Article source: v2com
How to fit into a site at the heart of an overall restructuring project on a city-wide scale and design an extension on an already very crowded plot of land?
As one consistent entity, the Sports Centre pulls together a large number of elements from different briefs, i.e. an already-existing gymnasium, swimming pool and indoor tennis courts with the creation of a multi-purpose arena, a boxing hall, a bodybuilding hall, two dojos, a football pitch with stands, outdoor tennis courts and a clubhouse.
The new building fits in as a unique wing to the west of the existing L-shaped buildings, unifying the whole in a U configuration.
This creates an inner courtyard, a genuine place to breathe between buildings and a generator of light that unifies all access points.
- Architects: aEa, agence Engasser+associés
- Project: The House of Sports in Bezons
- Location: Bezons, France
- Photography: Mathieu Ducros-Opictures
- Client: Sadev 94—Bezons City
- Engineer: Incet
- Budget: 7.3 M€ HT With 1.2 M€ for outdoors
- Area: 3,080 m² SP – 2,320 m² SU
- Project year: 2017 (3 months studies, 12 months construction work)