One of the oldest pilgrimage sites in Bavaria can be found on the east bank of the Ammersee, the monastery Andechs. As a commodity of the Benedictine abbey Saint Bonifaz in Munich, the monastery ensures the financial basis of the abbey’s pastoral, social and cultural work – according to the credo “ora et labora – pray and work.” With the renovation of the estate’s old washhouse, located between Florianstadl and the butchery, the workshop, laundry and monastery distillery, which are accommodated inside the building, could be modernized and reorganized according to their current requirements.
“Every year, in the beginning of May, the next edition of an experimental project called KontenerART begins. It’s an initiative of independent artists in Poznań – a place where you can relax, meet people and take part in whole creative process, learning new skills during many art workshops, concerts and exhibitions.
When Nomura chose Oxford Properties and UBS’s multi award-winning Angel Lane it was the City’s largest letting. With 546,000 sqft of technologically advanced workspace over 11 floors for 6,000 plus people, it is sited between the City’s Victorian and Roman riverbanks. The project has transformed the riverside with the first new public space between Parliament and The Tower of London.
Hewitt Studios have recently completed a sustainable new-build workshop sporting an innovative and efficient ‘flat-pack’ timber structure.
The project is situated on the Holme Lacy campus of Herefordshire and Ludlow College and is designed to complement the nearby Straw Bale Cafe and Fast-Track Classrooms. It is used primarily for the maintenance of tractors and other agricultural machinery.
The Artist Colony in Baia Mare started from the initial summer colonizations which took place every year from 1896 till 1901. In 1898 these temporary settlements were joined by the individual permanent colonization of many artists who have spent in Baia Mare shorter or longer periods of their artistic biography, thus being decisive in the establishment of a genuine permanent institutional structure known as “Colonia pictorilor”. Nowadays Colonia is represented by multiple exhibition spaces and workshops, a generous space offered to the artists, members of the Association of Plastic Artists Union.
The project consists in creating an additional room on the roof of a penthouse in a posh suburb a few steps from Paris, with creation of a private access stairs.
The purpose of this addition is to offer a workshop, but also a reception room turned towards a hanging garden and terrace looking to Paris skyline.
“The idea to use glasses as the central expressive feature of this space was not born at once,” said designer Maria Yasko. “We considered stars and apples, which are central to the company’s signature style.”