Article source: studio_GAON
Lucia’s earth is located in the old downtown of Gong-Ju city. (Gong-Ju is one of the oldest historical city in Korea.) The house was originally built in 1964.: the first house was mainly built on the soil of unmade yard, and has two small rooms , a tiny kitchen, and a narrow attic.
However, when it comes to the story how the first house of Lucia’s earth was built it gave us different look of the ruined old house.
- Architects: studio_GAON (Hyoungnam Lim, Eunjoo Roh)
- Project: Lucia’s Garden
- Location: Jung-dong, Gongju-si, Chungchung-do, South Korea
- Photography: Youngchae Park
- Project Team: Seongwon Son, Minjung Choi, Sangwoo Lee, Sungpil Lee, Hanmoe Lee, Jinwook Kim, Hyebin Kwon
- Translation: Sungguy Kim
- Construction: Inil Hwang
- Site Area: 132.2 m2
- Building Area: 35.44 m2
- Design Period: 2013.3.1 – 2013.6.4
- Construction Period: 2013.6.12 – 2013.8.2