Article source: Arhitektura Krušec
The town market is situated in the heart of the city. Ever since it was formed, in the middle of the previous century, the market has represented the centre of urban activity in the city.
In contrast to the old market, the new development is designed as an extrovert urban area, a kind of covered city square which is inextricably linked to the surrounding urban space.
- Architects: Arhitektura Krušec
- Project: New market
- Location: Celje, Slovenia
- Photography: Miran Kambič
- Client: Municipality of Celje and CMC Celje
- Authors: Lena Krušec, Tomaž Krušec and Vid Kurinčič
- Colaborators: Tina Mikulič, Vanja Milosavljevič, Jurij Nemec, Matej Nolda, Jan Šavli and Miha Žargi
- Competition: 2006 (1. Prize)
- Construction: 2009