Article source: Berger Arquitectos
Angola has been undergoing a remarkable development process for the last decade, showing a significant economic growth and a progressive improvement in the quality of life of its population. It is a key country in the context of the African continent and an important regional power for the promotion of peace and prosperity in the region.
Its capital city, Luanda, is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, mirroring the new reality that is spreading to all of the country.
In this context, Angola was selected to be the first African nation to host the Rink Hockey World Cup in 2013, and the pavilion was designed as the main venue for the event.
- Architects: Berger Arquitectos
- Project: Luanda Multisports Pavilion
- Location: Luanda, Angola
- Photography: Fernando Guerra
- General CoordinationandArchitecture: Miguel Berger, Paulo Simões, Tiago Calais, Sérgio Catalão, Miguel Outeiro, Diana Peralta
- 3D Modelling : Sérgio Catalão | Filipe Gonçalves
- Mock-ups: NORIGEM
- Awarding Authority / Commissioner: Governo de Angola, Ministério da Juventude e Desportos, Federação Angolana de Patinagem Governmentof Angola, Ministry of Youth and Sport, Angolan Skating Federation
- HydraulicInstallations: CIVI4 – Projectistas e Consultores de Engenharia Civil , Alberto Fiqueiredo | Pedro Couto| Carlos Pereira
- ElectricalInstallations: FNT – Engenharia, Bruno Fernandes
- MechanicalInstallations: l2m – Loureiro e Machado, Serviços de Engenharia, Miguel Loureiro
- Gross ConstructionArea: 30.000 m2
- Seatings: 11.500 Lugares