Posts Tagged ‘China’
Thursday, January 4th, 2018
Article source: 3andwich Design
Here is Anlong county in Southwest Guizhou province, where is the start point of Via ferrata in Anlong Limestone Resort. The destination of our journey is Limestone Gallery suspended on mountain top, a hundred meters above us.
Image Courtesy © Jin Weiqi
- Architects: 3andwich Design
- Project: Limestone Gallery
- Location: Dushan Town, Anlong County, Southwest Guizhou Autonomous Prefecture, Guizhou Province
- Photography: He Xiugen, Jin Weiqi, Yang Xiaohua
- Software used: SketchUp, Autocad
- Client: Anlong Heyun Tourism and Cultural Development Co.,Ltd
- Principal Architect: He Wei
- Design Team: Chen Long, Mi Jian, Sun Qi, Zhao Zhuoran, Song Ke, Wu Qiancheng, Wu Zhou, Li Wan
- Consultant: Nie Jian, Wang Bin
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018
Article source: MAD Architects
As a recent realization of the concept “Shanshui City,” “Chaoyang Park Plaza”has begun construction. It marks another milestone in one of the practices of MAD’s design theory. This project pushes the boundary of the urbanization process in modern cosmopolitan life by creating a dialogue between artificial scenery and natural landscapes.
Image Courtesy © MAD Architects
- Architects: MAD Architects
- Project: Chaoyang Park Plaza
- Location: Beijing, China
- Directors in Charge: Ma Yansong, Dang Qun, Yosuke Hayano
- Client: Junhao Real Estate Beijing Jingfa Properties Co., Limited.
- Core Design Team: Zhao Wei, Kin Li, Liu Huiying, Lin Guomin, Bennet Hu Po-Kang, Julian Sattler, Nathan Kiatkulpiboone, Li Guangchong, Fu Changrui, Yang Jie, Zhu Jinglu, Younjin Park, Gustaaf Alfred Van Staveren
- Site Area: 30,763 sqm
- Building Area: Aboveground 128,177 sqm, Belowground 94,832 sqm
- Building Height: 120 m
Thursday, December 21st, 2017
Article source: 10 DESIGN
10 DESIGN WINS LATEST DESIGN COMPETITION FOR THE SHIZIMEN CBD IN ZHUHAI
With the recent design competition win of HUAFA INTERNATIONAL SEAFRONT GARDEN, 10 DESIGN celebrates the addition of their third major project in the Shizimen CBD, a new leading financial hub of Zhuhai, China. 10 DESIGN has contributed significantly with their projects totaling over 1 million sqm of GFA within the CBD alone and 8.8 million sqm of GFA throughout the city of Zhuhai.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Huafa International Seafront Garden
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: Huafa Group
- DESIGN TEAM
- Design Partner: Ted Givens
- Partner: Miriam Auyeung
- Director – Retail: Chin Yong Ng,
- Design Director: Peby Pratama, Yushan Wu, Ewa Koter, Hafsa Siddique, Dian Feng, Inigo Arrotegui, Kenton Sin, Mujung Kang, Sannie Yip, Violette Chen, Yan Liu, Alfred Mak, Erin Park and Ruizhao Zhang
- Site Area: 70,276 sqm
- GFA: Total – 376,258 sqm
- Office: 146,741 sqm
- Residential: 131,690 sqm
- Retail: 75,252 sqm
- Hotel: 22,575 sqm
- Height: highest tower at 190m
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017
Article source: Wuhan pures design limited company
This project locates at the Jianghan Road, Wuhan，China. It is a BG (Board Game) bar, and also provides light meal and coffee. HUB is the name of this bar, and it is also its brand culture, aiming at offering a communicative and free space for consumers. By analyzing different kinds of Board Game, such as chess games, strategy games, thematic games, etc, we consider the whole place as a game arena and each consumer will play a role in it. Our design enables each consumer to find his own unique position in the bar. Each unique position is connected which forms a huge net. Everyone in this net can observe, communicate and take part in others’ activities. Briefly speaking, consumers are playing games, and they themselves are in the game, too. This is the aim of HUB.
Image Courtesy © xiaokai Zhang
- Architects: Wuhan pures design limited company
- Project: Hub Board Game bar
- Location: Wuhan, China
- Photography: xiaokai Zhang
- Software used: SketchUp
- Lead Architects: tianyu Xiong & xiaokai Zhang
- Completion Year: 2017
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 430㎡
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017
Article source: Make Architects
Located in the heart of Chengdu – one of China’s key centres of finance and commerce – is The Temple House, a historically-rich hotel that opened in July 2015. Designed by Make Architects for Swire Hotels, The Temple House is the third hotel in Swire’s flourishing House Collective portfolio, following The Upper House in Hong Kong and The Opposite House in Beijing.
Image Courtesy © John Madden
- Architects: Make Architects
- Project: The Temple House
- Location: Chengdu, China
Tuesday, December 19th, 2017
Article source: DL Atelier
Henry David Thoreau said, “City life is millions of people being lonesome together.” Like all the mega-cities, it’s getting increasingly easier in Beijing to feel the loneliness in a vast crowd. People are mentally polarized between the obsession of exquisite urban chaos.
60 km away from Beijing lies Ming Dynasty Tombs, surrounding it are the serrated mountains and loosely aggregated villages where tourists can find our inn. Our client wanted to reshape it into a retreat for exhausted people and an emotional place to restore the personal connections between friends, families or even strangers.
Image Courtesy © Haiting Sun
- Architects: DL Atelier
- Project: Yi She Mountain Inn
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Haiting Sun
Wednesday, December 6th, 2017
Article source: FAN Life
Being elegant and dignified is not only a matter for a small number of elites, it is the common responsibility and mission of the general public. To better record the life of elites, the designer avoids the single decoration style of piling up complex colors. Instead, concise expression which matches the gentle, modest and self-disciplined temperament of urban elites is adopted.
Image Courtesy © YAN Ming
- Designers: FAN Life (DING LiRen, CHEN LiQiang, LIN CuiQi)
- Project: Yuhua • Phase IV ShowFlat
- Location: Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China
- Photography: YAN Ming
- Project Principals: XIA Yang, GAO RenYuan
- Construction Organization: Shanghai Dayan Decoration Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Hard Decoration: Shanghai Hongshe Architectural Design Co., Ltd.
- Area: 220m²
- Completion Time: 2016.11
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Article source: Continuation Studio
The M.Y.Lab Wood Workshop is located on the first floor of a warehouse, which used to be the Dongfeng Sofa Factory in Changning District, Shanghai. Adjacent to the warehouse, it is stood a new-built 150㎡ attached room, forming a triangle lacunain-between. The task is to refurbish the 300㎡ one-storey warehouse into a two-storey commercial space, which is to be operated as a wood crafting learning centre.
Image Courtesy © SHIROMIO Studio
- Architects: Continuation Studio
- Project: Excavating Lost Craft in City –Spatial Renovation of M.Y.Lab Wood Workshop
- Location: 1205 Kaixuan Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China
- Photography: SHIROMIO Studio
- Lead Architects: Fan Jiu-Jiang, Zhai Wen-Ting, Chen Kai-Xiong, Li Ting, Sun Fu-Dong, Chen Liu-Fen, Lyu Shuang-Er, Zhu Wei-Nan (Intern)
- Client: M.Y.Lab
- Genre: Architecture Renovation / Spatial Design
- Consultants: Neng Xiao-Wen
- Area: Approx. 450㎡ (Interior)
- Design Duration: 10/2016 – 12/2016
- Completed Time: 06/2017
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Article source: Dongguan Zheng Xiang Decoration Design Consulting Co. Ltd.
The scenery is as beautiful as a painting; mountains far away are mirrored on the water as if they are very close .” Surrounded by the beautiful natural landscape in the historical town of Huanyao, the project features the characteristic local gables facing the street, where plain colors like black and white are harmoniously integrated in the architectural context. The shape of the gable draws the outline of the skyline of the town, becoming a cultural and poetic landscape.
Image Courtesy © Ouyang Yun
Monday, November 27th, 2017
Article source: KYLE CHAN & ASSOCIATES DESIGN
By capturing natural light and shadow, we draws inspiration from the highly agrarian image of \”seeds\” for the design of the new Yan Ji You book store in Hangzhou, located in Raffles City Plaza of Qianjiang New City. In continuation of its exploration on the relation between design and cities, we applies the natural elements into the design of space and gives it a dynamic sense of life while strengthening the connection between brand design and Hangzhou culture.
Image Courtesy © KYLE CHAN & ASSOCIATES DESIGN