Article source: Footprint Architects
This second addition to the Victorian Grade 2 listed school building, is a new translucent inside outside space designed as a sensory classroom environment that enables free flow for foundation level children.
The school were keen that the new space allowed them to enlarge the existing reception year intake and enable children to have direct access to the play space whilst improving visibility and supervision for teachers.
- Architects: Footprint Architects (Peter Ward)
- Project: Downton Primary School
- Location: Bournemouth, UK
- Photography: Alex Campbell
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Completion: December 2015