Archive for the ‘V-Ray’ Category
Friday, June 24th, 2011
Article source: Kubota & Bachmann Architects
Joenniemi Manor Renaissance
The Joenniemi Manor was built in 1935 by the architect Jarl Eklund. The floor plan and design of the building point to the clear influence of Functionalism and English country house architecture.The park and formal garden featuring geometric landscape elements are designed by Paul Olsson in the same year. At that time, this style of landscape was unique in the Mänttä village community. The Joenniemi Manor and its garden are symbols of the architecture in the early 20th century and express the cultural awareness in Finland’s rural surroundings.
- Architect: Kubota & Bachmann Architects
- Name of Project: Serlachius Museum Gosta Extension
- Location: Mänttä, Finland
- Software used: Rhino, 3dsmax (v-ray), Vue D’esprit
Sunday, June 12th, 2011
Article source: Zellnerplus Architect
This is a competition entry for a major public space in Cairo, Egypt. It is intended as a catalyst and model for the ongoing redevelopment of Greater Cairo. The Ataba and Opera Square areas combined with the Azbakiyya Gardens collectively form a 100,000+ square meter urban figure that sits at the threshold between the old, medieval city of the Fatimid Caliphs and the modern Cairene city founded by Khedive Ismail in the 19th century. This was the setting for the competition, which called for an urban plan, infrastructureimprovements, landscape architecture, garden design as well as large scale architectural solutions.
South West View
- Architects: Zellnerplus Architect
- Project: Ataba & Opera Squares Competition Proposal
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- ZELLNERPLUS / Culver City, California: Asaf Dali, Ingrid Dennert, Rob Lisauskas, Scott Plante, Nathaniel Moore, Seth Weiner, Peter Zellner (Principal)
- Software used: AutoCad , Rhino, V-Ray, Adobe CS
Saturday, June 11th, 2011
Article source: Dumdum Design
Loft 3108 adventure started on the web (viadeo) thanks to an advert : ” I’m ready to buy a workshop and would like to change it into a loft. I look for somebody to help me in this project, just to confirm my choice or give another proposition and imagine what the factory could become after rehabilitation. “Greetings M
Loft 3108, Interior View
- Architects: Dumdum Design
- Project: Loft 3108
- Location: Arve, France
- Software used: Vectorworks and Sketchup + Vray
Friday, June 10th, 2011
Article source: 24º Studio
Many masters of Russian cinema, from the introduction of Lumière Brothers to Russia, then Vertov, Eisenstien, Tarkovsky and Sokurov to name a few, have provided us with unimaginable vision of how our world can be seen from a different perspective. Through their evolving art of cinema, not only do its visuals stimulate us but furthermore, our subconscious creates a deeper imagination to the contents we literally experience. Cinema world allows us to explore the unknown territory that cannot be experienced in the reality.
- Architects: 24º Studio
- Project: Fog Cinema
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Project Team: Fumio Hirakawa, Partner, Marina Topunova, Partner
- Software used: Combination of Rhino and Maya for 3D modeling and rendered with Vray and Maxwell
Saturday, June 4th, 2011
Article source: Suppose design office
The house in Fukuyama is standing at rising of a brae. where it has a panoramic view of Fukuyama city. The client wanted their house to open to the great view of the city, and on the same time, to close from surroundings for privacy. For the two opposite requests, we designed the house considering a form of the site and its material use. Because the site was placed at lower level of a street, all rooms were put at the level to block neighbors eyes, and at the opposite side, it is fully open to the Fukuyama city.
- Architect: Suppose design office
- Name of Project: House in Fukuyama
- Location: Fukuyama, Japan
- Software used: CAD – Vectorworks, AutoCAD; CG – lightwave, sketchup, Vray; Other : Photoshop, Illustrator
Saturday, May 28th, 2011
Article source: Urban Recycle Architecture.Studio
Brazil office wins Copa Arquitectura Contest
“Football is one of the best vehicles for social change (not to mention it’s fun to play). As fans of social change AND fun, Architecture for Humanity, Nike, and Fu.De (Football for Development) have teamed up to host a design competition for a prototype football, education, and health center for Liga FOS a project that promotes social development through sport in vulnerable Buenos Aires suburbs.”
- Architect: Urban Recycle Architecture Studio
- Name of Project: Winner project from Copa Arquitectura 2011
- Location: Moreno, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Project Team: Diego Viana Gomes, Juliana Meira Araujo Aguiar, Saul Kaminsky Bernfeld Oliveira
- Contractor: Architecture for Humanity
- Project Area: 2543.22 sqm
- Project Year: 2011
- Renders: Urban Media
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup with vray (last edition), Photoshop CS 4 and ‘Molesquine” rsss
Saturday, May 28th, 2011
INFLATABLE is one of five winning projects announced for the 2011 DawnTown Miami Floating Stage Competition. The annual architecture ideas competition seeks to bring creative, innovative, and inspiring new solutions to Downtown Miami and to the City of Miami at large.
- Architects: PinkCloud.DK
- Project: Inflatable
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Architect Design: Leon Lai + Eric Tan
- Software used: 3D Studio Max 2011 with VRAY to render
Sunday, May 22nd, 2011
Kuggen is nestled in among Lindholmen’s big office buildings, like a colorful blossom surrounded by gray leaves. Its form and color are not immediately revealed. The round building looks different from every direction. The upper floors project out over the lower—more on the south side than on the north, so that the building partially shades itself when the sun is high in the sky. A rotating screen shades the top floors, following the sun’s path around the building. These details change the building’s character from one side to another, and over the course of the day. Finally, its brocade of glazed terracotta panels takes on different appearances depending on our viewing angle and the changing daylight conditions.
- Architects: Wingårdh Arkitektkontor
- Project: Kuggen
- Location: Lindholmsplatsen, Göteborg, Sweden
- Architect Team: Wingårdh Arkitektkontor AB thru, Gert Wingårdh, Jonas Edblad, Charlotte Erdegard and Danuta Nielsen
- Software used: Autocad is the main project software and the software used for 3d renderings is 3DSMAX and rendered with V-ray.
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011
The new Andrea Palladio Building Center is made of a structural skin evoking nature, like tree branches that by weaving themselves create a dynamic façade made of steel and glass. The arches on the ground floor evoke the architecture of the Renaissance, and suggest the idea of an ethical and emotional architecture. Steel and glass together, combined as something organic and dynamic, allow the building to be in harmony with the context. The shielding front is made of mirror glass panels with a thickness of 10 mm. They have the double function of reflecting the natural environment and protecting the building from the sun. The glazed turbots, generated by the external structure, and the plastic tubes that pervade the entire building have been designed in order to enable the sectors to obtain an adequate level of lighting comfort.
Nuova Sede Centro Edile Andrea Palladio
- Architects: OFL Architecture
- Project: Nuova Sede Centro Edile Andrea Palladio
- Location: Vicenza, Italy
- Project Design: Francesco Lipari
- Project Team: Francesco Lipari, Vanessa Todaro, Pierpaolo Pugliano, Gianni Esposito
- Timing: design 2009
- Software used: Rendered with Vray and modeled with Rhino+3dsmax
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011
The proposal is seeking opportunities of historical train track pattern as the starting planning base. A leaf like spin channels through the site, which gives a distinctive identity of its urban planning system. The proposal also exemplifies some essential aspects of sustainable urban planning. This includes an integrated mix use community that encompasses living, working and leisure within a compact city form and is complemented with a balance of civic and natural spaces.
- Architect: Maxthreads Architectural Design and Visuals
- The project proposal title: Infiltrated Cultural and Ecological Urbanism
- Location: Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Host of the competition: Urban Development Bureau, Kaohsiung City Government, Chinese Institute of Interior and Architectural Design
- The design proposal for: Kaohsiung Port Station Urban Design competition final stage imagery.
- Design Brief: Kaohsiung existing city plan is an infrastructure- led gridded planning. And the resulting cohesive network of road system and block green spaces. Kaohsiung port station/ The railway site lies on the edge of the Kaohsiung city, alone the Wan shu mountain.
- Software used: 3ds max and vray