Archive for the ‘V-Ray’ Category
Thursday, November 29th, 2012
Article source: Ova Design
The agency Ova Design is responsible for the central area of the Nature & Découvertes shop in Levallois, to stimulate the senses of its visitors. This original natural living bubble allows visitors to experience a new era of simplicity and interactivity. Nature & Découvertes is marking the start of a new customized model so that each shop is unique. The brand called upon the services of Ova Design to create and design this space within the 190m² of its new sales outlet.
Image Courtesy Ova Design
- Architects: Ova Design
- Project: Nature & Découvertes at So Ouest
- Location: Levallois, France
- Software used: sketchup with vray render for the 3D part and autocad for the plan.
Sunday, November 25th, 2012
Article source: Daniela Craciunoiu
This is a day area make-over for an existing house.
The main challenge was the client’s desire to keep some of the old furniture – a couch and an armchair with a baroque texture and other red cherry furniture items. The existing atmosphere was rather dusty and sad, with a combination of different shades of beige and the red of the cherry wood.
Image Courtesy Daniela Craciunoiu
- Architects: Daniela Craciunoiu
- Project: C interior design
- Software used: Rhinoceros 4 for modeling and Vray for render
Friday, October 19th, 2012
Article source: Nota Design Group
Isabel Flooring is an established flooring specialist in China. H3 is their foray into other wood products such as timber doors and built-in furnitures. This design exercise will attempt to portray H3 as “The Wood Specialist” and set a store identity for the brand’s countrywide expansion.
Image Courtesy Nota Design Group
- Architects: Nota Design Group
- Project: H3 Experience Centre
- Design director: Keat Ong
- Design team: jianjie He, mengxiang Huang
- Client: H3/ Isable
- Location: Kunming, China
- Software used: Autocad, 3Dmax, Vray
Tuesday, October 9th, 2012
Article source: Seeding Office
Traditionally, Egypt was known as the gift of the Nile, ever since Herodotus simply stated that “without the Nile, there is no Egypt, because where the Nile overflows its banks, the land is green, and where the water’s influence stops, the desert begins. Egypt is the Gift of the Nile, the only place in the world where a river dares to cut across a thousand miles of desert to reach the sea, creating a civilization along its course”.
We have chosen Water as a symbolic guide for the whole project, aiming to evoke the deepest roots of Egyptian culture and imagine the building itself as an element generated by the river’s life.
Image Courtesy © Seeding Office
- Architects: Seeding Office
- Project: Cairo National Library
- Location: Zamalek, Cairo, Egypt
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3dS Max with V-ray, Photoshop
Sunday, October 7th, 2012
Article source: Francesco Piffari
What is a bridge in the collective imagination? How to obtain livable spaces from a passing-by architecture? How to push the design to its boundaries and at the same time satisfy the requests for traffic flows, wheelchair access, integration in the urban context, sustainability looking, clarity and comprehensibility of the program?
Image Courtesy Francesco Piffari
- Architects: Francesco Piffari
- Project: Iconic Pedestrian Bridge
- Location: Amstel 51, Amsterdam, Netherlands (in front of Hermitage Amsterdam Museum)
- Type: One stage international idea competition
- Hosted by: [AC-CA] Architectural Competition
- Software used: Rhino, vRay for Rhino, Photoshop and Autocad
- Pedestrian Bridge: on the central axis of the museum, 90 m long, 4m wide minimum
- Cafe: 100 sqm with enough space for 20 tables together with a small area for snack
- Bicycle Repair: 50 sqm with two repair stations
- Services: 20 sqm for 4 toilets cubicles; 30 sqm for office, changing room, storage; 30 bike racks
- TOTAL: 200 sqm
- Mission:Design an Iconic Pedestrin Bridge in the heart of Amsterdam which could:
- Encourage and reward design excellence between architecture and engineering.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing an original footbridge.
- To generate the discussion of ideas regarding the functionality of bridges in relation with art and sculpture.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
Friday, October 5th, 2012
Article source: Studio Alfirevic
Residential group ‘Danube River Housing’ is located on the Danube river banks near Belgrade, and its design concept is based on the idea of cluster like structure of rafts – buildings constructed on pontoons. The main goal was to achieve an atmosphere of housing partially hidden in the river underbrush, and also to establish the ambience of the neighborhood – a group of single-family house-rafts.
Image Courtesy © Studio Alfirevic
- Architects: Studio Alfirevic
- Project: Danube River Housing
- Location: Zemunski kej, Belgrade, Serbia
- Software used: AutoCad + 3D Max + VRay
Friday, September 21st, 2012
Article source: Emelio Barjau
Professional cycling has developed enormously in the State of Sinaloa, Mexico, in the last decade. Several international star athletes have brought attention to the sport, fueled by Olympic victories and enthusiastic press. Consequently there is an interest in building Culiacan´s new velodrome, as well as incorporating policies that favor cycling as a mode of transportation into the city’s plans for new public spaces. Our vision channels this newfound enthusiasm for cycling into a single thread that unites a professional sports building with a cycling-oriented park development.
Image Courtesy Bunker Arquitectura
- Architects: Bunker Arquitectura
- Project: Velodrome in Culiacan
- Location: Culiacan, Sinaloa, México
- Design: BNKR Arquitectura / Esteban Suarez
- Project Leader: Laura Fontaine & MitlGaxiola
- Project Team: EmelioBarjau, Angel Rivero, Adrian Aguilar, Francisco Cruz, DiegoEumir, Paul Chavez, MarcellIbarrola & Jaime Sol
- Structural Design: DAE
- Lighting: NorieggaIluminadores
- MEP: DCP
- Area: 61,236 m2
- Status: On going
- Renders: BNKR Arquitectura
- Software used: 3d Modeling with 3d Studio Max, Rhino, Grasshopper; Renderings with Vray; Postproduction with Photoshop; Drawings with AutoCAD, Illustrator
Tuesday, September 18th, 2012
Article source: Stefanie Drawehn
Bad Saarow is a little town 70km southeast of Berlin, situated by a large lake and renowned for its thermal baths.
The project site is covered in large pine trees and borders the lake. On the site there is an existing old villa. The project task was to design 13 little hotel units / huts for the site with the existing building being the main hotel building (reception / restaurant).
Image Courtesy Renderkitchen
- Project:Bad Saarow Hotel Units
- Location: Bad Saarow, Germany, Berlin
- Project Data: Between 25-30m2 for each unit
- Type: Hotel
- Rendering: Stefanie Drawehn (Renderkitchen)
- Software used: 3D Studio Max and Vray
Saturday, September 15th, 2012
Article source: Design Initiatives
The everyday experience of the users is critically important for the hospital typology. Our proposal for a Jinzhou New Area Medical Center is located as closest as possible to the existing wing of the hospital in order to shorten the routes and form one integrated complex with that existing wing.
Image Courtesy Vlado Valkof
- Architects: Design Initiatives
- Project: Jinzhou New Area Medical Center
- Location: Dalian, China
- Type: Healthcare
- Date : August, 2012
- Status: Competition
- Client: First Affiliated Hospital Of Dalian Medical University
- Area: 184,828 sq. m.
- Design Initiatives: Vlado Valkof
- Credits : Design Initiatives: Vlado Valkof – project architect; Ana Valkof, Stefan Petkov, Malgorzata Blasik, Minko Marinov – architects; Nick Tonchev – civil and structural
- Software used: Maya with V-Ray Renderer, AutoCAD and Photoshop
Friday, September 14th, 2012
Article source: Gary Eisner
Midtown South, New York, New York Apartment renovation –
The bathroom was the main focus of the renovation, but the entire apartment has been cosmetically.
Image Courtesy BUILTIN studio
- Architect: BUILTIN studio
- Project: 28th and 6th Avenue
- Location: New york
- Software used: AutoCAD and Rhino with Vray