Posts Tagged ‘China’
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
Article source: COORDINATION ASIA Ltd.
On January 18, 2015, China sees the opening of its first kids design experience: the Kids Museum of Glass. Children can explore their creativity in the former workshop that is converted into a space that hosts an Exhibition, a DIY Workshop, two Cafés, a Gift Shop and a Party Space. The idea and design of the museum are by Tilman Thürmer, founder and CEO of COORDINATION ASIA, and combines art, design, performances, films and games in a creative, interactive and educational environment. The 2,000 sqm space is designed for children in the age of 4-10 to learn about the basics of glass in a playful and fun way.
Image Courtesy © COORDINATION ASIA Ltd.
- Architects: COORDINATION ASIA Ltd.
- Project: KIDS MUSEUM OF GLASS
- Location: 685 West Changjiang Rd Baoshan District, Shanghai, China
- Client: Shanghai G+ Culture Creative Developing Co.,Ltd
- Construction: Shanghai Jieshuo Stage Property Company Ltd. (Exhibition), Shanghai Jiecheng Exhibition & Display Company Ltd. (Multimedia), Jiangsu Henglong Decoration Engineering Company Ltd. (Interior),Shanghai Bo Wen Architecture Decoration Co., Ltd (Interior), Shanghai Tongjian Qianghua Building Design Company Ltd. (Building)
- Shanghai Jinqiao Engineering Construction & Development CompanyLtd. (Building)
- Extent: 2,000 sqm
- Completion Date: January 2015
Friday, February 13th, 2015
Article source: SLOW Architects
The Italian word “Baita” refers to a place that allows climbers to have a break and regain their strength. This café located in Vanke Lake Songhua Resort is appropriately denominated as “Baita Italia” due to its remarkable place at the right beginning of the town center of the resort facing the mountain and the ski tracks, and its role in the cultural communication between Vanke and Italy.
Image Courtesy © Zhou Ruogu
- Architects: SLOW Architects
- Project: Baita Italia
- Location: Lake Songhua, Jilin
- Photography: Zhou Ruogu
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and Photoshop
- GFA: approx. 500m2
- Completion time: 2014.12
Thursday, February 12th, 2015
Article source: Atelier I-N-D-J
The Urban Harvest, Shanghai features food grown on site: a minimum miles concept aimed at reducing food miles – in this case zero, other ingredients are sourced locally where possible.
Image Courtesy © Atelier I-N-D-J
- Architects: Atelier I-N-D-J
- Project: G10 in Shanghai
- Location: Xuejiahui, Shanghai, China
- Software used: Rhino, AutoCad
- Design Team: Ian Douglas-Jones, Leo Leung,Liu Yong
Wednesday, February 11th, 2015
Article source: 100architects
This project is located in Shanghai, on East Nanjing road’s Century Square, the most famous and glamorous pedestrian street in the “heart” of the city center.
The essence of this street is its commercial status, which was historically developed as a link between East and West, connecting directly the port with the city, therefore used as the principal trading platform, becoming a cultural and social active axis.
Image Courtesy © 100architects
- Architects: 100architects
- Project: Red Carpet
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Software used: Rhino 5.0, AutoCad 2014, Photoshop
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015
Article source: AtelierBlur / Georges Hung Architecte D.P.L.G. + Partners
The new Neighborhood Centre is a central piece of the community-oriented facility, a masterplan designed to cater to an entirely new work-live-play district along the main infrastructural artery connecting Shantou and Shenzhen along the National road G324. Situated within the Shenzhen-Shantou special cooperation zone, the planning incorporates a series of commercial, cultural and community oriented facilities to add leisure and entertainment and fun into a developing district. Amidst 10.36 sqkm area of high tech, science and technology innovation platform, emerging industries, and other entrepreneurial and agricultural based industries, these facilities are well serviced along the main arteries, which connect the various functional zones and living communities. The Neighborhood Centre and its environs are destined to become community hubs to attract users and promote interaction as well as a place to be for all leisure, entertainment and satisfying quotidian needs in living.
Image Courtesy © AtelierBlur / Georges Hung Architecte D.P.L.G. + Partners
- Architects: AtelierBlur / Georges Hung Architecte D.P.L.G. + Partners
- Project: Shanwei Neighborhood Centre Design Competition
- Location: Shanwei Special Cooperation Zone of Shenzhen-Shantou, China
- Software used: Autocad 2014, Rhino, 3DS Max, Photoshop
- Executive Architects/Engineers: Huazhu Architetcure + Engineers Consultants Company Ltd.
- Scope: Invited Competition – 1st place+Commission
- Total GFA: 40 480 sqm
- The competition date: dec. 2014
- Expected year of completion: 2017
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Article source: C&C DESIGN CO.,LTD.
This project is located in a sales center with classic style. When we live in the city for so long, it is easy for us to feel numb and ignore the beauty of natural scenery. The fast-paced information era also makes people ignore daily life. We are open to the possibilities of free and flowing space, regardless of architecture limitations. Stars, mountains, rivers, snowflakes, or sweet chocolate are our most cherishing childhood memories which remind us of the importance of living condition by abstract forms.
Image Courtesy © C&C DESIGN CO.,LTD.
- Architects: C&C DESIGN CO.,LTD.
- Project: Pearl River Science and Technology Digital City Sales Center
- Location: Guangdong, China
Tuesday, January 20th, 2015
Article source: AtelierBlur / Georges Hung Architecte D.P.L.G.
BabySteps is new playgroup in the heart of Central district in Hong Kong. Situated on Arbuthnot road, on the 25th floor of the Universal Trade Centre Tower. Created to shape and foster a unique learning experience, Babysteps offers innovative psychological approaches to bring to life each child’s passion for learning.
Image Courtesy © AtelierBlur / Georges Hung Architecte D.P.L.G.
Friday, January 16th, 2015
Article source: RTA-Office
RTA-Office recently won 1st prize in the competition of Qingdao’s Innovation Park design. The project belongs to a greater (1 million square meters) development scheme that targets IT companies from all over Qingdao.
The winning proposal is set for construction next year.
RTA-Office’s project occupies a privileged place, at the center of the development area and is comprised of a total of six office towers: two tall buildings of 160 m, two of 100 m and two adjacent buildings of 70 m each.
Image Courtesy © RTA-Office
- Architects: RTA-Office (Santiago Parramón)
- Project: Qingdao Innovation Park
- Location: Qingdao, China
- Project: 2014
- Completion Date: 2015
- Client: Private
Friday, January 16th, 2015
Article source: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
China has in recent years become the second largest producer and consumer of movies. With this as a starting point, the Bolong 3D Movie Museum and Mediatek is imagined as the cornerstone of a new media park in Tianjin.
The building design takes it inspiration from the clouds, emphasizing ideas of creativity and inspiration.
Image Courtesy © HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Architects: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Bolong Movie Museum
- Location: Tianjin, China
- Type: Invited Proposal.
- Size: 74,000 M2 / 80,000 SF.
- Client: Tianjin Urban Panning Bureau.
- Status: Invited Competition, Pending.
- Collaborators: AI.
Wednesday, January 14th, 2015
Article source: LATITUDE
Just as every home represents the unique lifestyle and attitude of its owner, every hotel has its own unique personality. Thus, hotel rooms represent the ideal relationship between individual inhabitants and their desired lifestyles.
Situated in Luhuitou Bay, this boutique hotel consists of 42 individual guest rooms with a diverse range of room styles.
Image Courtesy © LATITUDE
- Architects: LATITUDE
- Project: Ammo Hotel
- Location: Sanya, China
- Software used: Autocad 2013, 3D Studio Max 2013, Adobe Photoshp CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Year: 2014
- Type: Commission
- Status: Proposal
- Client: Ammo Catering Culture Co., Limited
- Program: 2,600sqm for 42 rooms + 1,500sqm for common facilities
- Chief Designer: Manuel N. Zornoza
- Project Manager: Lihui Sim
- Team: Andrea Ramos Rodriguez, Bo Liu, Jersy Biel, Jorge Cortes de Castro, Lisa Bai, Li Xiang, Lucia Bravo Guinea