Article source: Bureau Architecture Méditerranée
The project includes the People’s National Assembly, the National Council (Senate), the Chamber (Congress), and a residence for legislators.
Algeria’s new parliament is a project that must meet the highest standards.
The building needs to embody the idea of democracy in action, the Algeria of the future, freedom, peace, strong but deliberative power. The architecture must communicate a distinct national identity founded on universal values.
- Architects: Bureau Architecture Méditerranée
- Project: New Algerian Parliament
- Location: Algiers, Algeria
- Official name of the project: Parliament – Senate – Congress , People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
- Client: People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
- Architects/designers: Thierry CHAMBON, Maxime REPAUX, Frédéric ROUSTAN
- Project manager: Frédéric ROUSTAN, Yassine ALLICHE
- Collaborateurs: Sergii MITAKI, Ievgen GRYTSENKO, Laura MARCHEPOIL, Guillermo PANDO DE PRADO, Jean Christophe JODRY, David FROMAIN, Olivier VANEL, Jonathan TOURTOIS, Antony LONGEREY, Louise CATIN, Thérésa TOPOUKA
- Area of project: 220 000 m2
- Budget: not disclosed
- Project end date: 2019