Posts Tagged ‘China’
Thursday, June 20th, 2013
Article source: schmidt hammer lassen architects’
On 30 May 2013, schmidt hammer lassen architects, East China Architecture and Design Institute, and Shanghai Expo Construction Development Company celebrated the ground breaking for, and start of construction of, the new Green Valley project on the site of the former 2010 Shanghai Expo.
Image Courtesy © schmidt hammer lassen architects’
- Architects: schmidt hammer lassen architects’
- Project: Green Valley project breaks ground
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Lead design architect: schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Local architect: ECADI (East China Architecture and Design Institute)
- Client: Shanghai EXPO Construction Development Co. Ltd.
- Area: 50,000 m²
- Competition: 2012, 1st prize in invited international competition
- Status: Construction period 2013 – 2015
Saturday, June 15th, 2013
Article source: SBA International
The German architectural office SBA in Stuttgart wins the first prize for the new City Cluster of the future. The new multipolar city with the “International Automobile City”, which incorporates the existing BMW plant (Tiexi factory) into the landscape, is organized in several theme areas.
Image Courtesy © SBA International
- Architects: SBA International
- Project: Shenyang International Automobile City
- Location: Shenyang, China
- Design team: Cathrin Fischer, Markus Meissner, Reinhard Braun, Hans Hellmann, Tan Dongyue, Mareen Brinkmann,Qi Yijun, Zhou Jie, Zuo Fei, Wang Hui
- Energy concept: Clean City Concept
- Client: Economic Development Zone Sub-office of Shenyang Bureau of Planning and Land Resource
- Planning target: New Town with a network of center structures
- Total area: 91 km2
- Water area: 9 km2
- GFA: 92 Mio. m2
- Software used: AutoCad, InDesign, Photoshop, 3ds max, SketchUp
Thursday, June 13th, 2013
Article source: Eugenio Aglietti
Shanghai is one of the Chinese cities with the highest levels of CO2 emissions per capita and held the lead as the biggest carbon dioxide emitter between 2004 and 2007. Another problem that affects the city relates with the quality of water, which is severely contaminated: about 80% of the water comes from the Huangpu river, one of the most polluted rivers in the world.
Image Courtesy © Eugenio Aglietti
- Architects: Eugenio Aglietti
- Project: VetiVertical
- Location: Longhua East Road, Shanghai, China
- Competition: eVolo Skyscrapers Year: 2013
- Type: mixed-use skyscraper
- Building area: 55.600 sqm
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013
Article source: Peter Ruge Architekten
Green Health City is an ecologically sustainable development designed to support and promote the condition of physical and emotional human health. Situated in China’s Hainan Province in Boao Lecheng on the Wanquan River, five island districts bring together world-class medical facilities, employ new strategies for green energy production and rethink transportation networking to achieve a sustainable urban prototype. Pathways toward a sustainable future are forged through strong ties to local identity and respect for history. By establishing a cross-disciplinary and inter-cultural approach to design that is routed in China’s long history, a comprehensive and well considered scheme is achieved.
Image Courtesy © Peter Ruge Architekten
- Architects: Peter Ruge Architekten
- Project: Green Health City
- Location: Boao Lecheng, Hainan, China
- Client: China Power International New Energy Holding LTD, 570216 Haikou, Hainan Province, P.R. China , Web: www.cpine.com.cn
- Project Partners: INFRAWIND EURASIA e.V. Berlin, Charité Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin
- Brief: Green Health City is an ecologically sustainable development designed to support and promote human health. Five island districts bring together world class medical facilities, implement new strategies for green energy production and rethink transportation networking to achieve a 100% co2 neutral footprint.
- Scope of services: Concept master planning, preliminary design of city districts, integrated transportation network planning, green energy concept development.
- Size: Total Area: 28 km²
- Duration: 2012-2013
- Presentations: United Nations RIO +20 Implementation Summit, Berlin, 2013,Asia Pacific Week, Berlin, 2013 , Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference, Boao, 2013 (more…)
Friday, June 7th, 2013
Article source: Latitude Studio
In large industry structures, the construction of the industrial building is based on logistic, distribution and volumetric requirements determined by the production. It is one of the few building types whose value is measured more in terms of equipment assets than how it performs as social infrastructure.
Image Courtesy Latitude Studio
- Architects: Latitude Studio
- Project: Research and Design Center
- Location: Hebei Province, China
- Year: 2013
- Type: Commission
- Status: On-going
- Client: N/A
- Chief Designer: Manuel Navarro
- Project Manager: Lihui Sim
- Team: Jorge Cortes, Wang Heyi, Carrie Xun, Lin Yiye
- Software used: Adobe Illustrator CS6, Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013, AutoCad 2010
Friday, June 7th, 2013
Article source: FR-EE – Fernando Romero Enterprise
An ambitious master plan was designed for the construction of a multipurpose modern city in Jinhua. In the spirit of this plan, the local government commissioned a tea house to be built beside a pond in a park next to the river that runs through the city. The concept was reworked formally to create a structure that also serves as a mirror—the lower part reflects the upper part, thus producing an effect of continuous space. Our first concept was totally open and functioned as a mask in relation to the neighboring pavilions.
Image Courtesy FREE – Fernando Romero EnterprisE
- Architects: FR-EE – Fernando Romero Enterprise
- Project: Bridging Tea House
- Location: Jinhua, China
- Program: Cultural
- Size: 250 m2
- Date: 2004–06
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
Article source: MDU architetti
China, Italy … A history of continuous connections between the two nations that started in the XIII century from the voyage of Marco Polo with his masterpiece: “il Milione”.
A narration of the encounter of two millenary cultures.
The project for the Italian Trade Center “I Principi d’Italia” looks for the architectural expression of this historical encounter. From a conceptual point of view the project is a narration, the narration of a voyage between China and Italy and so, of the encounter of the eastern and the western culture.
Image courtesy mdu architetti
- Architects: MDU architetti
- Project: CITTA’ ITALIA
- Location: China & Italy
- Program: trade center, office tower, residential tower
- Client: Xu Quiu Lin_Giulin Group Branch
- Team: Valerio Barberis, Alessandro Corradini, Cristiano Cosi, Marcello Marchesini
- Collaborators: Michele Fiesoli, David Bigiarini, Nico Fedi, Eugenio Salvetti, Dante Vinciguerra
- Sustainable architecture: Sabrina Borgianni
- Local partner: Design Institute Zhe Jiang Jing Jian
- Dimentions: gross area: 47.000 sqm, volume: 345.000 cubic metres
- Materials: bronze glass facade, steel frame
design: 2008 – 2009
ground breaking: 2010
completion: in progress
- Building cost: confidential
- Software used: AutoCAD LT
Sunday, May 12th, 2013
Article source: Prism Design
Kagurazaka, Tokyo, Japan renowned for more than 10 years, “Edo Robata kemuri” the upcoming Shanghai Hongqiao, to December 31, 2013, opened its presence in China’s first store. According to the owners of the two theme design requirements.
- Similar like in the movie “Kill Bill” from overseas angle to show the world outlook of the Asian culture.
- The shop name kemuri (meaning “smoke” in japanese), through the design can show The moral of kemuri.
Image Courtesy © Eiichi Kano – Nacasa & Partners Inc.
- Architects: Prism Design
- Project: Kemuri Shanghai Restaurant & Bar
- Location: 2088 Yan’an Xi Lu, at the Garden Plaza,Shanghai,China
- Photographe: Nacasa & Partners Inc.
- Photographer: Eiichi Kano
- Construction: Shanghai Zhao bo Zhuang Huang Engineerings of & Construction Co,.Ltd
- designed by: TOMOHIRO KATSUKI, MASANORI KOBAYASHI, REIJI KOBAYASHI
- Furniture Design: Prism Design
- Furniture Manufacture: Shanghai Zhao bo Zhuang Huang Engineerings of & Construction Co,.Ltd
Saturday, May 11th, 2013
Article source: Raffaele Marone with Sergio Izzo
… The Great Wall of China… Le Corbusier’s 1931 Algiers Plan Obus…Soria y Mata’s 1862 La Ciudad Lineal… the 5-kilometer-long linear cypress path in Bolgheri…
A never-ending tree path, full of elderly and children, women and men, people on bikes and people walking through a collage of hundreds of different landscapes, races, colors, hairdos and clothes, where the trees change as the geography changes.
Image courtesy Raffaele Marone with Sergio Izzo
- Architects: Raffaele Marone with Sergio Izzo
- Project: The Line a.k.a. Slow City
- Location: Wuwei, China
Saturday, May 11th, 2013
Article source: MVRDV
Sincere Property, MVRDV and Aedas have started construction on a Central Business District at Shanghai’s mostly domestic airport Hongqiao. The 4.5ha site is located near Hongqiao Airport train station at the corner of Shenhai Express Way and Shenbin Road. The plan comprises ten office towers, an underground shopping centre, cultural program, parking and a sunken plaza which will bring a more intimate form of urban life into an area currently dominated by large boulevards and urban expressway’s. The project’s completion is planned for 2015.
Image courtesy MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Hongqiao Business District Winning Proposal
- Location: Shanghai, China