37 metres long is the single-family home that lies in the Rheintal of Vorarlberg in between the woods and water meadows. The slender and lengthy shape is a product of the property boundaries and makes for a straightforward exception among the neighbouring structures. The floor plan is organised as a sequence of spaces that allows for a practical arrangement of all the ancillary rooms and eventually leads to the generous and open living and working spaces.
Graz central station, with 30,000 travelers per day, is one of the most important transport hubs in Austria. The increasing importance of the transport hub in the future requires adaption of the complex at the train station as well as the connections to public transport within the city of Graz
In the course of the revitalisation of the former Werzer cinema in Pörtschach, which was designed by the well-known “Wörthersee-Architect” Franz Baumgartner in 1930, parts of the roof truss were raised to make room for a spacious penthouse.
This 250m2 apartment has become the holiday home of a German business family of seven. Bright floors, cosy grey tones, and lavish white surface areas are the sound foundation of this apartment’s serene, harmonious atmosphere.
The project’s main aim is to provide a space as large as possible for children and staff thus creating exciting situations through a combination of a clearly structured room design and the topography of the roof landscape. The kindergarten is designed as a passive house with lowest possible energy use.
A prestigious building (year of construction: 1902; architect: Adolf Bürgler) was the starting point for the design of a high standard rooftop extensions and creation of lofts apartments. The former shoe factory consisting of one street wing and two courtyard wings and is situated on “Schönbrunner Straße” in the 12th district of Vienna.
Our cities are growing, and their limits are increasingly expanding. The project “GrüneWelle” (“Green Wave”) of architects SUPERBLOCK and housing developer WBV GÖD is now completed, featuring an exemplary residential complex on the periphery of Vienna – between the city and the countryside – in which it could gain the first prize in the developer competition 2010. The urban “village-green” arrangement and functional density of this subsidised housing development strengthens neighborly ties, whereas its typological diversity promotes cross-generational and social mixing between residents.
The alignment with the surrounding and the incorporation of the street space
The establishment of a prominent, protruding corner at the inter-section [Pastorstraße – driveway of the company premises] that highlights the entrance of the new service building. The view into the garage will be reduced significantly, giving it a technical identity through the merging of the building with the operating trams below.
The planting of a new grove of trees along Pastorstraße will embed the building in a park-like surrounding which aligns with the alley of existing trees along Pastorstraße. The planting will consolidate the diffluent street area.
The façade is characterized by the vitality of carefully matched shades of colour. The quality criteria for the façade (functionality, aesthetics and liveliness) are developed.
The Bus:Stop Krumbach was initiated by the municipality of Krumbach, the Vorarlberger Architekturinstitut (VAI) and Architekturzentrum Wien (AzW) in 2012. In early 2013 seven architect offices were invited to design one bus stop each and collaborate with local architects during the period of building application and construction. The architects were given no limitations other than scale which was had to harmonize with the surrounding environment. The following architects were invited; Wang Shu / Amateur Architecture Studio, Smiljan Radic, Sou Fujimoto, Alexander Brodsky, Ensemble Studio, Atelier Vylder Winck Taillieu and our studio Rintala Eggertsson Architects of which all accepted the assignment.
The architects by the name of gaupenraub+/- consisting of Alexander Hagner and Ulrike Schartner have in cooperation with students from the University of Vienna and the association Vinzenzgemeinschaft St. Stephan developed and completed the project VinziRast-mittendrin in the 9th district of Vienna.