Posts Tagged ‘California’
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
Article source: Blitz Architecture + Interiors
Audentes Therapeutics is a biotechnology company that is pioneering the development and commercialization of gene therapy treatments for people with serious and rare diseases. They take pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research, medical, and business communities with whom they work to improve the lives of patients.
To accommodate their growing team, Audentes hired Blitz to design 22,000 square feet of office space over two floors in a multi-floor, class-A office building in San Francisco, California. The new office includes both open office and private office workstations; a collaborative all hands space; conference center; and collaborative work cafe. The office also offers stunning views of several San Francisco landmarks including Coit Tower and the Transamerica Pyramid.
Image Courtesy © Jasper Sanidad
- Architects: Blitz Architecture + Interiors
- Project: Audentes Therapeutics Office
- Location: 600 California Street, 16th and 17th Floors, San Francisco, CA
- Photography: Jasper Sanidad
- Software used: REVIT
- Seth Hanley: Principal-in-Charge
- Abby Lubniewski: Project Designer
- Abby Berube: Furniture Specialist
- Kimberley O’Dowd: Construction Administration
- John Hunter: Specifications
- Size: 22,000 SF
- Completion: April 2016
Thursday, July 21st, 2016
Article source: Gensler
The Gensler designed AltaSea project is a campus for innovation situated at City Dock #1 in the Port of Los Angeles. Along the 35 acre-campus, historic buildings and new architecture are woven together via public parks and plazas, and connected to the district’s growing waterfront. The project brings together people to expand science-based understanding of the ocean; incubate and sustain ocean-related businesses; and pioneer new ocean-related education programs. AltaSea inspires its users, visitors, and the creators of the next generation to live a more sustainable life through its research and connection to the ocean.
ALTASEA CAMPUS AERIAL VIEW, Image Courtesy © Gensler
- Architects: Gensler
- Project: ALTASEA
- Location: City Dock #1, The Port of Los Angeles, San Pedro, California, U.S.A
- Design Team: Gensler
- Gensler Team: Li Wen, Peter Barsuk, Melanie McArtor, John Martin, Joe Tarr, Marc Cucco, Daniel Lee, Robert Garlipp, Nambi Gardner, Elizabeth Brink
- Primary consultants: Dangermond Keane Architecture, Rios Clementi Hale Landscape Architecture, Holmes Culley Structural Engineer, GLUMAC MEP Engineer, KPFF Civil Engineer, Page and Turnbull Historic, TJP Engineering Seawater System
- Berth 56 = 40,000 SF
- Warehouse 57 = 62,000 SF
- Warehouses 58,59,60 = 180,000 SF
- Completion: Phased from 2017 – 2023
Wednesday, July 20th, 2016
Article source: Laurie C Fisher, Architect
San Diego-based Laurie C Fisher, Architect, has completed the exterior remodel of a 2,480-square-foot, two-story private residence in the Ocean Beach community of San Diego. The project also included the addition of a front porch and patio, as well as re-landscape of the 1,000-square-foot front yard.
Image Courtesy © Laurie C Fisher, Architect
- Architects: Laurie C Fisher, Architect
- Project: Exterior Transformation of Ocean Beach McNamara Residence
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
Thursday, July 14th, 2016
Article source: Stephen Phillips Architects (SPARCHS)
Challenging the local San Francisco vernacular with powerful contemporary style, this new apartment building designed by Stephen Phillips Architects (SPARCHS) plays with viewer perception to create dramatic visual and spatial effects.
Image Courtesy © Tim Griffith Photography
- Architects: Stephen Phillips Architects (SPARCHS)
- Project: Linden Street Apartments
- Location: San Francisco, California, USA
- Photography: Tim Griffith Photography
- Software used: Rhino, Maya, Autocad, and Adobe illustrator and photoshop
- Project Team: Sam Clovis, Cameron Helland, Richard Porter, Andrew Wright, David Stamatis, Franco Zaragoza, Stephen Becker, Domini Padua, Trevor Larsen
- Client: Hayes Valley Properties
- Contractor: Kevin Webb Construction
- Structural Engineer: Double D Engineering
- Area: 4,200 sq. ft.
- Completed: 2016
Wednesday, July 6th, 2016
Article source: Design Initiatives
The latest Design Initiatives project is for a new ground-up construction of 2 story single family house with 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in charming Mar Vista area of Los Angeles, California.
It has minimal, clean, soft and organically waived surfaces for relaxing and joyful experience what resting at home should be. In the same time the very practical and functional layout will support the young couple with two kids in their everyday routine.
Image Courtesy © Design Initiatives
- Architects: Design Initiatives
- Project: Mar Vista House
- Location: Los Angeles, California, U.S.A
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3D MAX with V-Ray, Photoshop
- Credits : Design Initiatives – Vlado Valkof, Ana Veselinova, Constantine Dimitrov, Konstantin Kyosev, Elena Takova; MS Consulting – structural; Perfect Design – MEP & environmental
- Area: 3,220 sq. ft.
- Date: 2016
- Status: Under construction
Thursday, June 23rd, 2016
Article source: Surfacedesign, Inc
The Dundee Residence landscape transforms a simple pool deck and poorly maintained hillside landscape into an exuberant space for living and entertaining, and ultimately a dynamic play space for a mother (and Hollywood stylist) and her young children. The house was built speculatively in the 1990’s and designed to mimic the steep architectural pedigrees of its international style neighbors. Dundee sits perched high in the hills with sweeping views of Downtown Los Angeles to the South and the chaparral hills of Griffith Park to the east. Located in hills above the Los Feliz, the neighborhood is home to actors, rockstars and Hollywood elite and to some of LA’s most significant architecture, including Frank Llloyd Wright’s Ennis-Brown House and Richard Neutra’s Lovell Health House.
Image Courtesy © Surfacedesign, Inc
Saturday, June 11th, 2016
Article source: VerteX design studio
New construction of Modern design architecture in the heart of Brentwood features 5 Bedroom and 5.5 baths with open floor plan design is good for entertaining and family living. Double height entry foyer invites you to the living room with fireplace and lounge area, large dining room design for large parties to be served. Large glazing adjoining the dining room with open industrial staircase bring natural light into the middle of the house.
Image Courtesy © VerteX design studio
- Architects: VerteX design studio
- Project: 417 S. Gretna Green Way
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Tuesday, June 7th, 2016
Article source: v2com
The Windhover Contemplative Center was named a finalist in the 4th Annual Architizer A+Awards in the Cultural: Religious Buildings & Memorials category. This year’s awards, honoring the best architecture, spaces, and products from across the globe, received thousands of entries from more than 95 countries.
The Windhover Contemplative Center, designed by Aidlin Darling Design, is a spiritual retreat on the Stanford campus to promote and inspire personal renewal. Using Nathan Oliveira’s meditative Windhover paintings as a vehicle, the center provides a refuge from the intensity of daily life. It is intended for quiet reflection throughout the day for any Stanford student, faculty, or staff member, as well as for members of the larger community.
The Center is conceived of as a unification of art, landscape and architecture to replenish and invigorate the spirit, Image Courtesy © Matthew Millman
- Architects: Aidlin Darling Design
- Project: Windhover Contemplative Center
- Location: Stanford, California, United States
- Photography: Matthew Millman
- Software used: Vectorworks
Saturday, June 4th, 2016
Article source: v2com
Hupomone Ranch is an original 160-acre homestead located in the Chileno Valley, just three miles west of downtown Petaluma. The ranch had been fallow for over 30 years and the owners, a young family with three children, wanted to build a barn house that would reflect their commitment to sustainable farming, draw on the natural serenity of the site and build on the sense of place in western Petaluma where farming and ranching are still a part of people’s daily lives.
Image Courtesy © David Wakely
Saturday, June 4th, 2016
Article source: Klopf Architecture
The owners came to Klopf Architecture with a clear vision: Create a brighter home with clean lines and visual surprises – but that enhances the Eichler vernacular – that blurs the boundaries between inside and outside and supports “modern living”.
Image Courtesy © Mariko Reed
- Architects: Klopf Architecture
- Project: San Francisco Eichler Remodel
- Location: San Francisco, California, USA
- Photography: Mariko Reed
- Software used: ArchiCAD version 16
- Project Team: John Klopf, AIA, Jackie Detamore, AIA, Klara Kevane, and Yegvenia Torres-Zavala
- Landscape Architect: Outer Space Landscape Architects
- Contractor: San Francisco Design and Construction
- Cabinetry: Benchmarc Woodworking
- Zinc Panels: Product and Design Metalwork
- Year completed: 2015