Article source: Pierre Marchand Architectes
At the request of long time clients, we designed and supervised the construction of a new cabin in the Chamonix valley.
The site is located within a residential compound built in the 50’s. A cabin dating from the original master plan was on the lot.
The location benefits from sweeping and stunning views over the Mont Blanc skyline. This majestic view was the starting point of the design.
- Architects: Pierre Marchand Architectes
- Project: Cabin
- Location: Chamonix valley, France
- Photography: Pascal Tournaire
- Architects in charge: Pierre Marchand, Jean-Valère Gaultier
- Construction managers: ERM
- Structural Engineering: Stebat
- Thermal and Fluids Engineering: Cetralp
- Manufacturers: Alpal, Atre & Loisirs, Bouygues Energie, Covermetal, Domokit, Dubourgeat, Fauvel, Normandy Ceramics, L’atelier De Menuiserie, Mgs, Mignola, Mont Blanc Materiaux, Nordique France, Oxali, Perrin, Techni Resine
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 250 m²
- Completion Year: 2016