Article source: Robert M. Gurney
Located in Cabin John, Maryland, this 4,900 square foot house is sited at the end of a manicured lawn, and looks over the edge of a steeply sloping wooded site adjacent to the C&O Canal and the Potomac River. A light-filled double height circulation axis separates the house’s main volumes, while transverse axes further organize the spaces. Glass and steel bridges cross the circulation space to connect the volumes on the second floor. Primary living spaces bounded by large expanses of glass are oriented towards the river, while secondary spaces open to the lawn.
- Architects: Robert M. Gurney (Brian Tuskey)
- Project: Riggins House
- Location: Cabin John, Maryland
- Photography: Maxwell MacKenzie
- General Contractor: Sandy Spring Builders
- Interior Designer: Therese Baron Gurney, ASID