Archive for the ‘Workshop’ Category
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: Raum
The Trucks Maintenance Centre is an antenna of the Ile et Vilaine departmental equipment park (Britany, France).
The project proposes to create a dialogue between the new building and the landscape bocage.
Image Courtesy © Audrey Cerdan
- Architects: RAUM
- Project: Trucks Maintenance Centre
- Location: La Gouesnière, Britany, France
- Photography: Audrey Cerdan
- Client: Conseil Régional de Bretagne
- Engineering: Otéis (TCE), Acoustibel (acoustique)
- Materials: Wood, Concrete, Polycarbonate, Vegetalize roof & Steel
- Cost: 3 800 000 € (excl. tax)
- Surface: 2 352 m2
- Year: 2016
Friday, April 14th, 2017
Article source: h2o architectes
The R buildings concerned by our rehabilitation project are located in the lower part of the site of the Cartoucherie at Bourg-les-Valence, listed as a Historic Monument. The first phase of the work led by the town and the architect Philippe Prost allowed for the rehabilitation of the principal building with its fine architectural qualities and of the courtyard, which were both in a ruinous state. This important building of our heritage was, in 2009, transformed into a place of creation with the opening of a new major center for quality film animation.
Image Courtesy © Myr Muratet
- Architects: H2o architects with ID + Engineering
- Project: La Cartoucherie
- Location: The Cartoucherie, Bourg-lès-Valence Commune, France
- Photography: Julien Attard and Myr Muratet
- Commissionner: Community of Agglomerations Valence Romans South Rhône-Alpes
- Cost of works: 2 300 000 € HT
- Area: 2,420 m²
- Dated: Delivered 2016
Friday, March 17th, 2017
Article source: Marcos Guiponi
Sinergia Cowork originally started as a real estate development project, with 32 offices and 4 rental meeting rooms. Just another operation inside a recycled space that in its history worked housed a carpentry, mechanical workshop, movie studio and warehouse.
The offices function as a cowork: A recent concept in contemporary office spaces, where the user inserts himself into a heterogeneous collaborative environment that enhances his work and social skills.
The project seeks to maintain the aesthetics of the pre-existing building by using completely removable lightweight structures, made through metal beams and Structural Insulated Panels walls, and by using a neutral color palette (white and light gray), where the only color is given by the coworkers, vegetation and furniture.
The main entrance of the building is through a garage door, that is highlighted by the logo of the company. The ground floor consists of a central yard that articulates offices with cowork spaces and meeting rooms. Smaller offices are distributed in the upper floor, together with a 3d printing workshop, flexible cowork spaces, living rooms, and a photography studio.
The existing basement, built at the beginning of the 20th century, with vaults and walls in brick and stone, becomes the space of relaxation, housing the playroom, dining room, kitchen and a giant screen.
On the roof, and going through the original wooden truss, you can access an event room with an outdoor deck that is used on weekends as a place of interaction and relaxation of the coworkers outside their working hours.
Image Courtesy © Marcos Guiponi
- Architects: Emilio Magnone + Marcos Guiponi
- Project: Sinergia Cowork Palermo
- Location: Palermo, Montevideo, Uruguay
- Photography: Marcos Guiponi
- Collaborators: Mateo Vidal, Valentina Viqueira
- Structure: Magnone-Pollio Ingenieros Civiles
- Project Area: (sqm) 1400
- Year: 2013-2014
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: usoarquitectura
Open spaces are the main feature of this project located in Diana Reforma building to encourage communication and team work. In their previous location the areas were divided in too many spaces resulting in the lost of collaboration and synergies.
This architectural project was an interesting challenge because it was developed in two levels with narrow plants combined with large structural elements.
Image Courtesy © usoarquitectura
- Architects: usoarquitectura
- Project: Corporativo en Reforma Diana
- Location: Mexico City
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
Article source: Arkitema Architects
The Gellerup area in the city of Aarhus is to be rethought. One of the ways to create more life and positive development in this troubled neighborhood is to move 950 municipal jobs to the center of the area. Arkitema Architects are winners of a PPP contest, in which the 23,000 m² building integrates workplaces and public functions as well as an entrepreneurial environment. The new building will be an icon that sets the standard for the revitalized Gellerup area.
Image Courtesy © Arkitema Architects
- Architects: Arkitema Architects
- Project: OPS Gellerup Nord
- Location: Edwin Rahrs vej, 8220 Brabrand, Denmark
- Client: Aarhus Kommune
- PPP Contractor: A. Enggaard
- Maneging contractor: Caverion
- Landscape: Arkitema Urban Design
- Engineer: Niras
- Size: 23,000 m² plus parking 12,500 m²
- Year: 2015-2018
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Article source: nARCHITECTS
A/D/O, the new design space in Greenpoint, Brooklyn founded by MINI, has completed construction, and will open to the public following the holiday season. Designed by Brooklyn based nARCHITECTS – the award-winning firm, founded by Principals Eric Bunge and Mimi Hoang, that was behind New York City’s first micro-unit building – A/D/O will provide a groundbreaking new kind of space for designers.
Image Courtesy © A/D/O & nARCHITECTS, by Matthew Carbone
- Architects: nARCHITECTS
- Project: A/D/O
- Location: Greenpoint, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Photography: Matthew Carbone
- Software used: Rhino and Autocad
- Design Team: Credits: Eric Bunge, Mimi Hoang (Principals); Ammr Vandal (Associate Principal), Amanda Morgan (Associate), Kyong Kim, Thomas Heltzel, David Mora, Daniel Katebini-Stengel, Gabrielle Marcoux, Jin Jin Chiu, Georgia Williams, Zach Walters, Brian Chen, Liwei Wang, Geraldine Vargas, Grisha Enikolopov
- Structural Engineer: Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- MEP Engineer: OLA Consulting Engineers
- Civil Engineer: AKRF
- Lighting Designer: Lumen Architecture, PLLC
- Additional Furnishings and Design Consulting: HUXHUX
- Code Consultant: Jack Callahan Consulting
- Kitchen Consultant: Jacobs Doland Beer
- Construction Manager/General Contractor: Barrett Builders
Wednesday, December 21st, 2016
Article source: FFWD Arquitectes
When dealing with the refurbishment of this old carpenter’s workshop placed at Barcelona’s Poble Sec neighbourhood, the main goal was to set up this space for inhabitation while the main constructive components were mantained. They gave charm and singularity to the space.
Image Courtesy © FFWD Arquitectes (David Benito Cortázar)
- Architects: FFWD Arquitectes (Laia Guardiola Raventós & David Benito Cortázar)
- Project: Loft MdP
- Location: Poble Sec, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
- Photography: FFWD Arquitectes (David Benito Cortázar)
- Total Area: 122 sqm (interior), 27 sqm (terrace)
- Project development: October 2014 to March 2015
- Built: June 2015 to April 2016
Thursday, December 15th, 2016
Article source: IDEEA Interior Design & Architecture
Ruta 40 is a workspace characterised by a strong home-like feeling. The design meets the need for a space for informal interaction as well as a welcoming place to work. The office was created in a light-filled mansard, previously used as a residential flat. Every space has its own precise function. The living room became a comfortable lounge, the kitchen, which is hidden in the lounge, can host up to two work stations, the bathroom is like a tiny spa, with a bench for relaxing and enjoying the view laid out on the walls, and the two bedrooms were transformed into warm, welcoming offices.
Image Courtesy © IDEEA Interior Design & Architecture
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Article source: Marcos Miguélez Architect
The project is located in Ponferrada´s City Hall Square, next to the base of the Clock Tower, in one of the 5 gateways to the walled medieval city. This stretch of the wall remains intact due to its shared joint ownership with the cloistered convent of the Conceptionist, which has allowed its preservation until today.
The building corresponds to the traditional construction of XVIII Century houses in El Bierzo: rectangular, formed by volumes attached, with facade shield, courtyard, stratifying its uses by heights. The upper floor is devoted to housing, with a noble area in the square and another craft workshop in the courtyard. The ground floor housed commercial activities.
Image Courtesy © Antonio Vázquez
- Architects: Marcos Miguélez Architect
- Project: XVIII Century Traditional House rehabilitation
- Location: Ponferrada, León, Spain
- Photography: Antonio Vázquez
- Client: Trastevere
- Main Construction Company: Puferca
- Colaborators: Alejandro Mikrós Herce
- Size: 600 m2
- Year: 2016
Tuesday, September 6th, 2016
Article source: PAX.ARQ
As a result of a particular programmatic condition, the workshop-house project was conceived to host a residence, a high-performance mechanical workshop and classrooms in a 260m² terrain located in the Pinheiros neighborhood, São Paulo.
The programmatic activities were distributed in a specific way so it was possible to take the greatest advantage from the functional and legal point of view. The result is a separation of the program in three levels: ground-floor, which hosts the mechanical workshop activities, revisions, repairs, part-washing and a dynamometer room for vehicle testing; first floor, where the classrooms, study rooms and bathrooms are located; and second floor, place for the residence.
Image Courtesy © Bruno Candiotto
- Architects: PAX.ARQ
- Project: Tecnomec Workshop House
- Location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Photography: Bruno Candiotto
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit and 3D MAX
- Authors: paula sertório, victor paixão
- Design team: alecsander gonçalves, isabella fatarelli, lucas lemos, miguel muralha, murilo gabriele, renata lovro, renata stefanelli, sebastian perez sarralde, ubirata prilip
- Structure: telecki arquitetura de projetos
- Landscaping: marcel steiner
- Construction: sbn engenharia construções e acabamentos
- Project year: 2011
- Work year: 2015