Archive for the ‘V-Ray’ Category
Sunday, October 7th, 2012
Article source: Francesco Piffari
What is a bridge in the collective imagination? How to obtain livable spaces from a passing-by architecture? How to push the design to its boundaries and at the same time satisfy the requests for traffic flows, wheelchair access, integration in the urban context, sustainability looking, clarity and comprehensibility of the program?
Image Courtesy Francesco Piffari
- Architects: Francesco Piffari
- Project: Iconic Pedestrian Bridge
- Location: Amstel 51, Amsterdam, Netherlands (in front of Hermitage Amsterdam Museum)
- Type: One stage international idea competition
- Hosted by: [AC-CA] Architectural Competition
- Software used: Rhino, vRay for Rhino, Photoshop and Autocad
- Pedestrian Bridge: on the central axis of the museum, 90 m long, 4m wide minimum
- Cafe: 100 sqm with enough space for 20 tables together with a small area for snack
- Bicycle Repair: 50 sqm with two repair stations
- Services: 20 sqm for 4 toilets cubicles; 30 sqm for office, changing room, storage; 30 bike racks
- TOTAL: 200 sqm
- Mission:Design an Iconic Pedestrin Bridge in the heart of Amsterdam which could:
- Encourage and reward design excellence between architecture and engineering.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing an original footbridge.
- To generate the discussion of ideas regarding the functionality of bridges in relation with art and sculpture.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
Friday, October 5th, 2012
Article source: Studio Alfirevic
Residential group ‘Danube River Housing’ is located on the Danube river banks near Belgrade, and its design concept is based on the idea of cluster like structure of rafts – buildings constructed on pontoons. The main goal was to achieve an atmosphere of housing partially hidden in the river underbrush, and also to establish the ambience of the neighborhood – a group of single-family house-rafts.
Image Courtesy © Studio Alfirevic
- Architects: Studio Alfirevic
- Project: Danube River Housing
- Location: Zemunski kej, Belgrade, Serbia
- Software used: AutoCad + 3D Max + VRay
Friday, September 21st, 2012
Article source: Emelio Barjau
Professional cycling has developed enormously in the State of Sinaloa, Mexico, in the last decade. Several international star athletes have brought attention to the sport, fueled by Olympic victories and enthusiastic press. Consequently there is an interest in building Culiacan´s new velodrome, as well as incorporating policies that favor cycling as a mode of transportation into the city’s plans for new public spaces. Our vision channels this newfound enthusiasm for cycling into a single thread that unites a professional sports building with a cycling-oriented park development.
Image Courtesy Bunker Arquitectura
- Architects: Bunker Arquitectura
- Project: Velodrome in Culiacan
- Location: Culiacan, Sinaloa, México
- Design: BNKR Arquitectura / Esteban Suarez
- Project Leader: Laura Fontaine & MitlGaxiola
- Project Team: EmelioBarjau, Angel Rivero, Adrian Aguilar, Francisco Cruz, DiegoEumir, Paul Chavez, MarcellIbarrola & Jaime Sol
- Structural Design: DAE
- Lighting: NorieggaIluminadores
- MEP: DCP
- Area: 61,236 m2
- Status: On going
- Renders: BNKR Arquitectura
- Software used: 3d Modeling with 3d Studio Max, Rhino, Grasshopper; Renderings with Vray; Postproduction with Photoshop; Drawings with AutoCAD, Illustrator
Tuesday, September 18th, 2012
Article source: Stefanie Drawehn
Bad Saarow is a little town 70km southeast of Berlin, situated by a large lake and renowned for its thermal baths.
The project site is covered in large pine trees and borders the lake. On the site there is an existing old villa. The project task was to design 13 little hotel units / huts for the site with the existing building being the main hotel building (reception / restaurant).
Image Courtesy Renderkitchen
- Project:Bad Saarow Hotel Units
- Location: Bad Saarow, Germany, Berlin
- Project Data: Between 25-30m2 for each unit
- Type: Hotel
- Rendering: Stefanie Drawehn (Renderkitchen)
- Software used: 3D Studio Max and Vray
Saturday, September 15th, 2012
Article source: Design Initiatives
The everyday experience of the users is critically important for the hospital typology. Our proposal for a Jinzhou New Area Medical Center is located as closest as possible to the existing wing of the hospital in order to shorten the routes and form one integrated complex with that existing wing.
Image Courtesy Vlado Valkof
- Architects: Design Initiatives
- Project: Jinzhou New Area Medical Center
- Location: Dalian, China
- Type: Healthcare
- Date : August, 2012
- Status: Competition
- Client: First Affiliated Hospital Of Dalian Medical University
- Area: 184,828 sq. m.
- Design Initiatives: Vlado Valkof
- Credits : Design Initiatives: Vlado Valkof – project architect; Ana Valkof, Stefan Petkov, Malgorzata Blasik, Minko Marinov – architects; Nick Tonchev – civil and structural
- Software used: Maya with V-Ray Renderer, AutoCAD and Photoshop
Friday, September 14th, 2012
Article source: Gary Eisner
Midtown South, New York, New York Apartment renovation –
The bathroom was the main focus of the renovation, but the entire apartment has been cosmetically.
Image Courtesy BUILTIN studio
- Architect: BUILTIN studio
- Project: 28th and 6th Avenue
- Location: New york
- Software used: AutoCAD and Rhino with Vray
Tuesday, September 11th, 2012
Article source: Seeding Office
How a new building will relate to the context and the people?
Image Courtesy Seeding Office
- Architects: Seeding Office Architects
- Project: Shade of green
- Software used: AutoCad, 3dS max with V-ray and Photoshop
Sunday, August 12th, 2012
Article source: Studio Alfirevic
Raft represents an extension of the riverbank. The main idea was to create a pleasant environment, like staying under the ”tree shadow” an also above water. Atrium space is the central motif, with elements of natural environment (birch, stone, grass, etc.). The spatial organization consists of main entrance, wardrobe with toilets, café-restaurant with atrium and bar with storage space.
Raft ’4U’ – Cafe Restaurant
- Architects: Studio Alfirevic
- Project: Raft ’4U’ – Cafe Restaurant
- Location: Belgrade, Serbia
- Software used: AutoCAD + 3D Max + V-Ray
Tuesday, August 7th, 2012
Article source: Sean Bailey
Vista Del Valle is a 4,400 square feet house in the Sonoma hills that articulates modern forms, site informed design, and soft clean materials. The project is on a steep site with a view out over the valley, with distant views of Mt. Diablo and East Bay. Its multi-axis plan and gently sloped shed roofs create informal active spaces that look modern in form and yet remain soft with light finely-textured stucco and warm clear-grain horizontal cedar siding.
Image Courtesy Bruce Damonte
- Architects: Zimmerman and Associates
- Project: Vista Del Valle
- Location: Sonoma,CA
- Photographer: Bruce Damonte
- Year of Completion: 2011
- Contractor: JMH Consultants
- Software used: Vectorworks and Rhinoceros 4.0 and Vray for the renderings.
Friday, July 27th, 2012
Article source: EMS Arquitectura
This is the first of 3 buildings projected for the “CARIÑO” institutional program, driven by social manager of Santiago de Cali and the Ministry of Education. It is located in the district 21, east of the city, adjacent to the Cauca River dam, on a lot that for years had been used by the community as a park, but legally would be destined for the construction of an educational institution. The development of the project would generate a new form of living space whereas their new occupants would be children between 2 and 5 years.
Image Courtesy EMS Arquitectura
- Architects: EMS Arquitectura
- Project: Centro de Atención Integral a la Niño, Cariño El Remanso
- Location: Colombia
- Software used: AutoCAD 2010, 3Dmax, V-Ray