Posts Tagged ‘Barcelona’
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
Article source: Miriam Castells Studio
Cugat Natura consists of 32 independent living apartments in Sant Cugat del Vallés, Barcelona. Located next to Sant Cugat´s Golf, the facilities are age-restricted multifamily rental properties that provide residents access to meals and among other services such as housekeeping, linen service, transportation, and social and recreational activities.
Image Courtesy © Olga Planas
- Architects: Miriam Castells Studio
- Project: Residencial Cugat Natura
- Location: Sant Cugat del Vallés, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Olga Planas
- Client: Inverfiatc S.A.
- Project management: Joaquim Rigau
- Architecture: JF Arquitectes
- Facilities Engineering: GEPRO Engineering
- Lighting Multipurpose Space: La invisible, Maria Güell
- Illustration-Decorative Vinyls: Chispum
- Constructora: Construcciones PAI
- Surface: 19.000m2
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
Article source: LoCa Studio
L’Actiu is an opportunity to create a warm atmosphere using practical and simple elements that add flexibility and versatility.
Mediterranean and colorful elements define the space indoors as well as outdoors to transform the original aseptic space into a welcoming place. The new restaurant in Barcelona Activa wants to be a reference in gastronomy, cultural events and after work meetings.
Image Courtesy © Pol Viladoms
- Architects: LoCa Studio
- Project: L’Actiu Restaurant
- Location: Poble Nou, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Pol Viladoms
- Lead Architects: Carlota Casanova, Daniel Lorenzo, Marta García Granell, Lara Ferrer, Sònia Lamesa
- Other participants: Pelayo Méndez, Graphic Design: Rombus, Marta García Granell, Lara Ferrer, Pablo Martinez, Mar Santamaria
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 300m2
- Completion Year: 2015
Wednesday, July 5th, 2017
Article source: Marc Rabassa Piera (Ral)
The volumetric envelope is almost the first of the premises when confronting preexisting and program requirements. The contradiction between a latent hostility in an apparent idyllic condition of the place is also.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Marc Rabassa Piera (Ral)
- Project: Single Family House Castelldefels
- Location: C/ Santacana, Castelldefels (Barcelona)
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Software used: Autocad and Rhinoceros
- Quantity surveyor: Juli M Rodés
- Structure calculation: Enrique Miró
- Engineering: TDI
- Gross Built Area: 250 sqm
- Completion Year: 2017
Thursday, June 29th, 2017
Article source: PICHARCHITECTS
This report is about the integral remodeling of Aura’s insurance company building, located in the urban center of Santa Coloma de Gramenet, inside the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
The project main objectives are the integral remodelling of the current building in order to update and revitalize its image from the street side view, make flexible, optimize and modernize the interior spaces, as so to adequate the building’s overall to its new needs and accessibility.
Image Courtesy © Simón García
- Architects: PICHARCHITECTS
- Project: Aura Seguros
- Location: Santa Coloma De Gramenet, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Simón García and Alberto Tallón
- Software used: Revit
- Main team: Felipe Pich-Aguilera, Teresa Batlle, Margherita Aricó, Jordi Camps, Jordi París, Pau Casaldaliga, Ute Müncheberg, Angel Sendarrubias
- Structures: Angel Sendarrubias
- Installations: RAC Arquitectura
- Measuring, budget and executive management: Enric Vijande
- Construction company: Calaf
- Remodeling surface: 1194,07 m2
- Construction ending: 2016
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: Dear Design
DearDesign has unveiled the design of the second MYNT store, which has 22m2 and is located in the SPLAU shopping center in Cornellá, Barcelona.
The premise for the design was to create an iconic space that reflected the fresh and cosmopolitan spirit of the brand, following the thread of the first store, with a concept adaptable to any property and versatile when exposing the product. It should also be a design that could be quickly built and with a moderate cost.
Image Courtesy © Xavi Torrent
- Architects: Dear Design
- Project: New Mynt Store
- Location: Cornellá, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Xavi Torrent
- Creative director: Ignasi Llauradó
- Collaborators: Juan Verdeguer, Anna Garreta, Adriana Camps
- Year: 2017
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: MESURA
The popular Mercat de la Barceloneta has from last month of April a new local gastronomic reference point “Caballa Canalla”, placed in the center of this traditional neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © MESURA
- Architects: MESURA
- Project: Caballa Canalla Restaurant
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
Sunday, May 14th, 2017
Article source: Dear Design studio
The new Creative Research Park of Barcelona is located in the Canòdrom, an emblematic rationalist building designed by the Catalan architect Antoni Bonet i Castellana in 1961, that used to work as a greyhound track.
After the building refurbishment in 2016, Dear Design Studio won the competition for the building’s interior design, and also proposed the corporate identity and signage design, to give the project greater coherence. The challenge was to adapt the facilities of the former greyhound stadium to its new function as a flexible and dynamic space for startups and technology companies in the creative and cultural industries. At the same time, Dear Design proposed to stimulate the neighbourhood by including technological interventions that reflect the processes developed in the building.
Image Courtesy © aitorestevez
- Architects: Dear Design studio
- Project: Canodròm, Creative Research Park
- Location: Carrer de la Riera d’Horta, 3, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: aitorestevez
- Client: Barcelona City Council
- Design: Dear Design
- Creative Director: Ignasi Llauradó
- Collaborators: Paulina Calcagno, Sebastián Pereira, Laia Freixes, Cristina Anglès, Fran Rodríguez.
- Graphic Design: Jordi Rins
- Surface Area: 2312m2
- Year: 2016
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017
Article source: IAAC FAB Lab Barcelona
LEKA is an open source restaurant locally manufactured in the 22@ Poblenou district of Barcelona, developed and fabricated by IAAC FAB Lab Barcelona (http://fablabbcn.org/) in collaboration with a network of local dealers and workshops. The project is conceived as an open source platform, where all the knowledge involved (from the design to the recipes, the nutrition tips etc.) is shared and available on the restaurant’s web site (http://www.restauranteleka.com/).
Image Courtesy © Javier Callejas Sevilla
- Architects: IAAC FAB Lab Barcelona
- Project: LEKA Open Source Restaurant
- Location: Poblenou, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Javier Callejas Sevilla
Sunday, April 16th, 2017
Article source: ARQUITECTURA-G
The land where we intervene is a flat and elongated plot of 7.000m2 in the outskirts of Santa Margarida de Montbui. The plot initially had a building for agricultural use in a state of ruin that we were asked to transform into a single-family housing. The building regulations, according to which the pre-existing construction was considered as a farmhouse despite of being just a hut with fibrocement rooftop, didn´t allow any modification in terms of volumetrics and façade openings.
Image Courtesy © José Hevia
- Architects: ARQUITECTURA-G
- Project: Refurbishment of a country house
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Refurbished area: 200m²
- Year of completion: 2016
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017
Article source: Egue y Seta
Whether you like it or not, Barcelona, for many non-locals, is also, a beach. A beach bathing the shores of an open-air museum, a coast line bursting with tapas bars and the seafront of a real city with its very own customs and history. But always, even more so during the summer, a beach. A beach that attracts real estate investors who want to turn the whole into a touristic resort, but also a spot that catches the eye and stills the heart of young couples in love that, in the antipodes of the above, try to capture the very essence of the Barcelonian´s way of life in a few square meters with a view to turn them into their own summer private retreat. This was the case of Jacques and Hannes and their cozy little flat in the heart of the traditional fisherman´s neighborhood of La Barceloneta.
Image Courtesy © VICUGO FOTO
- Architects: Egue y Seta With direct involvement of: Daniel Pérez, Felipe Araujo, Gaia Trotta, Szymon Keller y Covadonga Díaz
- Project: Urban beach home
- Location: Barcelona, La Barceloneta, Spain
- Photography: VICUGO FOTO
- Construction company: Habitat S.L
- Carpentry: Wooden Disseny9Evo
- Area: 40m2
- Completion date: 2016