Posts Tagged ‘China’
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Article source: Girimun Architects
This mixed-use development consists of a 5-storeys retail podium and retail basement of 74,800 sqm and two SoHo 86m-tall towers housing 1040 individual units. It will bring a fresh air of contemporary urban lifestyle to this outskirt area of Shanghai. The shopping environment with its fluid sequence of spaces, atriums and corridors is integrated seamlessly with the surroundings and the vicinity as a whole through multi-level links, bridges and passages that brings together the local metro station to the local residential neighborhood and adjacent commercial developments.
Image Courtesy © Girimun Architects
- Architects: Girimun Architects
- Project: Longfor Baoshan Mixed-use Complex
- Location: Shanghai, china
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Article source: B+H Architects
Looking to further expand into the Asian market, Italian luxury brand PAUL & SHARK embarked on a mission to renew its brand image. The first step: launch its Asian flagship store on Canton Road, Hong Kong. This would become the prototype for a new generation of PAUL & SHARK stores.
Image Courtesy © B+H Architects
- Architects: B+H Architects
- Project: Rebranding with Design
- Location: Shop G107, No.7-25 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Principal in charge: Susana Swee
- Design Director: Jean Sebastien Bourdages
- Design team: Filip Piwowarczyk, Shukri Atta, Justice Wang, Livia Sima, Jason Gonzales
- Lighting Design: AVA & Consultancy
- Contractor, façade: Prorich Engineering Ltd.
- Contractor, interior: Leung & Chang interiors Ltd.
- Client: Paul&Shark and Imaginex
- Completion: 2013
Monday, September 8th, 2014
Article source: TheeAe LTD
As per design requirements of the Phase 3D design ideas which are to create an innovative iconic architecture, generate ingenious and sustainable low carbon design, and design the building which unifies the Park’s development in harmony with other buildings in the Park, a big challenge is to reveal the gateway of Hong Kong Science Park. The Park is the place where the science and its technology has been studied and developed in Hong Kong.
Image Courtesy © TheeAe LTD
- Architects: TheeAe LTD
- Project: Mixed Use Office Tower
- Location: Hong Kong, China
Saturday, September 6th, 2014
Article source: PENDA DESIGNS
Penda has been commissioned by the Beijing-based property developer Hongkun to lay out a concept for its café brand Home Café with potential to spread it throughout China. The café chain will incorporate various concept versions to offer spaces to breathe in heavily polluted areas of China. Two debut locations opened its doors in Beijing and Tianjin. With air pollution being a major issue in Chinese cities, Penda decided to create a café for visitors to take a deep breath of clean air.
Image Courtesy © PENDA DESIGNS
- Architects: PENDA DESIGNS
- Project: HOME CAFE
- Location: Beijing, China
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Article source: A-ASTERISK
The project is located in Saertu District of Daqing City, with the north of the district facing the government buildings and to its west flows the Liming River. The total site area is about 170,000 square meters. The design assignment includes semi-detached house, 6 floor residence, high-rise residence and commercial communities, kindergartens, gymnasiums, underground garage space and ancillary equipment.
Image Courtesy © HIROMATSU Misae
- Architects: A-ASTERISK
- Project: Daqing LEFT BANK CITY
- Location: Daqing, CHINA
- Photography: HIROMATSU Misae
- Principle use: Residence, Shop, Gymnasium, Kindergarten
- Client: Daqing Aolong real estate
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Article source: Mongkok Residence
Aedas designs a serviced apartment building in one of the most densely populated places on the planet
With a population density of 130,000 people per square kilometre, Mongkok, a neighborhood in Hong Kong, is one of the most densely populated places on the planet. Aedas was appointed to design a serviced apartment building in this hyper dense district, whose construction work commenced recently.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Mongkok Residence
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Project Design Director: Cary Lau
- Client: Good Standing (Hong Kong) Limited
- Site area: 614 square meters
- Gross floor area: 5,514 square meters
- Completion year: 2015
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Article source: 5+design
International architecture firm 5+design announces plans for Diamond Hill, a highly cultivated mixed-use project located in Shenyang, China whose residential, office and retail spaces will be built atop a fully integrated transportation hub. The hub will connect Shenyang’s regional mass transit network with a transportation interchange that includes both a bus depot and a LRT station on the ground level of the project. This connectivity to the greater city will ensure both convenient access to the project for visitors, and to the city for the project’s residents.
Image Courtesy © 5+design
- Architects: 5+design
- Project: Diamond Hill
- Location: Shenyang, China
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Article source: Spark Architects
SPARK has completed the design of Prince’s Building a 71,600-square-metre mixed-use development and transportation hub for China Merchants. Located in Shenzhen South China the 110-metre-high, 27-storey office tower and five retail pavilions are connected by landscaped terraces that combine to create a unique naturally ventilated retail and business destination for the lively Skekou district of the city. The buildings sit over and adjacent to a new transportation hub that includes a bus terminal and the Seaworld subway station.
Image Courtesy © Spark Architects
- Architects: Spark Architects
- Project: PRINCE’S BUILDING
- Location: SHENZHEN, CHINA
- Total GFA (sqm): 71,600sqm
- Office: 47,200sqm
- Retail: 20,400sqm
- Bus Terminal: 4000sqm
- Master Plan and Architecture: SPARK
- Project Director: Stephen Pimbley, Lim Wenhui
- Project Associates: Carlo Joson, Peter Morris
- Team: Cynthia Liau, Rafal Kapusta, Lintang Wuriantari, Darmaganda, Mark Mancenido, Olivia, Wong, Fabian Ong, Paula Zheng, Arnold Galang, Natasha Hill
- Client: China Merchants
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Article source: Rocco Design Architects Ltd
The CITIC Financial Centre is the headquarters building of CITIC Securities Company Limited based in Shenzhen. The project is located at the western gateway area of Shenzhen Bay flanking a green public space to the west. The programs include offices, conference facilities, hotels and residential apartments. It will be the first urban mixed-use complex built at the site.
Image Courtesy © Rocco Design Architects Ltd
- Architects: Rocco Design Architects Ltd
- Project: CITIC Financial Centre
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Designed Year: 2014
- Site Area: 50,770 sq. m
- Total G.F.A: 241,000 sq. m
- Project Team: Rocco Yim, William Tam, Derrick Tsang, Dennis Chan, Cindy Chan, Cai Jing Hua, Cecilia Cheng, Carmen Lee
- Client: CITIC Securities Co., Ltd.
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Article source: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
In their design for Le Meridien hotel, Shanghai-based firm Neri&Hu envisions a new landmark for Zhengzhou, the capital of Henan province. Henan, once the ancient political, economic and cultural center of China and home to many Emperors, today welcomes the international traveler. To showcase Henan’s history through its Arts (of Literature, Nature, Food, Theater, and Pattern) the architects conceived of the building as an “archive” of new and old artifacts that becomes a point of discovery for residents and travelers alike.
Image Courtesy © Pegenaute
- Architects: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
- Project: Le Meridien Zhengzhou
- Location: Zhengzhou, China
- Photography: Pegenaute
- Project Type: Hospitality – Hotel Tower
- Completion Date: November 2013
- Design Period: September 2009 – November 2013
- Gross square footage: 43,000sqm
- Exterior Program: 25 storey tower structure and cladding
- Owner / Developer / Investor (Please provide all if not one company): Central China
Contractors / Consultants:
- Curtain wall contractor: Beijing Jianghe Curtain Wall Co Ltd
- Local Design Institute: South Architectural Design Institute
- Curtain wall consultant: Axis Facades, Kaiteng Curtain Wall Design Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Landscape contractor: Guangzhou Landscape Contruction Co.
- Lighting consultant: LEOX Lighting Co.
- Design Team: Lyndon Neri & Rossana Hu (principals-in-charge), Alex Mok (associate), Lina Hsieh Lee (senior architectural designer), Louise Ma (interior designer), Christina Luk (senior project manager) Dirk Weiblen, Wang Xiang, Windy Zhang, Victor Ung.