Article source: JBMC Architecture
Cidade Nova Metro Station and Footbridge are located on Presidente Vargas Avenue, Gamboa, downtown Rio de Janeiro. Already under construction in a stretch of elevated tracks, Cidade Nova will enable the integration between the two existing lines, playing a key role in the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Architects: João Batista Martinez Corrêa Architect
- Project: Cidade Nova Metro Station and Footbridge
- Location:Avenida Presidente Vargas, Rio de Janeiro, RJ – Brazil.
- Client/ Developer: Metro Rio
- Completion Date: 2010
- Size: 4297 sqm (Station), 1824 sqm (Footbridge)
- Awards: 1st Prize Magazine Arquitetura e Contrução – Category Urban Intervention – 2011 Shortlisted at World Architectural News Awards 2009 – Category “Urban Design”.
- Software used: AutoCAD and SketchUp