registers as a mass but also as a graphic. Loopy, spotted patterns flow over manifold surfaces, simultaneously dissolving the mass and re-establishing it. Transparent zones allow people to view deep inside the object, their gaze pulled into involutions in interior surfaces. They can see the inside of the mass-painting.
- Architects: Emergent Tom Wiscombe
- Project: ARTIC Mass-Painting
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Client: City of Anaheim Dept. of Public Works
- Design Team: Tom Wiscombe, Robbie Eleazer, Mitch Rocheleau, Mo Harmon
- Art Consultant: Rebecca O’Leary
- Type: Public Art
Thursday, September 15th, 2011
Article source: Alexander Cotterill
The Traders’ Commune envisages a society of total self-sufficiency that aims to embrace and regenerate the surrounding area. In reaction to the current economic climate and deterioration of outer cities, the project acts as a critique of the development and decline of a failed planning model in Brighton’s suburbia.
The Traders' Commune
- Architect: Alexander Cotterill
- Name of Project: The Traders’ Commune
- Location: Moulsecoomb, Brighton, UK
- Software used: Cinema 4D and Photoshop
Wednesday, September 7th, 2011
Article source: Studio Elmo Vermijs
The foldingsauna combines a trailer wagon, tent trailer and sauna. It serves as a mobile sauna and can be placed on every desired location; a (public) park, square, (private) garden, the street etc. When the foldingsauna is set up, a maximum of six persons at the time can enjoy a sauna-session.
- Architects: Studio Elmo Vermijs
- Project: Folding Sauna
- Year: 2011
- Material: wood, metal, aluminium, felt, canvas
- Dimensions: 2,5m x 1,5m x 3m
Thursday, September 1st, 2011
Article source: Ghigos Ideas & LOGh
After Fast Architecture “Ghigos Ideas” and “LOGh” are back to design an ecological and sustainable architecture, together with the students of the Interior Design course at the Politecnico di Milano. The disposal of plastic bags becomes the opportunity to complete and bring life to an unfinished public building in Ameno (Novara, Italy) during “STUDI APERTI Arts festival”.
Main View (Image Courtesy Ghigos Ideas)
- Architects: Ghigos Ideas & LOGh
- Project: Mausoleo della Famiglia Sacchetti
- Location: Ameno (NO) Italy
- Year: july 2011
- Project Credits: Ghigos Ideas and Logh with students of Politecnico di Milano, Campus of Mantua
- Image Credits: Ghigos Ideas
Wednesday, August 31st, 2011
Article source: Studio Daniel Libeskind
The tragic story of the M.S. St. Louis, a ship carrying Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany that the Canadian government turned away in 1939, is represented by The Wheel of Conscience. The wheel is driven by gears – symbolic of the gears of a ship’s engine and the gears of a cynical bureaucracy. On the rim of the large wheel is the description of the tragedy of the M.S. St. Louis. It is surrounded by the map of the world displaying the ship’s route on the cylinder. On the reverse side of the memorial are etched in the metal the names of all the passengers.
Images Courtesy SDL
- Architect: Studio Daniel Libeskind
- Name of Project: Wheel Of Conscience
- Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Completion: 2011
- Opening: January 20th, 2011
- Photo Credits: (c) SDL, (c) Brian Melcher
Friday, August 26th, 2011
Article source: Maxwan
The idea of preservation of the site is less about the buildings themselves and more about the preservation of the programs in the buildings. The spaces are designed to allow users to see first hand the work of the craftsmen and women, in terms of the actual crafts, the process of making the goods, and the application of the materials as surface materials in public space.
- Architect: Maxwan
- Name of Project: Fez Remix
- Location: Fez, Morocco
Thursday, August 25th, 2011
Article source: Wendy W Fok Architect
(RE)Configured-Assemblage is a developmental landmark proposal composed of reconfigured traces of shipping containers, through diligently reconnecting, revitalising, and humanizing the accessibility of the City of Long Beach, Long Beach Blvd and Broadway Area. Through proposing three types of innovatively reconstructed modular shipping containers, the overall construct leads to open courtyards, interlocking units, and playfully generated programs that introduce a new innovative topological design that regenerates and reconnects the community.
Render Interior 01
- Architects: Wendy W Fok Architect
- Project: (RE)Configured-Assemblage
- Location: Long Beach, CA
- Software used: Rhino 3D / Panelling Tools / Grasshopper. Renderer Vray.