Posts Tagged ‘China’
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011
Article source: Studio505
Australian architects and designers studio505 are currently completing a series of iconic projects in a new cultural precinct in Victoria’s ‘sister state’ Jiangsu Province in China.
- Architects: Studio505
- Project: Lotus Park
- Location: Wujin, China
- Software used: Rhino, Revit, Illustrator, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop
Friday, October 14th, 2011
Article source: Atelier 11
With the grand opening of China Open 2011 on September 25 in Beijing, the China National Tennis Center designed by Beijing-based architectural practice Atelier 11 is officially completed and ready to welcome the top players from the world, including Robin Soderling, Li Na, and Caroline Wozniacki, and hundreds of thousands of tennis fans from China and abroad.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Zhang Guangyuan, Gao Qinglei)
- Architects: Atelier 11
- Name of Project: Diamond Arena — China National Tennis Center
- Location: Beijing, China
- Design Director: Xu Lei
- Design Team: Ding Liqun, Gao Qinglei, Liu Heng, An Peng
- Photographer: Zhang Guangyuan, Gao Qinglei
Wednesday, October 12th, 2011
Article source: CK Designworks
Australian Architects design high rise factory in China.
Melbourne architects CK Designworks have designed a cutting edge 24 storey industrial and commercial building in Nanjing China.
Robert Caulfield, partner in charge of the project said that the building would set new levels of sustainability and environmental conservation for industrial buildings and could set the scene for similar buildings in other parts of the world, particularly where land is at a premium.
5 Pang Chen Hub
- Architect: CK Designworks
- Name of Project: High rise factory in China
- Location: Nanjing, China
Friday, October 7th, 2011
Article source: Ojanen_Chiou Architects LLP
Kunshan City, China, is known as the birthplace of traditional Kunqu opera, and is renowned for its unique canal townships in the Yangtze River Delta. In 2008, the competition sponsor called for ideas for a new 955,000sm waterfront commercial district at a key oxbow portion of the Wusong River in order to support the area’s booming economy while creating public amenities and open space and ameliorating the effects of decades of industrial development.
Exterior View forum and hotel
- Architect: Ojanen_Chiou Architects LLP
- Project: Kunshan Huaqiao Forum and Hotel Proposal
- Location: Kunshan City, China
- Architectural Design Partner: Suzhou Industrial Park Design & Research Institute Co. LTDMaster Planner
- Landscape Architect: SWA Group
- Status: Phase I currently under construction
- Software used: AutoCad, Sketchup, Rhino, and Adobe CS2. The renderings and animation were done in 3Ds Max.
Thursday, September 29th, 2011
Article source: Design Crew for Architecture
Yizhuang is a new city in the south-east of Beijing. At the moment the area is only fields on which the infrastructures works have already started. So there is a main street that will go throughout the city from north to south. This main street will be crossed by 3 main knots defining 3 main districts : an administrative district, a cultural district and an offices district. Our project is located in the offices district and will be the first to be built. A train station stops right in front of the plot, the line will be linking downtown Beijing to the upcoming Yizhuang city.
Beijing Yizhuang Mix
- Architects: Design Crew for Architecture
- Project: Beijing Yizhuang Mix
- Location: Yizhuang, Ludong district, Beijing, China
- Partners in charge: CHAUSSON Nicolas, HUANG Jiaoyang
- Renderings: GAGNON Nicolas
- Local Partner:ACO (YUAN Tiesheng)
Friday, September 23rd, 2011
Article source: inFORM studio
The city of Korla has announced that inFORM studio has been selected as the winner of an international design competition for the Civic Cultural Exhibition and Activity Center in Korla, China. It will be a symbol of a progressive future for the region of Xinjiang. The conceptual proposal embraces the master plan vision for an axial relationship of cultural buildings and a strong east/west pedestrian linkage through the site; it also responds intelligently to the climate, geological heritage, ecology, and contextual views and relationships.
- Architects: inFORM studio
- Project: Civic Cultural Exhibition
- Location: Korla, Xinjiang, China
- Total Project: 8,000 sq m
- Client: City of Korla (Kuerle)
- Technical design principal: Kenneth Van Tine
- Marketing, managing principal: Gina Van Tine
- Design principal: Michael Guthrie
- Design director: Cory Lavigne, Robert Miller, Anna Haezebrouck, Jordan Whitted
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011
Article source: THEPOT
Wuhan, the capital of central China, stands at the crossroads of nine provinces. Located on the Yangtze river, at its confluence with the river Han, the city is surrounded by lakes and hills. It has a rich history, steeped in legend, and is currently developing at breakneck speed.
- Architect: THEPOT
- Name of Project: wuhan new railways station
- Location: Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Company: AREP
- Client: Ministry of the chinese railways
- Project management: AREP / J.M. Duthilleul, E. Tricaud and The Fourth Survey Institute of the China Railway
- International competition: 1st round – 2004, 2nd round – 2005
- End of works: 2009
- Surface area: 120 000 mÂ²
Saturday, September 17th, 2011
Article source: HENN
HENN wins the first prize in the international competition to design the Haikou Tower in Haikou, China. The Masterplan for the central business district of Haikou marks a major milestone in a series of recent designs by HENN. The competition was realized by the Berlin-based design & research HENN StudioB in cooperation with IPPR International Engineering Corporation, Arup, Front and Lumen3.
The other participants of the competition for Haikou Tower were Wilkinson Eyre with Shenzhen Huasen Architecture Design Company, Broadway Malyan with Shanghai Architecture Design Institute, Zaha Hadid Architects with Guangdong Architecture Design Institute, RMJM/Alsop with Southern China University of Science and Technology, Zeidler with Beijing Institute of Architecture Design, Scott Wilson with Eastern China Architecture Design Institute, IBI with China Academy of Architecture Design Research.
- Architects: Henn StudioB
- Project: Haikou Tower
- Location: Haikou, China
- Client: Hainan Airline Group
- Program: Office, Hotel, Conference, Commercial
- Area: 320,000 sqm
- Status: Competition 1st prize
- Local Partner: IPPR International Engineering Corporation
- Consultants: Arup, Front, Lumen 3
- Design Team: Leander Adrian, Daniel da Rocha, Martin Henn, Kaowen Ho, Markus Jacobi, Agata Kycia, Paul Langley, Klaus Ransmayr, Max Schwitalla, Wei Sun, Xin Wang, Mu Xingyu
Saturday, September 10th, 2011
Article source: Miralles Tagliabue EMBT
The magical island will be a complete experience with natural and artificail features that will play together with the comic museum experience. A whole reinvention of the concept of a museum experience, a very brand new concept that will be thought exclusively for the city of hangzhou and for china; making it become a world unique reference in its field.
- Architects: Miralles Tagliabue EMBT
- Project: Comic and Animation Museum Proposal
- Location: White Horse Lake, Hangzhou, China
- Project director: Daniel Rosselló (Miralles Tagliabue EMBT)
- Client: Headquarter of Hangzhou White Horse Lake Creative Town
- Structural Engineer: Julio Martínez calzón, MC2 Estudio de Ingeniería
- Collaborators: Francesca Origa, Gabriele Rotelli, Felipe Pecegueiro, Francesca Neus Frontera, Tomas Montis, William Mathers, Silvia Rio, Ana Catalina Villareal Yarto, Roberto Palau Tamez, Vaiva Simliunaite, Iker Alzola, Alice Puleo, Ana Redondo, Mar Flores , Diego Javier Parra, Beatriz Cabanillas Macìas.
Friday, September 9th, 2011
Article source: Goettsch Partners
A 37-story mixed-use complex in Chengdu, China, recently reached substantial completion and opened its first phase, the 111,500-square-meter Chicony Plaza department store. Occupying a full city block adjacent to a vibrant public square in the central business district of Chengdu, the complex is anchored by the 12-story department store, with a 25-story Grand Hyatt hotel above.
Chicony Plaza Base
- Architects: Goettsch Partners
- Project: Chicony Plaza
- Location: Chengdu, China
- Software used: AutoCAD