Article source: gmp
The new development is located in a central position at the foot of the Brauhausberg, a traditional leisure andb day-trip destination, and the established location of the city’s largest swimming pool complex. As a multifunctional building for all activities involving water, the new pool complex offers significantly more facilities compared to the popular but outdated existing facility built during GDR times. The public municipal baths are expected to draw increasing numbers of visitors and, on that basis, occupy a key position for preserving the special qualities of this part of the city, which – in the wake of numerous new construction projects – is experiencing a revival.
- Architects: gmp
- Project: Sports and leisure pool complex
- Location: Potsdam, Germany
- Design: Volkwin Marg and Hubert Nienhoff with Kristian Spencker
- Project leader: Kristian Spencker, Michael Scholz
- Team, competition: Veit Lieneweg, Silvia Schneider, Katja Godejohann, Daniel Tomé, Oliver Boersch, Arihan Senocak
- Team, implementation: Silvia Schneider, Katja Godejohann, Kerstin Fuchs, Claudia Chiappini, Chris Hättasch, Christiane Putschke-Tomm, Julia Hilgenberg, Katerine Witte, Elke Glass, Katrin Karos, Sophie-Charlotte Altrock
- Consortium: HMI Hartwich/Mertens/Ingenieure Planungsgesellschaft für Bauwesen mbH, big Bechtold Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH, Capatti Staubach – urbane Landschaften
- Client: Stadtwerke Potsdam GmbH.
- GFA: 19,000 m²