Archive for the ‘Villa’ Category
Thursday, December 18th, 2014
Article source: Sanaksenaho Arkkitehdit Oy
Villa Musu is located on a beautiful lake shore lot with a pine tree forest surrounding the house. The design is shaped into a soft, organic plan that naturally flows into the landscape. The commission included a one family house with an entry porch, a Finnish sauna and an atelier. The indoor spaces as well as an outdoor terrace are covered by a bean shaped roof.
Image Courtesy © Jussi Tiainen
- Architects: Sanaksenaho Arkkitehdit Oy
- Project: Villa Musu
- Location: Central Finland
- Photography: Jussi Tiainen
- Design team: Matti Sanaksenaho: Head Designer, JaanaHellinen: Project Architect,Pirjo Sanaksenaho, Maria Isotupa, Aleksi Räihä
- Client: Private commission
- Construction engineering: OskariLaukkanen
- HVAC engineering: EskoHelin
- Electrical engineering: JarmoNenonen
- Floor area: 360 m2
Thursday, December 4th, 2014
Article source: Sanaksenaho Architects
The villa is part of CIPEA, China International Practical Exhibition of Architecture, exhibit. It takes place in Pearl Spring Tourist and Holiday Resort Zone. There is a lake in the middle of the exhibition area. Green hills and springs surround the lake.
The villa is a holiday-residence. It can also serve artists in their short-term stay for art creation, family and small group tour, meetings, seminars and short-term work.
Image Courtesy © SANAKSENAHO ARCHITECTS
- Architects: Sanaksenaho Architects../
- Project: Cipea Villa
- Location: Nanjing, China
- Surface area: 800 m2
- Building volume: 2 700 m3
- Investor / Client: Nanjing Sifang Educational Enterprise, China International Practical Exhibition of Architecture
- Architects team: Matti Sanaksenaho, Pirjo Sanaksenaho, principals-in-charge
- Project team: Jari Mänttäri, Maria Isotupa, Tommi Terästö, Jaana Hellinen
- Structural engineering: Tero Aaltonen + local engineers
- Structural system: Concrete cast in site
- Major materials: Copper outside, cherrywood inside
- Design: 2003-2004
- Construction: 2009-2012
Thursday, November 27th, 2014
Article source: Camillo Botticini Architetto
The house stands on a clearing in the trees, 700 meters above sea level, close to the “Passo del Cavallo”, next to a road that connects Trompia Valley and Sabbia Valley on a steep slope. The landscape is characterized by an open valley to the south and a frame of green mountains with peaks of dolomite rock to the north.
Image Courtesy © Niccolò Galeazzi
- Architects: Camillo Botticini Architetto
- Project: ALPS VILLA
- Location: Passo del Cavallo Brescia – IT, Italy
- Photography: Niccolò Galeazzi
- Software used: autocad
- Structural engineering: Ing. Franco Palmieri
- Services engineering: Planex srl
- Collaborators: arch. Lucia Fanetti, Ing. Paolo Dellana, arch. Giorgia Guseo, arch. Stefano Farina
- Construction Company: Baglioni Costruzioni srl
- Supervisor of construction: Geom. Roberto Migliorati
- Client: Privato
- Area:. 360 m2
- Schedule: 2011-2012
- Construction: 2013-2014
Saturday, November 22nd, 2014
Article source: Jestico + Whiles
Jestico + Whiles has completed a luxury private villa in the heart of a village close to Prague in the Czech Republic. A sophisticated five-bedroom family home that marries a contemporary aesthetic with the best in environmental design, the property also includes cutting-edge intelligent home technologies.
Image Courtesy © Ales Jungmann
- Architects: Jestico + Whiles
- Project: Smart villa near Prague
- Location: Czech Republic
- Photography: Ales Jungmann
Wednesday, November 19th, 2014
Article source: OVA Studio Ltd
As part of a large residential development in Melaka, Malaysia, that consists of more than 1000 houses of various types, Sandan Villas are only 7 in total, the high end products of this entire scheme.
The concept is based on an decomposition of the house into open boxes, where the edges seems to form a ribbon leading from one end to the other, from the entrance to the infinity pool, while preserving intimacy and orienting the main spaces toward the open views.
Image Courtesy © OVA Studio Ltd
- Architects: OVA Studio Ltd
- Project: Sandan Villas
- Location: Melaka, Malaysia
- Client: S.P.B.
- Project stage: Under construction
- Architects / Directors: Mr. Slimane Ouahès, Mr. Christophe Barthelemy
- Architect Assistants: Alice NG, Stephanie Mendoza
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Article source: DAS Interior Architect
The project is for a family with 2 kids. It consist of 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a master bedroom with en suit bathroom covered with gray marble and a walk in wardrobe on the first floor.
Image Courtesy © DAS Interior Architect
Tuesday, November 11th, 2014
Article source: Ian Shaw Architekten BDA RIBA
Villa S is a cast in-situ concrete house, dramatically sited on a hillside above Schriesheim, in Baden-Württemberg, in southwest Germany. From its elevated position, the building offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside: to the south, the Black Forest; to the west, the Palatinate and the Rhine Valley; to the east, the Odenwald mountain range; and in the foreground, on a neighbouring hillside, the ruins of Strahlenburg Castle, originally built in 1295. Within this setting, the project presents itself as an elemental two-tier structure.
Image Courtesy © Ian Shaw Architekten BDA RIBA
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Article source: HILBERINKBOSCH architects
A site in a pine forest with a height difference of six meters is unique in the Netherlands. The clients are aware of that and asked us to design a ‘living’ house which fully adopts the qualities of the plot. They cite three icons as a reference, each with their own qualities. De scenic naturalness of F.L. Wright, the openness of Mies van der Rohe and the tactile materiality of Zumthor. With a sense of necessary modesty we accepted the assignment.
Image Courtesy © René de Wit
- Architects: HILBERINKBOSCH architects
- Project: Dune Villa
- Location: Utrechtse Heuvelrug, The Netherlands
- Photography: René de Wit
- PROJECT ARCHITECT: Geert Bosch, Annemariken Hilberink
- COLLABORATORS: Joost Kolk , Jaap Janssen, Iggie Dekkers
- LANDSCAPE DESIGN: Martien van Osch, bureau OSLO
- PRINCIPAL: Private
- DATE: November 2010 – April 2014
Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
Article source: Vanessa Pointet
Individual villas have played a particular role in the history of domesticity. They are inevitably the set for the rich and dramatic play of family life whether in fiction or reality. In that sense all villas belong to a very same lineage : a stage for the domestic drama: love, passion, adultery, brotherhood ; the ups and down of family and love stories. Regardless of whether the scenario comes with a happy ending or not, similarities appear in all domestic environments.
Image Courtesy © Vanessa Pointet
- Architects: Vanessa Pointet
- Project: VILLA BELLEVUE
- Location: Washington
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Article source: DITTEL Architekten
The idyllically situated Villa T in the canton St. Gallen offers a magnificent view of the mountains, and has been completely gutted and renovated by DITTEL | ARCHITEKTEN.
Image Courtesy © DITTEL Architekten