Archive for the ‘V-Ray’ Category
Wednesday, November 30th, 2016
Article source: v2com
URBANLOGIC (Hong Kong and Berlin) have been named a winner in the annual AAP American Architecture Prize, which recognises the most outstanding architecture worldwide.
The AAP American Architecture Prize honours exceptional designs across three disciplines: architectural design, interior design, and landscape architecture.
East Elevation With Main Entrance, Image Courtesy © Hui Jun Wang, Yuan-Sheng Chen, Florian Pucher, Milan Svatek, Christian Junge
- Architects: URBANLOGIC Ltd
- Project: Arts Factory and Innovation Center
- Location: Mianzhu, Deyang, Sichuan Province, P.R. China
- Photography: Hui Jun Wang, Yuan-Sheng Chen, Florian Pucher, Milan Svatek, Christian Junge
- Software used: 3dS Max and V-Ray
- Client: RHR Sichuan Pristine Glass Co. Ltd, Chengdu
- Project team: Christian Junge (project director), Hui Jun Wang, Yuan-Sheng Chen, Florian Pucher, Milan Svatek
- Collaboration: C-Office, Zhongxu Architectural Design Co. Ltd, Beijing
- Site area: 57.000 m2
- Gross Floor Area: 40.000 m2
- Project status: Planning permission granted in 10/2015; currently preparing construction
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016
Article source: Joel Jospe – Architects
When I first saw the lot, the steep slope overlooking the Jerusalem neighborhood of Ein Karem, I wanted to do one thing only – to keep walking forward, hover in the air above the canyon, quietly observing the landscape visible in every direction. This was the primary motivation during planning. I did not give up this desire, or the opportunity inherent in it, and have given it to the owners.
Image Courtesy © Joel Jospe – Architects
- Architects: Joel Jospe – Architects
- Project: Between Land and Sky home
- Location: Beit Zayit, Israel
- Software used: Autocad, 3d max + vray, SketchUp, Photoshop
Thursday, October 20th, 2016
Article source: WE architecture
Roskilde Campus is a new educational area for 1500 students within the fields of marketing, IT, and food engineering. The total project is 10.000m2 which includes renovation as well as 4000m2 new build. The new building contains educational areas, classrooms, canteen, production kitchen and administration.
The Campus will host various fields of education and the development of the project has taken a clear starting point in the needs of the individual fields of education. Three main concepts have been essential in the design process, “Community”, “Respect” and “Durability”.
Image Courtesy © WE architecture + Friis & Moltke
- Architects: WE architecture + Friis & Moltke
- Project: Erhvervsakademi Sjælland – Roskilde Campus
- Location: Roskilde, Denmark
- Software used: Rhino 3D using V-ray, Rhino (2D), Illustrator, Photoshop
- Client: Erhvervsakademiet Sjælland
- Engineers: Alectia
- Contractor: H. Skjøde Knudsen
- Team: Marc Jay, Julie Schmidt-Nielsen, Morten Breinholt Christensen, Kasper Munk, Corrado Galasso, Alexandra Ramos, Laura Ravier, Simon Skriver, Xinyuan Lin
- Size: 10.000 m2 restorations and 4000 m2 new building construction
- Budget: 172 million DKK
- Assignment: Invited competition / 1st Prize
- Status: Winner of competition, ongoing
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Article source: Estúdio Amatam
The KALORIAS brand was in a period of rejuvenation. Based on this invigorating impetus, we were proposed the transformation of an old retail store into the new KALORIAS Club unit embed in the new brand concept. It should not be just another gym, however the development of a new image and unique identity able to be replicable in future clubs.
Reception area, Image Courtesy © Invisible Gentleman
Friday, September 9th, 2016
Article source: abSketches
We were commissioned to develop renderings to help facilitate design and pre-sales for an event space in York, PA. abSketches also, through renderings, articulated design and architecture for our client. We worked first hand with the client and their in house construction team to develop design intent and direction. With the help of our renderings, Wyndridge Farms was able to reserve events for 2 years out prior to breaking ground.
Image Courtesy © abSketches
- Architects: abSketches
- Project: Wyndridge Farms
- Location: Pennsylvania, USA
- Software used: Sketchup, 3DS Max, Vray, Photoshop
Thursday, August 25th, 2016
Article source: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
For Bangkok, or any other modern-day cosmopolitan cities, living conditions and spatial form continue to evolve. Bangkokians are now yearning for new possibilities of outdoor living space that can effectively answer to the tropical heat and its dense living condition where there is not much space for the outdoor. ‘The Commons’, a small retail development in the city center, is an attempt to create a new active outdoor space where people can comfortably enjoy it at anytime of the year.
The floating mass of the 3rd and 4th floor provides shading and rain protection to almost an entire semi-outdoor space underneath, Image Courtesy © W Workspace, Ketsiree Wongwan
- Architects: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
- Project: The Commons
- Location: Thonglor 17, Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: W Workspace, Ketsiree Wongwan
- Software used: Rhino for mass study with Vray, 3DMax+Vray and AutoCAD
- Owner: The Commons Co., Ltd.
- Landscape Architect: Wabi-Sabi Studio Co., Ltd.
- Lighting Designer: Accent Studio
- Structural Engineer: Jet Structural
- M&E Engineer: EEC Engineering Network
- Environmental Graphic: be>our>friend studio
- Identity design: TNOP Design
- Construction Management: International Project Administration Co., Ltd. (InterPAC)
- Main Contractor: NL Development Public Co., Ltd.
- Façade Contractor: SC Glazing Co., Ltd.
- Construction Cost: 180 Million THB (USD 5,200,000)
- Area: 5,000 m2
- Construction Period: 2013-2016
Thursday, August 11th, 2016
Article source: Selim Senin, architect
Typically, you enter the building, or you stay outside.This building offers a third possibility.This is the third use case climbing on the structure with steps lead up to the highest point of the structure, starting from the ground, resting on different levels, spend time, chatting, and the city is watching the situation.Located parking area on the existing car park, across the board to be open to pedestrian use gives a spaciousness to the city. That the intended use of the cultural center, through the terraces are created with steps has been made more effective.
Pedestrian circulation on the cultural center moved, rising to a new challenge is defined in the vertical.
Image Courtesy © Selim Senin, architect
- Architects: Selim Senin, architect
- Project: Sehit Kamil Art Center
- Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
- Software used: Sketchup, Photoshop, Vray, Autocad
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Article source: Royal HaskoningDHV
The new underground parking garage in Katwijk aan Zee is the result of a multifaceted commission granted to Royal HaskoningDHV by the Municipality of Katwijk. Royal HaskoningDHV is responsible for the architectural design of the underground parking and translated this design into a Building Quality Plan. Based on this Building Quality Plan, Ballast Nedam, in cooperation with ZJA, engineered the integral design (architectural, functional, structural and installation) for the realization of the parking garage.
Image Courtesy © Luuk Kramer
- Architects: Royal HaskoningDHV
- Project: Kustwerk Katwijk
- Location: Katwijk, Netherlands
- Photography: Luuk Kramer, OnSite Photography
- Software used: Sketchup, Autodesk Autocad, Rhinoceros 3D, Vray and Adobe Design Suite
- Client: Municipality of Katwijk
- Landscape architect: OKRA Landscape architects
- Contract management: WB de Ruimte
- Dyke consultant: Arcadis
- Contractor: Bouwcombinatie Ballast Nedam/Rohde Nielsen
- Structural Design: Adviesbureau Snijders
- MEP: De Bosman Bedrijven
- Lift installation: Liften‐ en Machinefabriek Lakeman
- Façade Engineering and realization: Metadecor
- Integral Design: Ballast Nedam Engineering in cooperation with ZJA
Wednesday, July 20th, 2016
Article source: SAOTA
Situated on a cliffside overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Cliff House in Dakar, Senegal was completed in 2011, with SAOTA, the Architects and ARRCC doing the Interior Decor. The house was designed for a Senegalese businessman and his family.
Built on the site of an old World War Two bunker and on the edge of a cliff, Cliff House maximises its commanding position to create a house that is not only dramatic but with the incorporation of historical elements quite magical and mysterious.
Image Courtesy © SAOTA
- Architects: SAOTA (Stefan Antoni, Greg Truen & Juliet Kavishe)
- Project: Cliff House
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Software used: 3D Studio Max and Vray
- Interior Design: ARRCC (Mark Rielly & Sarika Jacobs)
- Main Furniture Supplier: OKHA Interiors
- Building Area: 1954m2
- Completion Date: 2011
Tuesday, April 26th, 2016
Article source: LOdesigner
New high-rise building has a round-shaped spacious apartments but inconvenient plannings. To solve this problem have invited the architect – designer Elena Ostapova.
Image Courtesy © LOdesigner
- Architects: LOdesigner
- Project: Apartment in the contemporary style
- Software used: Vray and Auto Cad