Archive for the ‘Villa’ Category
Friday, September 30th, 2016
Article source: Massimo Mariani Architect
Villa Fagan is a building in Florence, located in Viale Antonio Gramsci, surrounded by a beautiful garden where you can also find an annex. It occupies an area of about 1600 square metres and is one of the most significant pieces of residential architecture in the neighbourhood built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century.
Image Courtesy © Massimo Mariani Architect
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016
Article source: Marlegno s.r.l.
Single Villa designed by Tironi Architectural Studio and realized by Marlegno in Caravaggio (BG), Italy.
The house has a wooden structural frame and home automation management systems. Modern use of finishing materials, with wood paneling and porcelain stoneware slabs. Great attention was paid to the relationship between environments, to their function and the presence of natural light.
The combination of volumes and shapes creates a considerable architectural impact.
Image Courtesy © Tironi Architectural Studio
- Architects: Marlegno s.r.l.
- Project: Villa in Caravaggio
- Location: Lombardy, Italy
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: OOA | Office O architects
The house is situated in a residential allotment with “bungalow” houses from the early sixties, surrounded by dunes, not far from the Belgian seaside.
To bring the house into accordance with the surrounding houses and the enviroment and to answer to the building regulations, the design of the house was inspired by the bungalow typology. At first glance it looks like a single storey house.
Image Courtesy © Tim Van de Velde
- Architects: OOA | Office O architects
- Project: Villa CD -Tableland
- Location: Oostduinkerke, Belgium
- Photography: Tim Van de Velde
- Head designer: Magalie Munters
- Project architect: Hugo Crombez
- Project period: 2011 – 2015
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: Rangr Studio
Casa Kimball is a private beach house and luxury rental villa located on the North coast of the Dominican Republic. Situated on a cliff with a panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean, each of eight full suites has a breathtaking view out to the ocean. The buildings are designed to protect from views of neighboring villas, heightening the experience of the vast horizon beyond. The interior spaces merge with the gardens, and are designed to allow ocean breezes under shade from the sun throughout the year. Light at sunset rakes through trees, casting dappled sunlight on the light stone floors in the evening. A long infinity edge pool creates a seamless edge of water in front of the ocean, hiding terraces and a hot-tub at cliff edge that allow visitors to experience the ocean’s roar as waves break on the rocks below.
The villa is about 20,000 square feet, and includes two indoor and two outdoor lounges, a dining room with a view centered on the pool out to the ocean, and an outdoor bar area.
Image Courtesy © Rangr Studio
- Architects: Rangr Studio
- Project: Casa Kimball
- Location: Dominican Republic
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Article source: Unterlandstättner Architekten
This new building with its bush-hammered exposed concrete surface stands in the foreground of a listed building from the year 1890.
The listed villa was completely renovated, the extensive and inappropriate developments of recent decades were removed, and the traditional room structure was restored.
Image Courtesy © Michael Heinrich and München
- Architects: Unterlandstättner Architekten
- Project: Rock On A Slope
- Location: Gauting, in the Würm valley, near Munich, Germany
- Photography: Michael Heinrich and München
- Team: Meike Kübel, Anke Göckelmann, Telemach Rieff
- Living space: 120 sqm. (new building), 450 sqm. (historical listed building)
- Completion date: Autumn 2010
Thursday, September 8th, 2016
Article source: Li Yizhong Interior Design
Dongguan Origin Villa is located in Dongguan City near Dongguan Botanical Garden with great natural landscape resources.
The project is built according to the construction standard of South China luxury villa with top landscape, which sets a new benchmark of Dongguan central city mansion.
Image Courtesy © Li Yizhong Interior Design
- Architects: Li Yizhong Interior Design (Li Yizhong, Fan Yihua, Guan Guanquan)
- Project: Dongguan Origin Villa
- Location: Dongguan, Guangdong Province, China
- Soft Furnishings: Xiong Can, Ou Xueting, Ouyang Lizhen
- Construction Drawing: Ye Zenghui, Zhang Hao, Wang Qunbo, Gao Xingwu, Hu Peng
- Area: 500 square meters
Tuesday, September 6th, 2016
Article source: Hoz Fontan Architects
A three floor cubical volume is located next to a late XIX century villa. The new building is linked to the villa by means of a galvanized steel and glass-made set of stairs that allows the cast of indirect natural light not only on the villa, but also on the new atelier, marking the entrance point of both of them. The atelier is defined by a galvanized steel-made framework and by perforated slabs to allow the entrance of natural light. On the other hand, the villa´s terrace is meant to be a view-point on the garden, removing some parts of the railing by selecting the ground materials and filtering the sunlight with sunshaders, softening the transition between the inside and outside parts of the house.
Image Courtesy © Hoz Fontan Architects
- Architects: Hoz Fontan Architects (Angel de la Hoz)
- Project: Atelier Nagel
- Location: San Sebastián, Spain
- Collaborators: Ángel Álvarez
- M/E: Aitor Alcelay
- Structure: Germán Goieneche
- Constructor: Altuna y Uría s.a.
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016
Article source: Studioartec
Feeling at home is one of the deepest and most pleasing emotion we can have.
Indeed ours is not a simple ‘house’. And our home is as much a complex array of different spaces as it is the set of the so many different activities we live.
Image Courtesy © Bruno Tonelli
- Architects: Studioartec
- Project: Villa II
- Location: Franciacorta, Italy
- Photography: Bruno Tonelli and Gianni Canali
- Main contractor: Edilmape Srl
- Electrical system and home automation : SEPA Snc
- Electrical system and home automation components: ABB
- Architecture design: Bruno Tonelli
- Structural engineering: Giovanni Mosca
- House dimension: 210 sqm
- Underground Dimension: 180 Sqm
- Plot Area: 730 Sqm
- Year: 2010-2015
Friday, August 26th, 2016
Article source: Söhne & Partner architects
The design for the luxorious villa near lake Neusiedl is not only named after the world-famouse home of rock’n’roll star Elvis, its style is also based on the imposing building in Memphis. The clients are extraordinary Elvis fans.
The front facade of the house is a postmodern plagiarism, which is morphed into a modern villa towards the garden- and yard-side of the building.
Image Courtesy © Söhne & Partner architects
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016
Article source: Proarh
Play of covered/uncovered – in/out – full/void spaces was the main idea in designing this holiday retreat – the idea of a simple stroke, a swing of form that can enrich a functional and aesthethic vision.
Image Courtesy © DAMIR FABIJANI
- Architects: Proarh
- Project: Villa Materada
- Location: Materada, Croatia
- Photography: IVAN DOROTI, RAJAN MILO and DAMIR FABIJANI