Posts Tagged ‘Amsterdam’
Sunday, October 22nd, 2017
Article source: van Dongen – Koschuch
Situated on the site of a former children’s hospital on the Sarphatistraat in Amsterdam, the 5 star Hyatt Regency hotel, will be the first of its kind in the Netherlands. The historic hospital building is transformed as part of a new 211 room hotel. In addition, the building contains all the amenities that one can expect from an international 5-star hotel, with a conference centre, bars, a restaurant with terrace, and accessible spa and fitness facilities.
Image Courtesy © Bart van Hoek
- Architects: van Dongen – Koschuch ( Frits van Dongen, Patrick Koschuch )
- Project: Hyatt Regency Hotel Amsterdam
- Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Photography: Bart van Hoek
- Client: Aedes, UBM & Hyatt Regency
- Project team: J. Herfst, B. Filbey, H.Fekry, K. R.Sluijs, R. Bos
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 17.000m2
- Completion Year: 2017
Thursday, September 28th, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
In twenty years, the Zuidas area of Amsterdam has developed into the Netherlands main international business centre, which resulted in a reduced focus on residential interests. The development of Valley is part of the city’s ambition to correct this by transforming the area into a more liveable and complete urban quarter, welcoming large amounts of residents and additional public facilities to the area over the next decade.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Valley
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017
Article source: Ramón Esteve Estudio
Located in the Dam square of Amsterdam, with views of the Royal Palace, the Krasnapolsky Grand hotel is located between the most emblematic buildings of the city. Its origin dates back to 1865, already then being the central enclave of the high society of that time.
Image Courtesy © Ramón Esteve Estudio
- Architects: Ramón Esteve Estudio
- Project: NH GRAND HOTEL KRASNAPOLSKY
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Design: Ramon Esteve
- Project Management: D/Dock
- Collaborators: Silvia Martínez, Isabel Meyer, Tudi Soriano, Estefanía Pérez, María Martí, Víctor Ruiz, Anna Boscà, Laura Álvarez
- Client: NH Hoteles
- Studied Surface: 9922 m2
- Project: 2013
- Completion Date: 2015
Thursday, August 24th, 2017
Article source: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
It is the second new building we incorporate in the garden. This small building incorporates all logistical entries of the complex: museum staff, loading area, facilities and even access to the neighbour building, the Teekenschool.
Image Courtesy © Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
- Architects: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos (ADP-architecten, Copijn Landschaps architecten)
- Project: Drawing School And Staff Entrance Building Of The Rijksmuseum
- Location: Hobbemastraat, 1. 1071 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Software used: Revit, Autocad
- Client: Programmadirectie Het Nieuwe Rijksmuseum
- Collaborators: García de la Cámara, Marije Ter Steege, Alicia López, José Luis Mayén, Clara Hernández, Ana Vila, Victoria Bernícola, Jan Kolle, V. Breña, S. Gutiérrez, Marta Pelegrín, Iko Mennenga, Joaquín Pérez-Goicoechea, Luis Gutierrez, Carlos Arévalo, Juan Carlos Mulero, Miguel Velasco
- Digital imaging: INDG
- Structural engineering: OVE Arup
Sunday, August 13th, 2017
Article source: i29 interior architects
For a leading IT company active in the food sector, i29 interior architects realized the interior design of a newly built office building by Bedaux de Brouwer Architects. Schouw Informatisering is a full-service IT partner for food companies, hosting a broad service of ERP related services. An internationally operating organization with over 150 employees with a passion for food and IT.
Image Courtesy © SCHOUW
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: de Architekten Cie.
The new ABN AMRO Pavilion is unique in the Netherlands: the first built example of a purely sustainable and circular design. The main thought behind circular design is that the impact of the building causes the least possible reduction of the world’s resources. The circular economy is waste-free and resilient and that is the exact idea behind this Pavilion. Right from the start the recyclability of all materials used were taken into account.
Image Courtesy © de Architekten Cie.
- Architects: de Architekten Cie.
- Project: Circular Pavilion Abn Amro
- Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Project Architect: Hans Hammink
- Project Manager: Jeanne Leung, René Bos, Stephan Oelers
- Landscape designer: Dark green i.s.m. The Architects Cie.
- Contractor: BAM
- Structural engineer: BAM Construction + Engineering
- Installation Advisor: BAM Construction + Engineering
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: claessens erdmann designers
A newly developed XL formula for Albert Heijn where the focus point is fresh and really good food. With more than 200 quality products added to it’s assortment and staff as “masters” of their departments, this is the market-place where you can find everything you need.
Image Courtesy © claessens erdmann designers
Thursday, June 8th, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten b.v.
De Halve Maen, named after the vessel of the Dutch East India Company, is an apartment building that is part of the Overhoeks development. Attractive, high-quality, spacious homes have been created on the former Shell terrain, beautifully located on the north shore of the river IJ. Mecanoo designed a symmetrical U-shaped building in a park area with a tall masonry plinth and tiered superstructure.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten b.v.
Thursday, April 13th, 2017
Article source: MARC KOEHLER ARCHITECTS
In this corner house, all floors are interconnected in a continuous flow. The house takes maximum advantage of the exceptional views of its rugged, industrial environment. Loft House 1 is the first implementation of a series of durable, wooden loft houses.
Image Courtesy © MARC KOEHLER ARCHITECTS
- Architects: MARC KOEHLER ARCHITECTS
- Project: Lofthouse
- Location: Bosrankstraat 5, 1032 LH Amsterdam, Nederland
- Floor surface: 210m2
- Software used: ArchiCAD, a kind of BIM software
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Office Winhov
The restoration and transformation for the former Kas Bank building will rejuvenate this national monument converting it into a five-star W hotel. The building, originally designed by F.W.M. Poggenbeek in 1908 was expended in phases until 1932. The building follows the classical typology of bank buildings with vaults on the ground floor and basement, a monumental bank hall on the first floor and offices above. The building is one of the first concrete constructions in the Netherlands and is finished with a sandstone facade.
View from the Spuistraat, Image Courtesy © Stefan Müller
- Architects: Office Winhov
- Project: W Hotel ‘Bank’-building
- Location: Spuistraat 172, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Stefan Müller
- Client: Europe Hotels|Private Collection
- Restauration : Hoek architectuur & restauratie
- Interior design: Baranowitz + Kronenberg
- Sustainability: BREEAM Gold
- Gross floor area : 8.200 m2
- Project: 2013-2015/16