Posts Tagged ‘Chile’
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Article source: Cristián Izquierdo Lehmann
Located on the western shore of Lake Ranco, in the south of Chile, this vacation house has the capacity to host up to 18 people. The main challenge of the project was to make a compact villa composed by relatively independent parts.
Image Courtesy © Cristián Izquierdo Lehmann
Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Article source: Gonzalo Mardones V
MO House is located at an area of steep slope facing the sea coast of Chile in the commune of Zapallar. The house is buried with clearly no intention to interrupt the wonderful view to the horizon from the public road,so it is accessed by stairs and ramps going deep into the mountain to discover again, from inside the house, the sea, coast and breaker.
Image Courtesy © Nico Saieh
- Architects: Gonzalo Mardones V
- Project: Casa MO
- Location: Zapallar, Chile
- Photography: Nico Saieh
- Software used: Archicad
- Engineer: Ruiz y Saavedra
- Lighting Designer: Paulina Sir
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Article source: GUBBINS ARQUITECTOS
The building is placed in southern Panguipulli. It pretends to strengthen a nice place for the kids, respectful with human and city scale. An architecture that either being contemporary reminds shapes and groupings typical of the southern Chilean architecture, it is sustainable, able of being in contact with its surroundings, and that due to the buildings that are around the terrainare generated the necessary spaces for the teaching.
Image Courtesy © MARCOS MENDIZABAL
- Architects: GUBBINS ARQUITECTOS
- Project: EDIFICIO ESCUELA MANUEL ANABALON SAEZ
- Location: Panguipulli, Chile
- Photography: MARCOS MENDIZABAL
- Software used: Autocad, Sketch up
- COLLABORATORS: DANIELA TORM, ANDRES CEA, PABLO MONTECINOS
- PROJECT YEAR: 2009
- BUILDING YEAR: 2011-2013
- LAND SURFACE: 13960 M2
- BUILT SURFACE: 3800 M2
- STRUCTURAL INGINEER: MAURICIO ABELLA
- SOIL INGENIEERS: MANUEL RUZ
- SERVICES CONSULTANT: PATRICIO MOYA
- ELECTRICITY CONSULTANT: CARLOS GANA
- CLIMATE CONSULTANT: PABLO SILLS
- ACOUSTIC CONSULTAN: MARIO HUAQUIN
- CLIMA CONSULTANT: OSVALDO BUSTAMANTE
Tuesday, August 19th, 2014
Article source: CO2 Arquitectos
The House of Tunquén is situated at an intermediate level that occurs at a terrain with a slight slope facing the North front of the Casablanca stream wetland. The house is intended as a decomposing horizontal block eventually converting into a forest.
The private enclosures are lifted up from the ground with the purpose of leveling everything over the depth of the natural landscape and can be accessed by a gallery surrounded by a section of native vegetation.
Image Courtesy © Productora AndesEmpire
- Architects: CO2 Arquitectos (Arq. Cristián Oliva C. – Arq. Camilo Oliva A.)
- Project: SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENCE
- Location: Tunquén, Chile
- Photography: Productora AndesEmpire
- Construction: CO2 Arquitectos.
- Calculations of structure: Juan Martínez.
- (Used) Materials: Wood, Glass, Concrete.
- Interior surface: 127m2.
- Terrace: 80m2.
- Year: 2013
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Article source: Sebastián Bravo
This project is located on the top floor of a building formerly occupied by textile workshops, in the Patronato area of Santiago.
Image Courtesy © Martín Bravo
- Architects: Sebastián Bravo
- Project: SMOG
- Location: Patronato, Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Martín Bravo
- Project Area: 140 sqm
- Construction Year: 2010
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Article source: Nicolas Loi
The house is located in LoCurro, a residential area of Santiago, Chile. The area has some hills and forest, with a great view of the city of Santiago. The design strategy is based on a 7 x 25 meter rectangle, located over an existing parking space.
The ground level of the house is a continuous space than contains the family area, living room, dining room, kitchen and an interior courtyard. The bedrooms are located in the first floor, and there is a rooftop terrace on the top of the house.
Image Courtesy © Marcos Mendizabal
- Architects: Nicolas Loi
- Project: Lo Curro House
- Location: Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Marcos Mendizabal
- Site Area: 5.000 sqmt.
- Built Area: 250sq. mt.
- Project year: 2011
- Construction year: 2012-2013
Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Article source: Planmaestro & Cristián Schmitt Rivera
This project involved designing a house for a young couple. Formally is a simple volume, consisting of two slabs, floor and ceiling.
The concrete structure was left in sight, untouched, in contrast to the wooden elements, windows, counters, furniture and doors, which give coziness to the house.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Jacob, Mathias Jacob, Alejandro Galarce.
- Architects: Planmaestro
- Project: House in Peñalolén
- Location: Peñalolén, Chile
- Photography: Andrea Jacob, Mathias Jacob, Alejandro Galarce.
- Program: Housing
- Structural Engineer: Pedro Bartolomé
- Construction: Alejandro Galarce
- Project Year: 2006
- Year Built: 2008
- Built area: 150 m2
- Materiality: Concrete, Wood.
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Article source Planmaestro & Cristián Schmitt Rivera
The commission was to design a small house for a young couple, to be placed north of an existing house on the same family lot. The site, located at the suburb of El Arrayán and approximately 1000 meters above sea level, has a steep slope to the south-east, that opens a dramatic view of the valley in that direction.
Image Courtesy © Mathias Jacob
- Architects: Planmaestro & Cristián Schmitt Rivera
- Project: House in ElArrayán
- Location: ElArrayán, Chile
- Photography: Mathias Jacob
- Program: Housing
- Structural engineer: Eduardo Zégers
- Project: 2009
- Year built: 2009
- Built area: 107 m2
- Materiality: Steel, Wood, Fiber-cement siding.
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Article source: Raimundo Anguita
The area is located in Vitacura’s commune, in a residential zone of the 80s where it has begun a renovation of the constructions The order consisted of a modern house for a large family
Image Courtesy © Oliver Yaneza
- Architects: Raimundo Anguita
- Project: ARTIAGOITIA HOUSE
- Location: Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Oliver Yaneza
- Software used: Auto cad
- Design year: 2010
- Construction year: from 2011 to 2012
- Site area: 1100 m2
- Building area: 260 m2
- Total floor area: 440 m2
Wednesday, July 16th, 2014
Article source: enrique browne y arquitectos asociados
The Project is the transformation of a 20 year old apartment in a historicist building. Since it´s located in the 6th floor, it has excellent views to a big green area to the west. The remodeling considered a different program from its original, plus a guest room. This and other reasons influenced in the desire of generating bigger and more integrated spaces. The possibilities of intervention were very restrictive because: a) It was a requirement to keep the exterior untouched; b) Almost all the walls were of structural reinforced concrete, and; c) the floor-ceiling height was very low.
Image Courtesy © Felipe Fontecilla
- Architects: enrique browne y arquitectos asociados
- Project: Apartment Refurbishment
- Location: Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Felipe Fontecilla
- Collaborators: Hernán Fontaine, Agustín Infante y Nicolás Saieh
- Constructor: Empresa Constructora Mena e Infante
- Built surface: 294 m2
- Project year: 2007
- Construction year: 2008