Posts Tagged ‘China’
Tuesday, March 15th, 2016
Article source: Raynon Chui Design
The site is located at the North East corner of Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, within close proximity of the Shizimen Commercial District. The site’s North East is in close with the sea and enjoys excellent sea view and view resources. The site is only separated Macau by a river and enjoys the view of landmark of Macau such as the Macau Tower, MGM and the Grand Lisboa. Taipa is 200m to the north of the site and it is situated on an excellent location.
Image Courtesy © Raynon Chui Design
- Architects: Raynon Chui Design
- Project: Lotus Square Art Center
- Location: Shizimen Commercial District, Hengqin, Zhuhai, China
- Client: Guangdong HAKKA
- Main Materials: Steel, ow emissivity glass, marble, veneer, aluminum and textiles
- Year: March 2014
Friday, March 11th, 2016
Article source: 100architects
The proposal for Bar Rouge arises to reinterpret the known skyline of Shanghai.
To face this exercise we have imposed ourselves the requirement of pulling out the most recognizable feature of Bar Rouge, that specific thing which distinguishes Bar Rouge from the rest of clubs and bars in town.
That thing was clear for us; The stunning views of Shanghai’s most known skyline of Pudong.
Bar Rouge counts with Shanghai’s most privileged balcony, where you can sit down with your well served cocktail and enjoy the most amazing views over the new area of Pudong, which by themselves are an entertaining feature of Bar Rouge´s terrace.
Image Courtesy © 100architects
- Architects: 100architects
- Project: Red Rouge
- Location: Shanghai, China
Wednesday, March 9th, 2016
Article source: Spatial practice
“How can we create an alternate living environment for a harsh cold climate? Is it possible to create a residential tower that is closed for warmth but open for views and sunlight?”
The project is located in front of Zhongshan Park in Shenyang, China; where the temperature drops to -11°C in winters. The design catches the maximum amount of natural sunlight while providing a large thermal mass for insulation. The result is a living zigzag facade with winter gardens acting as a buffer zone for cold winters and creating an internalized view.
winter view, Image Courtesy © Spatial practice
- Architects: Spatial practice
- Project: Shenyang Aquatic Residential Tower
- Location: Shenyang, China
- Client: Confidential
- Project Team: Erik Amir, Dora Chi, Jason Loo, Ryo Otsuka, Eric Yuen
- Render: Karol Borkowski
- Project Area: 81,981 m2 (above ground) 28,329 m2 (below ground)
- Number of Stories: 29
- Building Height: 120m
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
Article source: Goettsch Partners, Inc.
Chicago-based architecture firm Goettsch Partners (GP) and Hong Kong-based multidisciplinary architecture and design studio Lead 8 have recently won the design competition for a new 264,000-square-meter multi-building mixed-use complex in Shanghai. The project is being developed by Financial Street Holding Co. Ltd., a leading commercial real estate developer based in Beijing, and will be located on two parcels just north of the Shanghai Railway Station.
Image Courtesy © Goettsch Partners, Inc.
- Architects: Goettsch Partners, Inc., LEAD 8
- Project: FINANCIAL STREET SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: LYCS Architecture
The interior space of Hangzhou V+ Lounge, which serves as the famous brand’s third branch in China after Beijing and Chengdu, is designed together by Studio Waffles and LYCS Architecture. The project is located at the southwest corner of the crossroad of Dongpo Rd. and Pinghai Rd, which is also the most flourishing commercial zone nearby West Lake. Meanwhile, the site is less than one hundred meters away from the largest flagship store of Apple in Asia.It is this unique location of the project that initiated the inspiration of translating the water of West lake into a design concept. Curves, mirrors and different lights are adopted to support this concept, thus integrating diverse sensory experiences of underwater, water surface as well as over-water as a whole interior space.
Image Courtesy © Studio Waffles + LYCS Architecture
- Architects: LYCS Architecture
- Project: V+ Lounge by the West Lake
- Location: Hangzhou, China
- Photography: Studio Waffles ,LYCS Architecture
- Design Team(Studio Waffles): Oscar Wang, Evan Wen, MI Anyu, Nissa Zhang
- Design Team(LYCS Architecture): RUAN Hao, HE Yulou, LAI Zhenyu, ZHANG Qiuyan, WU Miao, XU Weizhuo, XU Jing, LUO Jingzhong
- Interior Design: Studio Waffles + LYCS Architecture
- Size: 2779 sqm
- Project Date: 2015
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: Kengo Kuma & Associates
The folk art museum stands in the campus of China Academy of Arts in Hangzhou. The site was formerly a tea field that formed a hillside. Our point was to design a museum from which the ground below can be felt, by continuing the building’s floors that follow the ups and downs of the slope. Planning is based on geometric division in the units of parallelogram to deal with the intricate topography. Each unit has a small individual roof, so the outlook became like a village that evokes a view of extending tiled roofs.
Image Courtesy © Kengo Kuma & Associates
- Architects: Kengo Kuma & Associates
- Project: China Academy of Art Museum
- Location: Hangzhou, China
- Client: China Academy of Arts
- Program: museum, conference hall
- Structural Design: Konishi Structural Engineers
- Facility Design: P.T. Morimura & Associates
- Site area: 11,279㎡
- Total floor area: 4,970㎡
- Construction period: January2013 to September 2015
Thursday, February 25th, 2016
Article source: MVRDV
Located in the heart of Beijing, the 44.000 m2Chongwenmen M-cube aims to become a centralised hub for retail, cuisine and leisure on what is known as one of the City’s busiest areas. The plot sits next to the historic hutongs and Temple of Heaven, as well as new retail centres and the Beijing Railway Station, proving to have potential to be a key location for tourists and Beijing shoppers.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Chongwenmen M-Cube
- Location: Chongwenmen, Beijing, China
- Design Team: Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries with Wenchian Shi, FokkeMoerel, Nacho Velasco, AserGiménez, Wing Yun, Helen Tai, Antonio Coco, Leo Stuckardt, Jonathan Schuster, Bowen Zhu, Rune Veile.
- Co-architect: Xinjiyuan
- Landscape architect: Urbis Landscape
- Interior architect: AGC Design, HK
- Contractor: Gartner (Permasteelisa Group), Shanghai, CN
- Client: KWG Property, Beijing, China
- Size &Program: 44.000 m2 retail and dining including underground parking
- Year: 2012-2016
- Budget: Undisclosed
Friday, February 12th, 2016
Article source: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
A rehabilitation clinic in the Wuzhen landscape park in China completed by gmp
In Wuzhen, which is located one hundred kilometers to the south-west of Shanghai in the midst of one of China’s oldest cultivated areas, a rehabilitation clinic with the character of a hotel was built to a design by gmp, Architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners. The project is jointly funded by German hospital operators and Chinese partners and, with its special medical and architectural standards, addresses the more demanding standards within the Chinese health market.
Park with view of the orthopedics and apartment building, Image Courtesy © Christian Gahl
- Architects: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: Wuzhen Medical Park
- Location: Wuzhen, China
- Photography: Christian Gahl
- Client: YaDa International Holdings Ltd
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan and Stephan Schütz
- Project leader: competition Johann von Mansberg
- Competition team: Philipp Buschmeyer, Christian Machnacki, Fernando Nassare
- Project leaders: implementation Niklas Veelken, Chen Yue, Kristin Schoyerer
- Implementation team: Jan Deml, Yana Espanner, Maarten Harms, Bjoern Homann, Anna Jordan,Liu Yiangjao, Wang Yue, Wu Di, Xue Jing, Thilo Zehme, Zhou Bin
- GFA: 75,830 m2
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
Article source: C&C DESIGN CO., LTD.
The project take the logic of building space as a clue, take “window” for the basic symbol of design, the design make it became interesting interior facade through different scales and orientation of “window “on the premise of meet the function. “Window of the hall wall” like a rock wall of model gives the “Peak Realm” symbolic, and it communicated from inside to outside through the transparent building skin.
Image Courtesy © C&C DESIGN CO., LTD.
- Architects: C&C DESIGN CO., LTD.
- Project: Heaven Realm Garden Sales Center
- Location: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
- Design director: Peng zheng
- Design team: Peng zheng, xie zekun, wu jia
- Design area: 850M2
- Design date: January, 2015
- Completion date: August, 2015
Friday, February 5th, 2016
Article source: YANG Hotel Design Group
As the first new-oriental style boutique hotel in Shenzhen, Duoduo Group cooperates with YANG Hotel Design Group to build this HUI HOTEL. Hotel is located beside Shenzhen Central Park which has a one-thousand meters green belt, close to Huaqiang North, and is transformed from an old factory.
Image Courtesy © YANG Hotel Design Group
- Architects: YANG Hotel Design Group
- Project: HUI HOTEL Shenzhen
- Location: No. 3015, Hongli Road, Futian District, Shenzhen, China
- Principle Designers: Yang Bangsheng, Lai Guangshao
- Project elements: 85 rooms (suite), western restaurant, Chinese restaurant, reading room, gym, ballroom, swimming pool and other food and beverage recreation equipments
- Program: 10 000 sqm Interior design
- Usage area: 8 800 sqm
- Project period: 2010 – 2014