Posts Tagged ‘China’
Thursday, March 2nd, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Construction of Leeza Soho, a 46-storey (207m) mixed-use tower with the world’s tallest atrium, has reached level 20.
Within the Lize Financial Business District – a new business, residential and transport hub adjacent to Financial Road in southwest Beijing – Leeza Soho is located at the intersection of Lines 14 and 16 currently under-construction for the Beijing Subway rail network. Directly above the new interchange station, Leeza Soho connects with the city’s bus network on Lize Road to the north and Lou Tuo Wan East Road to the east.
Image Courtesy © MIR
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Leeza SOHO
- Location: Beijing, China
- Rendering: MIR
- Client: SOHO China Ltd.
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- Project Director: Satoshi Ohashi
- Project Associates: Kaloyan Erevinov, Ed Gaskin, Armando Solano
- Project Architect: Philipp Ostermaier
- Project Team:Yang Jingwen, Di Ding, Xuexin Duan, Samson Lee, Shu Hashimoto, Christoph Klemmt, Juan Liu, Dennis Brezina, Rita Lee, Seungho Yeo
- Competition Project Directors: Satoshi Ohashi and Manuela Gatto
- Competition Team Lead Designers: Philipp Ostermaier, Dennis Brezina, Claudia Dorner
- Competition Team: Yang Jingwen, Igor Pantic, Mu Ren, Konstantinos Mouratidis, Nicolette Chan, Yung-Chieh Huang
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Nansha Kingboard Free Trade Zone Mixed-use Project, designed by Aedas, is located in Guangzhou, the starting point of the ancient Maritime Silk Road. The site is an elongated, irregular-shaped plot with fantastic views of the Jiaomen River and Phoenix Lake.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Nansha Kingboard Free Trade Zone
- Location: Guangzhou, China
- Client: Guangzhou Zhanying Property Co., Ltd.
- Director: Ken Wai
- Gross floor area: 80,762 sqm
- Completion year: 2020
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017
Article source: Atelier Deshaus
The Tea House is located in an approximately 110 m2 little garden, where a tall paulownia stands and covers our little building under its huge crown. Before that, this small place could not be seriously called garden, for it was something residue left by two staircases connecting to the neighboring office. Therefore, how to make the Tea House occupy this space at a minimum level so as to form a garden, becomes a key point in the design process.
Image Courtesy © Tian Fangfang
- Architects: Atelier Deshaus
- Project: Tea House in Li Garden
- Location: Longteng Avenue Xuhui Area, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Tian Fangfang and Liu Yichun
- Client: Exception
- Sturcture Engineer: structure AND architecture OFFICE
- Design Team: Liu Yichun, Shen Wen, Wang Weishi
- Structure design: Zhang Zhun
- Landscape Design: July Cooperative Company
- Gross Floor Area: 19.0m2
- Design Period: 2015.09-2015.12
- Completion: 2016.06
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017
Article source: JJA / Bespoke Architecture
Upon the unveiling of the brand new 1120 sq.ft space housing the Elephant Grounds Coffee flagship in Hong Kong’s chic Star Street Precinct, the project, a work by JJA / Bespoke Architecture, immediately transformed the character of its own site and surrounding neighbourhood, through the passive performance of the design’s warm timber-based materials with an emphasis on spatial transparency through indoor-outdoor oriented planning.
Image Courtesy © Zach Hone
- Architects: JJA / Bespoke Architecture
- Project: Elephant Grounds Coffee on Star Street
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Photography: Zach Hone
- Software used: Autocad and SketchUp
- Client: Membership CO. LTD
- Designer: James Acuna
- Area: Wanchai
- Completion Date: June 2016
Thursday, February 9th, 2017
Article source: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
A new trade exhibition and congress center has been completed in Lianyungang, China to a design by architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp). The project was subject to an international competition, which was won by gmp. Situated in an urban development area between the city and the sea, the four large exhibition halls surround the congress area in the center of the building. The facades with their vertical incisions create the image of a barcode as a symbol of trade and commerce.
Lianyungang Industrial Exhibition Center, Image Courtesy © Christian Gahl
- Architects: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: Lianyungang Industrial Exhibition Center
- Location: Lianyungang, China
- Photography: Christian Gahl
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan and Stephan Schütz with Stephan Rewolle
- Competition project leaders: Patrick Pfleiderer, Christa Hillebrand
- Competition design team: Jan Peter Deml, Li Ling, Lu Yun, Wang Yan, Xie Fang, Zhao Jing, Thilo Zehme, Liu Mo
- Project leaders, detailed design: Christa Hillebrand, Wang Yan
- Detailed design team: Jan Peter Deml, Andreas Goetze, Guo Fuhui, Li Ling, Mulyanto, Matthias Wiegelmann, Zhao Jing, Liu Yuchen, Nian Tie, Shen Chen, Li Chen
- Client: Lianyungang Rui Hao Investment and Development Co., Ltd.
- GFA: 77,418 m² above ground, 11,179 m² below ground
Thursday, February 9th, 2017
Article source: People’s Architecture Office
Headquartered in Beijing, Xiaozhu commissioned People’s Architecture Office and People’s Industrial Design Office to design House Parts Office, their latest office space located in the city’s hi-tech center. Xiaozhu (literally ‘small pig’ but homophonous with ‘short stay’) is a peer-to-peer housing rental website. The startup is China’s rival to Airbnb and part of the country’s new ‘shared economy’.
Image Courtesy © People’s Architecture Office
- Architects: People’s Architecture Office
- Project: House Parts Office
- Location: Beijing, China
- Client: xiaozhu.com
- Principal: He Zhe, James Shen, Zang Feng
- Project Team: Jiang Hao, Zhang Zhen, Amy Song, Ren Depei, Chen Yihuai
- Area: 350 sqm
- Completion: July. 2016
Tuesday, February 7th, 2017
Article source: META-PROJECT
Unlike the introverted quality of the traditional courtyard house, the owner of this site asked for a variety of mix-use program, including tea house, dinning, party space, office, meeting, as well as dwelling and entertainment. Thecontemporary and sometime “public” program opened up the courtyard to become “extraverted”, so as to induce more human interactions. These required us to break the general understanding of the courtyard as an enclosed typology by introducing the experience of “meandering in the hutongs” into the courtyard, and the interventional approach was derived from the unfolding spatial narrative of hutong life.
West Elevation, Image Courtesy © Su Chen and Chun Fang
- Architects: META-PROJECT
- Project: Courtyard by the West Sea
- Location: West Sea, Beijing, China
- Photography: Su Chen and Chun Fang
- Design Team: Wang Shuo, Zhang Jing, Yaping Wu, Yin Cheng, Qianqian Chang, Han Wang, Guowei Zhang, Tian Lan
- Lighting Consultant: Xiaowei Han
- Area: 800 m2
- Date: April, 2013 – October, 2013
- Status: Construction Completed
Sunday, February 5th, 2017
Article source: META-Project
New Youth Commune, a mixed youth community, located on the edge of Vanke Songhua Lake Resort and bordering natural villages, contains 800 people with the upper space for Vanke staff, the middle rented to self-employed town people and the ground facilitating camping students while open to villagers.
Mountain view from the north side, Image Courtesy © Fang Chun，Chen Su
- Architects: META-Project
- Project: New Youth Commune
- Location: Ji Lin, Songhua Lake, China
- Photography: Fang Chun, Chen Su, Cao Shibiao
- Client: Vanke Songhua Lake Resort
- Design Team: Wang Shuo，Zhang Jing， Cao Shibiao， Lan Tian，Wu Yaping，Zhao Yu
- Lighting Consultant: Han Xiaowei
- Area: 10, 000 sqm
- Date: Design 2014／12；Complete 2015／12
- Status: Construction Complete
Friday, February 3rd, 2017
Article source: PLAY Creator Showcase
In 2016, we were invited to design CUPONE, a coffee shop located at the headquarters of BMW China, by the lobby of Gateway Plaza, a commercial development near Beijing’s embassy district. CUPONE Café extends from an angle of the building’s lobby towards an outdoor terrace, with an indoor area connecting both sections. To integrate these features into a homogeneous design, we selected a “Mountains and Rivers” theme for the project.
Image Courtesy © CAO Xuefeng and LIN Yang
- Architects: SODA Architects
- Project: CUPONE Cafe
- Location: No.18, East 3rd Ring North Road, Beijing, China
- Photography: CAO Xuefeng and LIN Yang
- Client: CUPONE
- Project Team: JIANG Yuan, SONG Chen, CHEN Fei
- Design scopes: Interior, furniture, lighting
- Construction company: SOK Consulting Service Limited
- Area: 300m2
- Project Year: 2016
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017
Article source: Atelier Alter Inc.
No.12 Middle School is one of the best schools in Beijing. There is a strong need from the neighborhood to have the School incorporate kindergarten education in their curriculum. The kindergarten of the school strives for building the best school of the neighborhood, and the architecture of it reflects its ambition. On top of that, the architecture aims for shaping a unique character for the school while enlivening the area of the city.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Alter Inc.
- Architects: Atelier Alter Inc.
- Project: The Paradise of Color
- Location: Fengtai, Beijing, China
- Software used: Rhino
- Client: Beijing No.12 Kindergarten
- Chief Designer: Xiaojun Bu, Yingfan Zhang
- Design Team: Xiaojun Bu, Yingfan Zhang, Dehu Du, Zhenwei Li
- Cost: $864,000
- Area: 4200 M2
- Year: 2016