Archive for the ‘University Building’ Category
Thursday, January 7th, 2016
Article source: ZAS ARCHITECTS + INTERIORS
Setting benchmarks worldwide for engineering education, The Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence re-thinks campus hierarchy to foster modern ways of learning. Resulting from an intensive design process between ZAS Architects, The Lassonde School of Engineering, and York University, the world-class facility challenges past models with a modern approach rooted in student learning and empowerment.
Image Courtesy © Doublespace Photography
- Architects: ZAS ARCHITECTS + INTERIORS
- Project: THE BERGERON CENTRE FOR ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE
- Location: YORK UNIVERSITY KEELE CAMPUS,TORONTO, CANADA
- CLIENT: YORK UNIVERSITY, LASSONDE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- ENGINEERING: ARUP CANADA
- FACADE ENGINEERING: BLACKWELL BOWICK PARTNERSHIP LTD.
- MATHEMATICAL FACADE PATTERN RESOLUTION: MESH CONSULTANTS
- LANDSCAPE: SCOTT TORRANCE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT INC.
- CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT: LAING O’ROURKE CANADA LTD & GILLAM GROUP INC
- SIZE: 170,000 SQ FT (15,800 M2)
- CONSTRUCTION BUDGET (CAD): $63 MILLION (BUILDING) $ 6 MILLION (SITE DEVELOPMENT)
- COMPLETED: SEPTEMBER 2015/ FULLY COMPLETE SPRING 2016
- Photography: Doublespace
- Software used: Revit 2013, Rhino v5, Grasshopper v1, 3DS Max 2014, Solidworks 2014, ETABS 2013
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015
Article source: S3 Schmidt Arquitectos
The building arose as the materialisation of the Campus Creativo educational project developed by a group of academics from the Andrés Bello University. It is based on promoting the interaction between different related fields of the artistic matrix, promoting programmatic crossing and teamwork and pertaining to a contemporary collaborative environment.
Image Courtesy © Aryeh Kornfelp, Bruno Gilberto
- Architects: S3 Schmidt Arquitectos, Horacio Schmidt Cortes, Horacio Schmidt Radic, Martin Schmidt Radic
- Project: Creative Campus
- Location: Purísima 285B Recoleta Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Aryeh Kornfelp, Bruno Gilberto
- Chief Architect: Nicolas Norero
- Architects Partners: Lina Rojas
- Area constructed: 9500M2
- Constructor: Bravo e Izquierdo
- House refurbishment: Astudillo Construction Company
- Calculations: Sergio Contreras
- Facades: Hunter Douglas
- Site area: 4980M2
- Built area: 8,000 m2
- Design and construction year: 2014/2015
Thursday, December 10th, 2015
Article source: TVA Architects
The Matthew Knight Arena is located to form a new east gateway to the University of Oregon campus. Providing a first impression of the University’s distinct identity, the building exemplifies the core values of progressive thinking, education and environmental stewardship of the institution. TVA Architects worked with the State of Oregon SEED program to achieve a 20 percent energy reduction below code for both the Arena and the adjacent Alumni Center.
Image Courtesy © TVA Architects
- Architects: TVA Architects
- Project: Matthew Knight Arena
- Location: Oregon, US
Sunday, November 15th, 2015
Article source: Ector Hoogstad Architecten
The new education centre for the faculties of Science, Geosciences and Biomedical Sciences at Utrecht University, designed by Ector Hoogstad Architecten, has opened its doors. This building, named after Victor J. Koningsberger, forms part of an education cluster in the northwest corner of the university campus that will make the university a more attractive place for students, teaching staff and researchers by offering them an inspiring and well-equipped work environment and meeting place. The laboratories, lecture theatres and study landscapes provided within the building are already very well used.
Image Courtesy © Petra Appelhof
- Architects: Ector Hoogstad Architecten
- Project: Koningsberger building for Utrecht University
- Location: Boedapestlaan 4, 2584 CD Utrecht, Netherlands
- Photography: Petra Appelhof
- Software used: Revit, Autocad
- Client: Utrecht University
- Project team: Joost Ector, Max Pape, Lennaert van Capelleveen, Gijs Weijnen, Laurence van Benthem, Ester Bezem, Carlo van Gulik, Hetty Mommersteeg, Ralph Noordhoek, Moritz Prophet, Cornelia Sailer, Sander Timmermans, Elisabeth Tukker, Nejra Vaizovic, Laurens Veth
- Construction management: Utrecht University
- Project management: Stevens Van Dijck
- M&E consultant: Valstar Simonis
- Structural engineers: Pieters Bouwtechniek (more…)
Sunday, September 27th, 2015
Article source: NAPUR Architect Kft
“A world-level development was implemented in 2015 on the Kassai út campus of Debrecen University within the scope of the project entitled “Super Computing (HPC) in Higher Education”, as a result of collaboration between the National Information Infrastructure Development Institute (NIIFI) and the Debrecen University Faculties.
Image Courtesy © Tamas Bujnovszky
- Architects: NAPUR Architect Kft
- Project: Super computer centre
- Location: HU Kassai street, Campus, Debrecen, Hungary
- Photography: Tamas Bujnovszky
- Software used: Archicad 18
- General plan:
- Architect: FERENCZ, Marcel DLA
- Co-architect: DETARI, Gyorgy
- Engineering: POROSZ, Géza
- Building: NADÉP Kft.
- Interior: Banktrade Banktechnika Kft.
- Computer: Inter-Computer-Informatika Számítástechnikai Kft.
- Client: University of DEBRECEN, National Information Infrastructure Development Institute
- Official Number of the project: TIOP-1.3.2-13/1-2013-0001 és ED_13-1-2013-004
- Net. building area: 400 sqm
- Total cost: 650 000 000 EURO
- Accomplished: 2015 July
Friday, June 19th, 2015
Article source: Echeverría y Celis
The project development has combined various goals, such as maintaining the pre-existing building through the introduction of a complex functional program within a given volume.
Image Courtesy © Echeverría y Celis
- Architects: Echeverría y Celis, Ernesto Echeverría, Flavio Celis, (architects)
- Project: Learning and Research Center (LRC), University of Alcalá
- Location: Plaza de San Diego, s/n, Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, Spain
- Client: University of Alcalá (UAH)
- Execution of the Works management: Ignacio Delgado Conde, Juan Manuel Vega Ballesteros, (building engineers).
- Area: 11.455 m2
- Execution dates: 12 June 2012 – 28 March 2014
- Budget: 13.054.000 Euros
Saturday, May 9th, 2015
Article source: Gerber Architekten
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum’s IC-Complex has undergone a two-year process of refurbishment, and is now a state-of-the-art research building. This complex of buildings now provides a space where around 5,000 students and scientists can study and research in a harmonious architectural environment that is technologically equipped to a high standard, and is ideally suited to its function.
The freshly renovated IC-Complex of Ruhr-University Bochum, Image Courtesy © Hans-Jürgen Landes
- Architects: Gerber Architekten
- Project: IC – Ruhr-Universität in Bochum
- Location: Bochum, Germany
- Photography: Hans-Jürgen Landes
- Design: 06/2009 – 02/2011
- Construction: 08/2011 – 09/2013
- Completion: 09/2013
- GFA: 52.300 m2
- Building costs: 80 million Euro
Thursday, February 12th, 2015
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
With its triangular shape, Campus Kolding of University of Southern Denmark will create a significant new landmark in Kolding.
As the new learning centre of excellence, Kolding Campus will house the courses in communications, design, culture and languages of the University of Southern Denmark. The building is located on the Grønborg grounds in the centre of Kolding close to the harbour, station and scenic attraction of the river. Kolding Campus will create a new central plaza by Kolding River and will thereby form a close interaction with the other educational institutions of the town, Kolding Design School and International Business College Kolding. The shape and facades of the building create a powerful dialogue between the inner life of the building and the outside observer.
Image Courtesy © Martin Schubert
- Architects: Henning Larsen Architects
- Project: Kolding Campus
- Location: Kolding, Denmark
- Photography: Martin Schubert, Jens Lindhe
- Landscape Architect:Kristine Jensens Tegnestue
- Client:The Danish University and Property Agency
- Engineers: Orbicon
- Type of assignment:First prize in international competition, 2008
- Gross floor area:13,700 m2
- Year of construction: 2012 – 2014
Saturday, February 7th, 2015
Article source: Pedro Reis Architect
A serene and integrated learning experience within the dynamic life of a sports campus.
Located on the outskirts of the ancient village of Melgaço, on the northern border between Portugal and Spain, the new Sports University Building offers a serene and integrated learning atmosphere within the dynamic nature of a sports campus.
Image Courtesy © José Campos
- Architects: Pedro Reis Architect
- Project: Melgaço Sports School Monte Prado
- Location: Melgaço, Viana do Castelo, Portugal
- Photography: José Campos
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Câmara Munícipal de Melgaço – Melgaço Municipality
- Collaboration: Nicola Tuan, Elisa Pegorin, Luis Ribeiro, Isabel Azevedo, Tiago Tomas, Ricardo Lima
- Project: 2009-2011
- Construction: 2011-2014
- Structural Engeneering: ARA – Alves Rodrigues & Associados, Lda
- Specialist consultants: ACRIBIA – Projectos e Desenho Técnico, Lda
- Landscape design: Global2 – Inês Norton
- Gross floor area: 5050 m2
Wednesday, February 4th, 2015
Article source: Hi-Tech Outsourcing Services
The team created information rich intelligent BIM with LOD 500, to support faster collaboration and enable the client to gain control over the project right from construction to facility management phase.
Image Courtesy © Hi-Tech Outsourcing Services
- Architects: Hi-Tech Outsourcing Services
- Project: BIM for University Hospital Building
- Software used:
- Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013
- Autodesk Revit Structure 2013
- Autodesk Revit MEP 2013
- Autodesk NavisWorks 2013