Article source: fabrikg
Located at 800 m (2 624 ft.) above sea level, in front ot the Sea of Cortez. Big Rock is on top of the foothills of Laguna Hills at the East Cape in Baja California Peninsula. The site is a twenty minute away off the grid [9 km] from the nearest town and is accessed by a dirt road. Part of trail that goes along the East Cape coast. The location of the plot it brings life to the actual architecture. The aim was to embrace and respect the site, the granite huge rocks and be part of them as main Architectural /Landscape element. So we define the boundaries within this rocks and the natural survey. The rest came with the solar studies to define the right location for each program, view and scale.
- Architects: fabrikg
- Project: Big Rock
- Location: Laguna Hills, East Cape, BCS, Mexico
- Photography: Fernando Garcia & Rodrigo Bongo
- Client: Kathy Christopherson
- Collaborators: Gonzalo Elizarraras, Marco Antonio Rico, Eduardo Manriquez, Arturo Ojeda, Luis Parra, Carlos Espino, Daniel Moyano, Rodrigo Ramos, Gina Mendoza.
- Interiors: Julieta Talamante / Villa Valentina
- Construction: Vimar Contactors
- Consulting: Earthdwell
- Project Area: 103m2 (AC) 340 sq ft (AC), 317m2 (tot) 1041 sq ft (tot)
Project Year: 2014