Article source: doxiadis+
How does one build on the stark beauty of a Cycladic landscape without destroying it? This project seeks an answer to that very question. Placing such a rich development programme on this highly sensitive site necessitates a careful examination of the natural and historic elements which characterise the landscape: the amphitheatrical circle of hills, the seasonal streams, the juniper trees and frigana vegetation, the pezoules (agricultural terraces) and the xerolithies (dry stone walls).
- Architects: doxiadis+
- Project: Landscapes of Cohabitation
- Location: Antiparos, Greece
- Area: 12 Ha
- Scope: Site Planning, Landscape Architecture
- Landscape Architects: doxiadis+ (Thomas Doxiadis, Terpsy Kremaly)
- Client: OLIAROS S.A.
- Photography: Clive Nichols, Cathy Cunliffe, Thomas Doxiadis
- Software used: AutoCAD