Article source: Paravant Architects
Villa Areopagus planned as a retirement residence for a client from Hollywood, California, the design focused on creating a home that is harmoniously integrated into the landscape of the surrounding Costa Rican mountains. This was largely done by allowing for a strong connection between the indoor and outdoor living to take full advantage of the moderate climate and spectacular views the site offers. This approach is well suited for the lifestyle of the client which was an important factor for them to having a custom designed and built home.
- Architect: Paravant Architects
- Project Name: Villa Areopagus
- Location: Atenas, Costa Rica
- Area: 750 sq.m.
- Completion: 2011
- Photography: Julian Trejos
- Executive Architect: SAAR Arquitectura, Costa Rica; Jose-Bernardo Garcia
- Contractor: SAAR
- Team: Christian Kienapfel, Halil Ramazan Dolan