Article source: Siebold Nijenhuis Architecten
The newly build multifunctional accommodation (MFA) Zichtwei is the closing piece of the education campus in Barendrecht (just South of Rotterdam). The term MFA is commonly used in The Netherlands for a combination of occupants sharing one multi-functional building. In the MFA Zichtwei two schools are sharing the available class rooms, a sports hall is included and a youth center occupies offices and an event space. The sports hall is daily occupied by the school and can also be used by neighborhood associations during evenings as a separate entrance is designed.
- Architects: Siebold Nijenhuis Architecten
- Project: MFA Zichtwei
- Location: Haarspitwei 9 2992 ZB Barendrecht, The Netherlands
- Photography: Menno Emmink
- Software used: AutoCad and Revit
- Client: Municipality of Barendrecht
- Lead project architect: Siebold Nijenhuis
- Technical detailing: Broekbakema
- Structural engineer: Van Rossum Advisory Engineers b.v.
- Installation advisor: Vintis installatieadviseurs
- Contractor: WBC Bouwgroep / Bussman Winterswijk B.V
- Surface: 2.300 m2
- Completion: May 2016