Article source: GPY Arquitectos
The San Bernardo Cultural Centre is located in a rural town, on a small plot with a basically square ground plan, fifteen metres per side. The programme for the Centre includes an assembly hall, which is to operate as a multipurpose space for holding conferences, exhibitions and performances, and three workshops, also seen as highly versatile spaces that can operate as classrooms, meeting rooms or as a small library, depending of the needs of each moment.
- Architects: GPY Arquitectos – Juan Antonio González Pérez, Urbano Yanes Tuña
- Project: San Bernardo Cultural Centre
- Location: Plaza San Bernardo, Los Silos, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán, José Ramón Oller, J.A. González, Urbano Yanes
- Client: Tenerife Island Council
- Contract: UTE Centro Cultural San Bernardo
- Constructed Surface: 494,50 sqm
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Awards: ar+d Award for Emerging Architects. Prize Winner.
Premios FAD de Arquitectura e Interiorismo. Finalist.
Premio Manuel de Oráa y Arcocha. Honourable Mention.