Posts Tagged ‘Bangkok’
Friday, April 28th, 2017
Article source: Maincourse Architect
ROOM Concept Store takes inspiration from the idea of a “designer’s studio”, a place where designs are derived and processed, where visitors explore, experiment, and appreciate creative thinking in an intriguing way.
The challenge is how the store could display these products in harmony without compromising their outstanding identities. The store is located in renovated space with limitation in width and height. Physical challenge of the site is to circulate traffic efficiently within the low-ceiling elongated site.
Image Courtesy © Maincourse Architect
- Architects: Maincourse Architect
- Project: ROOM Concept Store Siam Discovery
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Friday, March 24th, 2017
Article source: TOUCH Architect Co.,Ltd.
NJ Villa is a private residence owned by a couple, Nun and Jea. The name of this house derived from objectives that this villa should serve their lifestyles, and also represent their characters.
Land area of the house is 100 square wah (400 sq.m.) which is located in Bangkok, capital city of Thailand. The site is surrounded by other single detached house which has only the front side facing south, public street. Architectural design challenges to follow the context harmoniously.
Image Courtesy © Mr. Chalermwat Wongchompoo
- Architects: TOUCH Architect Co.,Ltd.
- Project: NJ Villa
- Location: Nawamin 40, Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Mr. Chalermwat Wongchompoo
- Owner: Mr. Veerawit Benjaboonyazit / Ms. Nuntha Naudomsup
- Principal Architect: Mr. Setthakarn Yangderm / Ms. Parpis Leelaniramol
- Contractor: OKCON Co., Ltd.
- Site Area: 100 sq.wa (400 sq.m.)
- Floor Area: 435 sq.m.
- Completion: 2017
Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Article source: Somdoon Architects
The design of Hasu Haus was aimed at reinterpreting the old way of living along with waterways, in context of modern life style and more density. The site is outside the city center of Bangkok, where the new developments are coming. Three of the sides are abutted by a house and future developments. The other side faces Prakanhong canal and an old Buddhist temple across.
Image Courtesy © Somdoon Architects
Friday, February 24th, 2017
Article source: Architectkidd
With over 10 million inhabitants, Bangkok continues to grow into its urban form. Architectkidd’s approach for The Street Ratchada attempts to introduce urban characteristics into a newly developing neighborhood outside of the central metropolitan area. Comprising of cafes, restaurants and other retail functions, The Street Ratchada creates new exterior and semi-interior urban spaces to engage with the surrounding people and community.
Image Courtesy © Architectkidd
- Architects: Architectkidd
- Project: The Street Ratchada
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017
Article source: JJA / Bespoke Architecture
The simple Hong Kong brick-and-mortar shop which opened in 2013, has been described by DestinAsian magazine as a “1950s American diner”, where the “pink-neon logo” and the “retro-tiled floor” suggests a Hong Kong style cafe where “Wong Kar-Wai meets Grease.” It is from this basis that designer, James JJ Acuna of JJA / Bespoke Architecture formulated the basis of their second global location, at the 72 Courtyard complex in Bangkok.
Image Courtesy © Ketsiree Wongwan
- Architects: JJA / Bespoke Architecture
- Project: Little Bao at 72 Courtyard
- Location: 530 Thong Lo 12 Alley, Khwaeng Khlong Tan Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Ketsiree Wongwan
- Software used: Autocad and SketchUp
- Client: May Chow
- Designer: James Acuna
- Completion Date: July 2016
Sunday, January 8th, 2017
Article source: OFFICE AT Co., Ltd.
The U38 house is located on soi Udomsuk 38 Bangkok, Thailand. The 400 sq. m. house was designed for a couple and a child in the site next to the husband existing family house surrounded by typical suburban houses.
Image Courtesy © Mr. Rungkit Charoenwat
- Architects: OFFICE AT Co., Ltd. (Mr. Surachai Akekapobyotin, Ms. Juthathip Techachumreon)
- Project: U38 House
- Location: Soi Udomsuk 38, Bangna, Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Mr. Rungkit Charoenwat
- Owner: Mr. Pongsak Korkiatsanti and Ms. Naruemon Tantikarun
- Interior Designer: OFFICE AT Co., Ltd.
- Landscape Designer: OFFICE AT Co., Ltd.
- Structural Engineer: Mr. Sarawut Yuanteng
- System Engineer: Mr. Petch Panyangam
- Contractor: S.P. Civil System Co., Ltd.
- Site Area: 368 sq. m.
- Area: 400 sq. m.
- Completion: 2014
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016
Article source: ASWA (Architectural Studio of Work – Aholic)
ASWA (Architectural Studio of Work – Aholic) designed the solid concrete studio + gallery situated in Bangkok, Thailand. The private studio and gallery of the Thai artist, who preferred privacy of his daily life from the neighborhood, has only single opening view from the street to communicate with its surrounding but has surprisingly interior space.
The solid concrete box with only one opening to connect the street outside, Image Courtesy © ASWA (Architectural Studio of Work – Aholic)
Friday, November 4th, 2016
Article source: OPENSPACE DESIGN
“Wind House” was created as “Resort Space” which was the owner’s preference style regarding the site conditions. As it was located on the edge of the housing estate project’s boundary, it gained the view of big natural green area beside and certainly, the atmosphere of tranquility.
Image Courtesy © OPENSPACE DESIGN
- Architects: OPENSPACE DESIGN
- Project: Wind House
- Location: Noble Residence, Bangkok, Thailand
- Client: Janphim Sukumaratat
- Structural Engineer: EDA Consultant
- M&E Engineer: EDA Consultant
- Contractor: Nai Chang Thai
- Gross Floor Area: 675 Sq.m.
- Construction Cost: 35 Million THB
- Commencement: 2010
- Completion: 2013
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016
Article source: PHTAA Living Design
Keaton by PHTAA Living design is the modern vintage tailor shop which located in downtown of Bangkok. With the commercial context, independent retail, bar and cafe. Keaton well-blends with surrounding. The look of vintage fashionable guy reflect on the shop’s atmosphere.
Image Courtesy © PHTAA Living Design
- Architects: PHTAA Living Design
- Project: Seaming micro architecture to the gentleman society
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Saturday, October 29th, 2016
Article source: JUNSEKINO Architect and Design CO,.LTD.
‘Sometimes, an ordinary brick wishes to be something beyond itself.”
These words truly portray the potential of an ordinary material; the comprehension of a material which is considered as the petite component that can be composed as the architecture. The initiation of the project with the primary concept that focuses on the curiosity of the most common material, a brick.
Image Courtesy © JUNSEKINO Architect and Design CO,.LTD.
- Architects: JUNSEKINO Architect and Design CO,.LTD.
- Project: Ngamwongwan House
- Location: Bangkhen, Bangkok, Thailand
- Owner: Mr. Piti Savasdivongsa
- Interior designer: JUNSEKINO ARCHITECT AND DESIGN CO.,LTD
- Builder: Mr. Jarin Dejchutrakul
- Structural engineer: Mr. Nares Kamplaew
- Building Area: 235 m2
- Completion: 2012-2014