Article source: LR Architectes
The existing school is located along the main road in the heart of a Belgian village called Barvaux-Condroz, The school is in direct dialogue with the church. It has a widely open view at the back and an open area on the east side of the plot.
The school expansion and renovation project includes the following:
– On the existing building, the south orientation of the rear façade opens on the playground and the landscape, whereas the north façade is relatively closed.
– The position of the entrance to the school is a fundamental question. The present location of the pedestrian crossing and the analysis of safe access to the car park for parents led us to exploit the free zone on the east gable.
- Architects: LR Architectes
- Project: School Barvaux-Condroz
- Location: Barvaux-Condroz, Belgium
- Client: Local administration
- Date: 2008-2011
- Status: Built
- Stability: bureau Delvaux
- Technics: solyremi
- Surface: 600 m²
- Photo credit: m. van coile