Article source: Andrea Maffei Architects
The competition involves the construction of a new stadium with a capacity of 12,000 seats, easily upgradeable to 16,000 seats.
The request is to build a modern sports center, performing, and secure.
The project area includes, in addition to the stadium itself, a regular-size field for training, and a real “sports village” with shops for fans, dining, and meeting places.
- Architects: Andrea Maffei Architects
- Project: Ruch Chorzow Stadium
- Location: Chorzow, Poland
- Program: football stadium
- Client: Stowarzyszenie Architektów Polskich Oddział Katowice
- Competition time: September 2013 – October 2013
- Coordination: Stefano Bergagna, Andrea Maffei Architects
- Design team: Stefano Bergagna, Giuliano Godoli, Giorgio Ramponi / Andrea Maffei Architects s.r.l. Milano
- Structure project: prof. Massimo Majowiecki, Studio Tecnico Majowiecki
- Associate architect: Jagiełło Krysiak Architekci
- Total area: 100.527 sqm
- Covered area: 33.254 sqm
- Seats: 12.108, 16203 seats
- Maximum height: 18,25 m
- Materials: concrete, steel, glass, teflon