Posts Tagged ‘China’
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015
Article source: Another Design International
Creative designers have persistence of visions to make waves in the industry. The international awarded designer Pal Pang from Another Design International was invited by property fund for a collaboration interior design project “Metropolitan Heights no.I” in China shares Mr. Pang’s devotion and passion in design, arts and culture.
Image Courtesy © Another Design International
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015
Article source: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
The project is the last one which Dushe team (www.shdsd.cn) designed in ECADI.
This fragmented system is frequently used as an interpretation of contemporary cities; the iconic fragment becomes the signature of the city. But the city itself contains abundant resources. The 99% of these fragments are unknown for the public, but the city is also composed of background buildings.
Image Courtesy © Peter
- Architects: Dushe Architectural Design Co.
- Project: The expansion project of Dongjiao State Guest Hotel
- Location: Pudong district, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Peter
- Project Owner: Dongjiao State Guest Hotel, Shanghai Donghu(Group) Co.
- Design Manager: Di Shen (Xian Dai Architectural Design Group Co.), Kege Ling（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Principal Architects: Qilin Zhang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）, Yijia Liu（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Chief Engineer of Architecture: Limin Wang（Shanghai Dushe Architectural Design Co.）
- Building Area: 8,000 square meters
- Site Area: 5,000 square meters
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: LINEHOUSE
Located on one of Shanghai’s busiest streets alive with local food stalls, small restaurants, shops and sidewalk activity, Little Catch is a fishmonger specialising in fresh and cooked seafood. LINEHOUSE created a three dimensional net that externally reaches into the street as a canopy and envelops the customers as they enter into the shop. On the ceiling the net, constructed out of a white powder coated metal structure infilled with white mesh of varying densities and transparencies, opens up in areas to create additional shelving for products. On the walls the metal structure folds and bends to hold the fresh seafood display, the cashier, product shelving and a table seating two.
Image Courtesy © Drew Bates
- Architects: LINEHOUSE
- Project: Tiny shanghai shop into little catch fishmonger
- Location: Wulumuqi Road, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Drew Bates
- Software used: AUTOCAD, Sketch up, Photoshop and Indesign
- Graphics: Evelyn Chiu
- Area: 18sqm
- Year of completion: January 2015
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
The focus of the Shenzhen metropolis is on national and international IT research and development. A core project for strengthening the IT industry is the „Shenzhen Software Industry Base“, for the first plot of which the architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners won the design commission as part of an international competition in 2009; this has now been completed.
The project is situated in the western Nanshan district and enjoys a favorable strategic location due to its proximity to Hong Kong, the international Bao’An airport and the eastern financial center.
Image Courtesy © Christan Gahl
- Architects: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: Shenzhen Software Industry Base
- Location: Plot 1, Shenzhen, China
- Photography: Christan Gahl
- Construction period: 2011 – 2014
- GFA above ground: 111.600,00 m²
- GFA below ground: 26.300,00 m²
- Total GFA: 137.900,00 m²
- Height of tower: 1 60 m
Sunday, May 17th, 2015
Article source: HHD_FUN
The International Horticultural Exposition 2014 opened in Qingdao on April 25th; the two service centers, “Heavenly Water (Tianshui)” and “Earthy Pond (Dichi)”, are named after the two extant lakes on Baiguo Mountain where the buildings are respectively located. As the primary architecture of the Expo area, the buildings undertook multiple functions including circulation hub, activity center, restaurant, recreational landscape, cultural communication, exhibition, etc. Considering the distinctive nature of the architecture and its geographical location, the following unique relationships require particular design treatments.
Image Courtesy © Zhenfei Wang
- Architects: HHD_FUN
- Project: Heavenly Water Service Center of International Horticultural Exposition 2014
- Location: Qingdao, Shandong, China
- Photography: Zhenfei Wang, DuoCai Photograph
- LDI: BDGQingdao beiyang architectural design co., LTD
- Site area: 23000 m2
- Floor area: 6539 m2
- Completion Date: 2011-2014
Thursday, May 14th, 2015
Article source: AFR ThinkingUrban
Knock it down and start from scratch. Unfortunately this is the standard for many large-scale developers around the world – knock it down, and build a large, better version. But is that always the right choice?
Image Courtesy © AFR ThinkingUrban Edinburgh
- Architects: AFR ThinkingUrban
- Project: Heritage and Financial Centre Bo Gang
- Location: Bo Gang, Guang Dong, China
- Photography: Marco Crawford, AFR ThinkingUrban Edinburgh
- Client: Yen Development Corporation
- Area: 30,000sq.m.
- Year: Planning Approval
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: CAA
This is a whole set brand space design for a chain. CAA brand team , is leading the design from brand strategy , ideas to supervision on the construction. The whole idea originates from traditional Chinese “bamboo weaving” elements combine with western “Arch” structure. Implementing modulization to realize it. Now it’s presenting Eastern Nostalgia experience and post-modernism.
Image Courtesy © CAA
- Architects: CAA
- Project: Jordan Road Restaurant & Bar
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Creative Director: Liu Haowei
- Brand Strategy: CAA Brand Team
- Project Type: Catering Brand
- Project Area: 400㎡
- Design Date:10/2014
- Completion Date: 02/2015
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015
Article source: Penda
Penda recently finished a landscape sculpture in Xiangyang, China, which consists of more than 500 perforated, vibrantly coloured steel fins varying in height. The sculpture marks the entrance gate to the largest Myrtle Tree Garden in Asia.
Music, Rhythm and Dance in combination with the surrounding Landscape were the main parameters shaping ‘the Soundwave’.
Image Courtesy © Xia Zhi
- Architects: Penda
- Project: The Soundwave
- Location: Xiangyang, Hubei, China
- Photography: Xia Zhi
- PROJECT TEAM: Dayong Sun, Chris Precht, Fei Tang Precht, Yongjian Huang, Zhonghua Tang, ChunLei Zhu, Junfeng Li, Runxin Tang
- PROJECT TYPE: Public Installation, Landscape Design
- PROJECTSIZE: 5.000m2
- PROJECT YEAR: 2013 – 2015
Thursday, April 16th, 2015
Article source: Goettsch Partners
Goettsch Partners (GP) is pleased to announce that construction has commenced on the 445m tall mixed-use Nanning Resources Center Tower. Located in Nanning, capital of the Guangxi Province, the project is sited along Minzu Avenue at the heart of the burgeoning Fengling District. The 255,000 square meter tower is linked to public transportation through underground connections at the B1 level, and to adjacent buildings via indoor and outdoor pedestrian corridors at the ground and sixth floors respectively. Upon completion, the NRC Tower will be the tallest building in Nanning.
Image Courtesy © Goettsch Partners
- Architects: Goettsch Partners
- Project: Nanning China Resources Center Tower
- Location: Nanning, China
Sunday, April 5th, 2015
Article source: Original Design Studio
Fan Zeng art gallery is built for exhibition, communication, research and collection of the calligraphy, paintings and poetries, which is created by master Fan Zeng and the Fan Family in Nantong city.
Image Courtesy © Yao li, Su Shengliang
- Architects: Original Design Studio
- Project: Fan Zeng Art Gallery
- Location: Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu Province, China
- Photography: Yao li, Su Shengliang
- Architects In Charge: Zhang Ming, Zhang Zi, Li Xuefeng, Sun Jialong, Zhang Zhiguang, Su Ting
- Design Company: The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Tongji University Original Design Studio
- Investor: Nantong University
- Area: 7028㎡
- Construction Time: 2014.9
- Design Time: 2010.11——2013.1